emag brainstorming thread

A place to record your ideas for the game.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

emag brainstorming thread

Post by nianjiilical » #639448

the emag should do more cool things to different machines

we should have a thread to brainstorm cool things the emag can do to different machines

inspired by https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/66647 which is a cool and good idea for an emag function
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: emag brainstorming thread

Post by datorangebottle » #639457

Honestly, the emag is already an incredibly valuable item just for giving you comms console access. I'm not sure it needs any more power.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639460

Emagging the genetics machine to mutate the mob inside of it into an aggro'd gorilla upon the next use.

Emagging the botanist tray to spray acid onto the next person who waters it.

Emagging the experimenter to blow up upon the next experiment.

Emagging the janitors p-wagon to clamp shut and remove the legs of anyone who sits in it next.

That should be all departments having a fun little trick.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639461

datorangebottle wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:31 pm Honestly, the emag is already an incredibly valuable item just for giving you comms console access. I'm not sure it needs any more power.
No way man! The emag should excel as an item that can both be bought to be used to achieve a single cool and unique effect that you have in mind. (Getting carpotoxin from emaged dispencers is a great way to gate off chems to syndies, and you can have some real fun with emaged arcade cabinets.) As well as just being a fun tool to use for wide sabotage. It should have an effect on EVERY machine.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639463

It should have an effect on doors, not busting them open like the past, but SOMETHING tangible.

My suggestions are:
Drop bolts
Electrify
Pulse random wires (same as emp)
Make it so you have to click on the door to open it rather than bump (Funny).
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639465

Emag damage should, as is traditionally the case, be:

1) Obvious
2) Able to be undone only by deconstructing and reconstructing them.

Emagged botany trays should stick the Weeds level at max, allowing tator botanists to go for the kudzu gold and messing up the Doings of botanists you fuck with. Manual weeding should give a message about the tray immediately sprouting more if you manually weed it.

Emagged thermomachines should cross-contaminate their operational-side and waste-side pipes.

Emagged canisters, if "Canisters draw local power to handle high temp/pressure" gets merged, should randomly do shit when you put tanks in, like opening or closing prematurely, reopening the release valve as you eject a tank, etc.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #639495

1. Cryotube, maybe make it amplify the temperature effects to an unsafe degree? A quick way to han-solo the next person some poor doctor tries to fix.
2. Gulag teleporter machine thingy, make it so that instead of getting sent to the gulag you will be transported somewhere safe on station, maint or dorms perhaps?
Weston Echard on Sybil
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #639529

Being able to emag a console in the gateway, to turn it to a syndicate back door to the station could be another way to spawn antagonists as a result of in game mechanics.
Emagged Booze-O-Mat dispensing a Molotov Cocktail would be neat.
Emagged Kitchen Vendor dispensing a rolling pin, that when clicked on reveals a blade. When the cover is put back on, the blood is under the rolling pin and it looks like a regular rolling pin again.
Emagged engi-vend could dispense the airlock opener that used to be associated with Emag
Emagged Incinerator/Gas Turbine doesn't explode, but instead causes the station to move. This causes the outside of the station to act like space outside a shuttle craft, if you take a single step outside you get ejected into deep space and have trouble finding the station again.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #639534

Helios wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:44 pm Emagged engi-vend could dispense the airlock opener that used to be associated with Emag
The emag getting you (several) free 4 TC items is probably not very balanced.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #639760

Oh it would be above the power curve. But pay attention to the context.
If you're already in Engineering, and have a emag, you can break into where you want. Next to you is insulated gloves, screw drivers, wirecutters, crowbars, multi-tools. You already have the power to go wherever you want. This just acts as an additional beneficial interaction, like how using Emag on supply console is above the power curve.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639771

speaking of emagging above the power curve

Emagging a stun baton should lower the stun, and start shocking people with added burn damage
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639908

Here is my list of emag ideas, I will see to it that every single one of them is implemented.

