More martial arts

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

More martial arts

Post by Annihilite111 » #639764

Martial arts are cool, and there is a lot of cool aspects of them that haven't been put into the game yet. I figured i'd share some cool concepts i came up with.

Scarlet Fury Style: Run fast and cut deep. Passively speeds you up when combat mode is enabled. The intended fighting style is "hit and run", and its combos are based mostly around wounding through armor. I've considered replacing the normal punch with an armor ignoring "rend" seeing as it'd have to contend with stunbatons in melee, and would lack CQC's ability to shut them down completely.
You could also just buy it for the speedup and outrun the cops. Probably has a few broken interactions with prog tator so maybe restrict gun use like with sleeping carp?

Macaque-swings-the-branches style: Control inertia, become monke. A martial art that only works for monkeys. You can now perform "leaps" as if you had tackle gloves, with only minor stamina damage upon each miss, and a knockdown+grab on hit. When attacking a grabbed individual you maul them and tear out a random organ (brain and heart excepted unless no other organs are present). Utterly terrifying in a one on one, but countered pretty easily by just gunning the ape down or scattering sharp objects on the floor, just like in real life.
Fear the maintenence ape. He's coming for your liver.

I would also suggest replacing the origami folding manual with a martial art that causes any thrown objects to gain significant force and maybe even a stun if large enough. It sucks donkey dick at the moment and is used about never.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: More martial arts

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #640181

The code for martial arts sucks so good luck to anyone who tries to acutally implement those in the near future.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #640191

Unfuck the backend, then we can talk
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #640241

we should remove martial arts for being an overpowered crutch