Revolution Round Rework (RRR) - Ideology chart edition

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Revolution Round Rework (RRR) - Ideology chart edition

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #635978

This thread is a direct challenge to Goofball, who seems to be of the express opinion every revolution is something something pure leftist moshpit (its a opinion but not a singularly valid one), but it was better recieved by Watermelon who could see my point over its implementation so i'll proceed with the idea in full as i know you love my contributions to the game.

Concept:

Using station criteria for modifying random or preset initalized elements, when a revolution succeeds, the round will end after a celebration and loud declaration of a player's manifesto (mentioned below) to be put into action for the next round. This gives the players time to reset into a fresh round, and the next round indeterminate of whether it is secret-mode will be pre-configured accordingly to whether they went with a couple of core scenarios or modified their manifesto to a few secret conditions.

Each player such as like a player's personal preference for a religion (this is very important distinction to make when aiming for a specific outcome)
will have a revolutionary manifesto put into their preferences to modify OOC'ly but is locked into place when being chose for revolutionary head.
  • Talking about a Manifesto ingame when not a antagonist is completely fine as a RP distinguishing point, and won't majorly gameplay (maybe a discount on vendor lapel pins), but you're not allowed to install them out of antag round, for all purposes a mutiny is a mutiny and follows through with a same IC round, even if you can inflict and justify your view of a manifesto ICly.
Core Scenarios:
► Show Spoiler
Secret Endings
Purely determined by manifesto "wording" beyond binary political leanings or taking special actions.
► Show Spoiler
I look forward to you messaging WYCI, and thanks for reading.

Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Revolution Round Rework (RRR) - Ideology chart edition

Post by iamgoofball » #635979

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:29 pm This thread is a direct challenge to Goofball, who seems to be of the express opinion every revolution is something something pure leftist moshpit
can you tell me what our revolutionaries love to shout on ss13?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #635982

I can't change a server's character or culture, but i can offer the freedom to do as they wish with the revolution, which is much stronger than i've seen out of your draft.
iamgoofball wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:41 pm
FantasticFwoosh wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:29 pm This thread is a direct challenge to Goofball, who seems to be of the express opinion every revolution is something something pure leftist moshpit
can you tell me what our revolutionaries love to shout on ss13?

Damn, i forgot to put Bastille Day in to the secret outcomes.

Spoiler:
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #636447

Sounds fun. I'd be down. Ideally the effects are more concrete around implementation but revs having a solid effect on the subsequent round and creating a wildly different environment would be pretty cool, actually!
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #636449

dont add r/politicalcompassmemes to the server
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636458

WYCI
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #636474

I'm never going to modify rev, it is the perfect ideal of a gamemode and you can take your unnecessary extra gameplay elements and place them firmly up your posterior
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #636475

;)
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later