Request console - allows for station wide announcements without the need of head ID verification.
Newscaster - Turns red Prints out a syndicate propaganda poster that gives positive moodlets to traitors, and revolutionaries, but negative moodlets to security and the captain.
Bounty board- Turns red Allows you to mark a bounty as "syndicate backed" as well as make anonymous bounties.
AI core - Disables the AI's firewall and infecting it with a virus that kills it in 40 seconds causing it to violently explode, their display goes haywire
AI card - Makes it impossible to turn off the AI's wireless control, and stops people from wiping it as well as turning it red, emaging it a second time make it explode like a grenade provided there is an AI in it.
Disposals bin - Flushes the instant someone is pushed in, Tears a limb off of anyone who gets flushed in it. The lights on it glow red
Disposals outlet - Shoots objects (and people) coming out of it at immensely high speeds. Glows crimson
Mechs- Disables the DNA lock if enabled, the interface glows a sinister red
Drying rack - Instantly dries items with a 20% chance to destroy them, shoots a blast of flame in all directions
Display case - Unlocks the display case
Autolathe - Unlocks syndicate recipes, suspicious toolbox, Makarov ammo clip manufacturing. Exterior lighting turns red.
Protolathe - Removes the lathe tax, message about capitalist dogs displayed and the errors of free trade where mat storage should be.
ORM - Disables access requirements
Biogenerator - Makes the bubbler glow red and allows for the printing of tactical rigs, tacticool turtnecks, red no-slip shoes, and syndicate Stimulants at a high biomass cost.
Cyborg charger -Safeties disabled. Carbons who enter will get electrocuted and take 95 burn damage. Cyborgs will recharge much faster, if they are charged to full capacity The machine goes bright red, locks them in, and explodes, killing the cyborg.
Cryogenics tube - Bubbles deep red. Converts Cryoxadone into frost oil. Freezes people into statues of ice that can be broken to retrieve their body when they die.
Hydroponics tray - Facilitates rapid weed growth (idea stolen from Pandarsenic)
Gibber - Makes the gibber ignore clothing
Smart fridge - Lets you put anything in the fridge
Roulette Table - Makes it always land on 13, has a chance to send a message to it's owner every time it is rolled
Stasis beds - Glows an evil red after a somone is buckled. screams: Entropy stabilzation protocols subverted! Rapidly ages the target who is unable to unbuckle themselves. Their hair grows gray at 50 years, at 60 they grow a wicked beard and at 70 they gain a disease called entropy induced arthritis which periodically enters bone hurting juice into their system. they can unbuckle themselves at 85 years old. Ones they get to 100 years old they stop ageing and start taking clone damage, if they accumulate 200 clone damage they are dusted.
Medical Kiosk - Makes the screen glow red, exams are free.
Medipen refiller - Refills your epipens with heparin.
Space heater - Increase the max temperature, blows up if the air is too hot
Scanner gate - Makes the scanner always go off
Skill station - Does enough brain damage to cause a trauma when it plugs a chip into your brain.

Items that could have a cool effect but I can't think of any:

Securiy camera
Ore Silo
Circuit imprinter
Reaction chamber (from chemistry)
Deconstructive analyzer
Exosuit fab
Freezer/heater
Electrolyzer
Gas turbine (ask an atmosian for ideas for these)
Mech charger
Food/slime processor
Dish drive
Sheet mister 2000
RND server
Tesla coil
Grounding rod
Telecom relay
Bluespace launchpad/ quantum pad
Teleporter
Explore drones
Sec reconds console
Solars
Robotics control console

The one admins don't want you to see:
Off Topic
Maintenance drones
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639914

I also beg let us have SOMETHING worthwhile you get out of emagging APCs so people can't meta Malf-hacked APCs
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #639935

Exosuit fab: Allows you to craft srm-8 missile rack, and the construction of syndicate mechs and cyborgs, The fab will spark constantly.

Explorer drones: Can bring back syndicate items such as telecrystals or just in general traitor items.

Dish drive: Uses glass from the dishes into shards, and launches them at XTREME speeds, embedding, and causing severe damage.

Circuit Imprinter: Omni, nothing to do

Sec records console: Bypasses ID restrictions.

Reaction chamber: Allows for the stabilizing of highly dangerous and exotic explosives such as nitroglycern, RDX, or TATP
atomic1fire
Byond Username: Atomic1fire

Post by atomic1fire » #641517

Cargo Request Consoles: activate a hidden menu that lets traitors order traitor gear without a PDA or pen, provided they memorize their pass code and still have telecrystals.

Not the cargo ordering computer, but those rando flat panel things on every department wall.

Basically as long as people continue to ignore them, you can pick one and emag it, then always have a back up syndie console as long as no one bothers to find the one console that's been pre-hacked.