Revisiting cool Minor Suggestions that never happened but maybe should (and one that was BUT AT WHAT COST)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Revisiting cool Minor Suggestions that never happened but maybe should (and one that was BUT AT WHAT COST)

Post by Pandarsenic » #640097

Page 1-10 let's goooo
ThanatosRa wrote: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:37 pm Mice should be able to randomly chew power cables. Maybe make it so it shocks them to death when they do.
GOD. DAMN IT. I HATE MICE SO MUCH.

Anyway, cool stuff that may have slipped away through the years:
Anton Raginovsky wrote: Mon May 26, 2014 12:48 am I think that, once dead, you should no longer be considered deaf. That way, victims of bombings can stay in their bodies but still hear deadchat.
I don't think this ever got fixed?
kosmos wrote: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:54 am Incredible viruses made by the virologist should be researchable and give loads of different R&D levels. Same with mutations genetics finds.
Lock stuff behind something other than Toxins/Atmospherics
Antimattercarp wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:51 am Color at least one of the [brig] cells a bright pepto bismol pink like a a Drunk tank.
DRUNK TANK DRUNK TANK
TheWiznard wrote: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm give traitor implants a verb tab like wizard spells or something because trying to type out *twitch_s in the heat of battle to stop a borg from robusting you is insane. it's not like it makes anything any easier in the long run because you still only get like 2-3 uses out of them, so why can't they actually be useful and have a tab-mabob
HUD buttons instead of verbs, but for the implants that don't work that way (like the nukie boom) if there still are any - I think the EMP implant maybe?
Atticat wrote: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 pm Wearing the fullchicken suit should alter your speech. Kinda of like the luchadores mask OLE!

But instead now you'll be actin' like a real chicken-wo(man) should, BAKAWHHH!!!!
With the chef mustache and speech-altering genetics, we should add this at least to the head if it's too hard to make the head check for the suit.
Fragnostic wrote: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:01 pm I know you can rig a crate by using wires and an electropack on it, but what about other rigging methods/assemblies.

My suggestions for general assemblies start with the basic You rig the crate. message, after you add the wire.
After wiring the crate:
+bike horn: upon attempting to open the crate, a deafening HONK! sound puts you on your ass
+generic spray bottle: upon attempting to open the crate, sprays whatever reagent in the container at you
+signaller: upon attempting to open the crate, the assembly signals at the frequency the signaller was set to
+chemgrenade: upon attempting to open the crate, the chemgrenade is activated, and the appropriate reaction occurs
+improvised firebomb(soda IED): upon attempting to open the crate, pop!
+syndicate minibomb: upon attempting to open the crate, bye
+gas tank(plasma/oxygen): upon attempting to open the crate, the tank releases all gas inside
+generic grenades(flashbang/viscerator/teargas/etc): upon attempting to open the crate, activates grenade
+syringe: upon attempting to open the crate, you are injected all reagents in the syringe

Any more suggestions? Clown related would be great.
I think it would be cool if you could use wirecutters and then a screwdriver to disarm whatever assembly, except for the electro pack one(should require insulated gloves.
Let me know immediately if this is actually in btw
Raven776 wrote: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:21 pm A crew transfer shuttle that takes 15 minutes to arrive, can be recalled up until 3 minutes, and has a first class seating lounge.
Crew transfer as an alternative to Emergency Evac for RP reasons, I beg. Definitely not a minor issue, probably, knowing how shuttles are.
kosmos wrote: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 pm We need a recipe for the metalheads: Metal + Soulshard + Meat + Flour = DEMON BURGER
More food is always good.
deathhoof wrote: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:43 am 1.) Add a syndicate blanket to the traitor uplink menu
Doubles as a cape!
Jacough wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 pm Splashing yourself with space lube should make it harder for people to grab you. In addition hitting rest while running while space lubbed let's you pull off a sick ass high speed power slide.
> escape is a raging inferno
> emergency shuttle leaves in 10 seconds
> POWER SLIDE THROUGH THE INFERNO ONTO THE SHUTTLE LIKE A MOTHER FUCKING ROCK STAR
Probably too hard to do but it would rule
rockpecker wrote: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:54 pm Candles as an alternate way to make chemical smoke would be cool. Something like: grind up candles or crayons (cause we don't have bees on this server) to make wax, then heat in the microwave to make it back into candles. Anything else in the container becomes part of the candle and will get vaporized as it burns. You can now get high just by walking past hydroponics.
Would it be possible to have the candle formula we already have add any reagents also in their container, perhaps up to the volume of the candle reaction (or some portion of it), as part of the reaction?
PKPenguin321 wrote: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:11 am syndicate item for the librarian, a textbook
looks like a normal book, acts like a normal book, can fit in the bookbag and be titled etc
does moderately high brute damage, especially when thrown

might belong in the shitty suggestions thread but i'd use it
Also make Space Law copies have unusually high force so you can THROW THE BOOK AT PEOPLE you know you want it

SO YEAH

These are just the ones I think are remotely feasible, whether actually a small suggestion or not, that have slipped through the cracks and might be easy but could be cool to have. And that's all just pages 1-10, which hasn't left the year 2014 yet.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Revisiting cool Minor Suggestions that never happened but maybe should (and one that was BUT AT WHAT COST)

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640102

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:19 pm
Jacough wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 pm Splashing yourself with space lube should make it harder for people to grab you. In addition hitting rest while running while space lubbed let's you pull off a sick ass high speed power slide.
> escape is a raging inferno
> emergency shuttle leaves in 10 seconds
> POWER SLIDE THROUGH THE INFERNO ONTO THE SHUTTLE LIKE A MOTHER FUCKING ROCK STAR
Probably too hard to do but it would rule
yet.
I've had this exact idea before
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later