Nightmare but for real

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Nightmare but for real

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639252

So Nightmare keeps maint shadow jaunt spookyness. But instead of getting an armblade and trying to destroy lights. He instead becomes an IT/ Freddy Kruger rip off. They gain power based on how low the moodlets of those around them are. Like passive point generation, they also gain points if peoples moodlets drop near them. More active point generation.

Using these low moodlets, they can turn and mimick scary things in an attempt to freak people out. Like xeno sound effects, blob announcements, all the annoying false-alarms. They progressively get stronger, and at the end they can become really terrifying things like an actual mega-fauna on station, One of those space syndicate nukie npcs with the lmg, or an xeno queen, etc, just stuff that'd get the shuttle called immediately.

>But Shadowflame909 that's op and would never happen. Why would you suggest this

Fear not poster, because the ultimate gimmick behind real nightmare is that it's all fake. If you have a good enough mood, none of their madness can touch you. If the majority of the crew has a good enough mood, nightmare gets weaker and weaker until he dies. So go to botany and get weed, be near the clown but dont let him slip you. Go listen to someone play music, get a drink at the bar. Basically don't act like a greytider and you will get through this alive.

But if your the type of player to be alone..fight fire with fire..and generally use violence to solve your problems... A violent end is what you will meet.
► Show Spoiler
ChilliDogDave
Byond Username: ChilliDogDave

Re: Nightmare but for real

Post by ChilliDogDave » #639283

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:27 pm So Nightmare keeps maint shadow jaunt spookyness. But instead of getting an armblade and trying to destroy lights. He instead becomes an IT/ Freddy Kruger rip off. They gain power based on how low the moodlets of those around them are. Like passive point generation, they also gain points if peoples moodlets drop near them. More active point generation.

Using these low moodlets, they can turn and mimick scary things in an attempt to freak people out. Like xeno sound effects, blob announcements, all the annoying false-alarms. They progressively get stronger, and at the end they can become really terrifying things like an actual mega-fauna on station, One of those space syndicate nukie npcs with the lmg, or an xeno queen, etc, just stuff that'd get the shuttle called immediately.

>But Shadowflame909 that's op and would never happen. Why would you suggest this

Fear not poster, because the ultimate gimmick behind real nightmare is that it's all fake. If you have a good enough mood, none of their madness can touch you. If the majority of the crew has a good enough mood, nightmare gets weaker and weaker until he dies. So go to botany and get weed, be near the clown but dont let him slip you. Go listen to someone play music, get a drink at the bar. Basically don't act like a greytider and you will get through this alive.

But if your the type of player to be alone..fight fire with fire..and generally use violence to solve your problems... A violent end is what you will meet.
i kind of like the idea of a chaotic entity that has the goal purely to cause paranoia and fear and doesnt even need to kill to achieve its goal.
i support the idea of this "true nightmare" or "fear stalker" as they are usually called
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #639615

Feels kinda like better revenant, but I'd unironically be down. Assuming mood is robust enough and someone actually bothers to code this it sounds real neat
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639633

Yeah, the mood stuff sounds really cool.
[this space reserved]
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #639762

Unplayable on MRP. You'd die a slow, agonising death as the bar RPers and jobbies keep their mood sky high and stick to public areas. With only Yulice to feed from, you will fade away like foam in the rain
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #639808

yeah ok, I'd be down for it. Make a hackmd so I can steal all your ideas and code em.
Living God

Extraordinary Person