Ided Ghost Event

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Ided Ghost Event

Post by Shadowflame909 » #635499

Name: Paranormal Convergence
Minimum round time: 60 minutes
Minimum players: 20
Chance of occurrence: Low
Event Tag-Line: "Anomalious spectral energy detected aboard <station name>, please stand-by."

The wails of the dead have gotten so loud, they've temporarily broken the veil between realms. Like the exploded station ruin's ghosts, or a shade re-sprite ghosts rise from their bodies and enter the corporeal realm as weak simple mobs, destined to inflict vengeance upon the living. After a few minutes have passed, 2-5. The ghosts all dissapear/re-enter their bodies. If they have them.

A random-event that makes the afk sim that is dead-chat slightly more amusing at rare times. Completely ignorable on a slow shift. A long shift with a lot of dead that just wont end? Pure terror for a few minutes. Also good anti-murderboner bait.

just left click it with your fist bro
► Show Spoiler
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Re: Ided Ghost Event

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #635802

this sounds amazing
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #635975

There was like a king ghost that would exist and I don't even remember how it worked exactly but I think you needed a certain amount of ghosts to be on the same tile or everyone had to follow a single ghost which would then make a king ghost or make everyone a king ghost and everyone's ghost would then be visible to the living.

This was back when the chaplain could also hear ghosts sometimes, and regular people would receive a message sometimes when a ghost spoke near them, and ghosts could flicker lights and spin chairs.

This isn't related to your post it just unlocked an ancient memory.
Rhials
Byond Username: TheDuffelbag

Post by Rhials » #677529

This is my first time seeing this post.

I apparently made something that is practically a word-for-word copy of what this thread suggested.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/73024.

I retroactively give you credit for the idea behind this PR, because either I stumbled across this thread while high and forgot I did so, or you somehow inceptioned it into my head through the astral plane.
signature
-me

I've made all of your favorite PRs. Check 'em out!
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #677589

Rhials wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:04 am This is my first time seeing this post.

I apparently made something that is practically a word-for-word copy of what this thread suggested.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/73024.

I retroactively give you credit for the idea behind this PR, because either I stumbled across this thread while high and forgot I did so, or you somehow inceptioned it into my head through the astral plane.
Thank you for potentially reading the ideas forum and maybe letting one of my posts hide in the subconscious of your brain. Wacky events are full of ...spirit.
► Show Spoiler