Could magicarps of change/healing come back?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Could magicarps of change/healing come back?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640251

Not in their old sense, but neutered wizard-staves now exist in crew hands. What if they just used the neutered versions, like medi-beam healing instead of revival bolts. And change with the chance of polymorphing themselves/can only polymorph others one time.

They just need more bolts in general, 3/4 are offensive and one of them just creates doors.
► Show Spoiler
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: Could magicarps of change/healing come back?

Post by TheFinalPotato » #640282

Alternatively, what if we removed xenobio
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640283

I would seethe and inhale copium

Well not so much now that I can't become an ash drake...

If we keep sentience potions somehow, I'd deal.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #640431

Yeah, and they wouldn't need to be nerfed or anything. Just bring them back as they were. They were fine.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640433

They got removed by a player who rolled space ninja for the first time in a while and got turned into a monkey while jetpacking in space. Admitted it was an ided pr and everything.

I'm still coping that it got merged
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640434

cacogen wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:33 am Yeah, and they wouldn't need to be nerfed or anything. Just bring them back as they were. They were fine.
God no.
People turning themselves into wizards with sentient staffs is the worst part of xenobio.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640469

I've never had a good experience with a sentient xenobio Magicarp.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640475

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:34 pm I've never had a good experience with a sentient xenobio Magicarp.
I killed one with a fire axe and had it start yelling at me in occ about how it was friendly and that was kinda funny.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #640544

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:34 pm I've never had a good experience with a sentient xenobio Magicarp.
90% think xenobio is free antag.

The remaining 10% get bored and self antag.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #640554

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:38 pm They got removed by a player who rolled space ninja for the first time in a while and got turned into a monkey while jetpacking in space. Admitted it was an ided pr and everything.

Bolts of change are boring as fuck. Any one tap like that has no place except in the hands of literal wizards. They're exclusively used to speedrun extended when crew get them.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640558

To that I say someone should make a nerfed polymorph bolt that works more like the dnd version. So basically a forced wizard shape shift. It keeps your mob and your gear and transforms you into something else. But only for 30 seconds or so, as you transform back perfectly fine.

Who cares how op or weak you make your foe if it only lasts 30 seconds!
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #640741

massa wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:58 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:38 pm They got removed by a player who rolled space ninja for the first time in a while and got turned into a monkey while jetpacking in space. Admitted it was an ided pr and everything.

Bolts of change are boring as fuck. Any one tap like that has no place except in the hands of literal wizards. They're exclusively used to speedrun extended when crew get them.
yeah we need to systematically stamp out all fun from the game because the game can't keep up
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #640781

cacogen wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:35 am
massa wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:58 pm

yeah we need to systematically stamp out all fun from the game because the game can't keep up
One taps that completely delete a player's base species, makes them drop all their shit and completely halts everything is not fun for anyone besides the idiot with the one tap. No skill, no fun, no creativity. It's just used to speedrun extended (as I said) or spawn benos or whatever (which is good to me), so the user can bitch in ooc about how great they are for one clicking every antagonist, then complaining about no antags to click on once
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640837

Overpowered shit should stay around but it should also be limited to high-threat antags like wizard, not bored xenobiologists
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo