Slightly Useful Genetic Powers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Slightly Useful Genetic Powers

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639245

Aquatic Morphification: You can turn into a slippery puddle. Allowing you to slip someone, or dodge a laser ala Chameleon Projector. Useful!!!! Has a 1 minute revert CD. So don't expect to be able to capitalize on that stun. Also you will be unable to turn back if someone collects you in a beaker, until your splashed on the floor once more. You die if your dried out/tile your on dissapears.

Flesh-Mender: You can now spray your flesh out of your hands to heal other people. You take clone damage from this, but hey sacrifice your life to save others, am I right?

Turtle Shell: You can now block attacks your facing away from, cool! But you can no longer wear a backpack. It also slows you down like a dufflebag.

All of these downsides can be slightly mitigated by chromosomes. Synchronizer to weaken the downside, Power chromosome to buff the upside, whatever the last one was to reduce the amount of Genetic gene points it takes up.
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Slightly Useful Genetic Powers

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #639246

I feel like dying the moment a little cold comes around and you freeze might be a little bit of a problem
10s CD seems like its a lot more reasonable for aquatic morph
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639249

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:01 pm I feel like dying the moment a little cold comes around and you freeze might be a little bit of a problem
10s CD seems like its a lot more reasonable for aquatic morph
Facts.

You make the power poop, forcing them to get the synchronizer chromosome to make it decent. :twisted:
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641145

Another one due to the recent stun baton debacle.

Shock Absorber: Fusion of insulated + Radioactive. Getting hit by a stun baton causes you to release a self-damaging tesla bolt that will cause convulsions and disarms in others. You stay stunned though! If synchronized, less damage taken. If powered up, will also down others. Don't have this mutation if your health-bar is red!!!
► Show Spoiler