Crowd Control in a post-stunbaton world

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Crowd Control in a post-stunbaton world

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641259

1. Armory now gets Machine Disablers. They require to be dual-wield, takes up a backpack slot and gives duffel bag slowdown. In exchange for this, you can shoot a rapid fire volley of disabler shots like a turret. 300 Shots in total before it has to be put in a recharger. Runs out of energy instantly via EMP. It's very obvious if a sec officer has one.

2. All round start officers get krav maga. Warden's is now innate and stronger. They're the sensei

3. Thats enough buffs we have a lot of underused stuff as is. (Barrier grenades, tear-gas grenades, pepper spray) I just think the machine gun disabler will definitely be useful crowd control in dealing with greytiders or revs without a baton.
► Show Spoiler
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Re: Crowd Control in a post-stunbaton world

Post by Annihilite111 » #641392

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 am 1. Armory now gets Machine Disablers. They require to be dual-wield, takes up a backpack slot and gives duffel bag slowdown. In exchange for this, you can shoot a rapid fire volley of disabler shots like a turret. 300 Shots in total before it has to be put in a recharger. Runs out of energy instantly via EMP. It's very obvious if a sec officer has one.

2. All round start officers get krav maga. Warden's is now innate and stronger. They're the sensei

3. Thats enough buffs we have a lot of underused stuff as is. (Barrier grenades, tear-gas grenades, pepper spray) I just think the machine gun disabler will definitely be useful crowd control in dealing with greytiders or revs without a baton.
I can't wait to see the borg-dragged security war chariots we're gonna get if this ever gets PRd. Imagine the horror of a strafing borg dragging a seccie on a scooter with the backpack gatling gun.
On a side note: turrets need a buff atm. The AI sat is a joke to invade when you can just cheese the turret AIs and their targeting is slow as balls. Put a new, buffed turret in the brig and call it a day.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #641402

flash bang
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #641498

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 am 1. Armory now gets Machine Disablers. They require to be dual-wield, takes up a backpack slot and gives duffel bag slowdown. In exchange for this, you can shoot a rapid fire volley of disabler shots like a turret. 300 Shots in total before it has to be put in a recharger. Runs out of energy instantly via EMP. It's very obvious if a sec officer has one.
Automatic disablers would be friggin' RAD.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
enginseer-42
Byond Username: Enginseer-42

Post by enginseer-42 » #641500

Couldn't you just dual wield disablers? Obviously the ammo would still be an issue but for rate of fire you can easily cover a hall in disabler shots.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #641558

cacogen wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:46 pmflash bang
+ tear gas and riot armour giving you immunity to shoving
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #641640

Why are we talking about removing stun batons when no one plays security as it is?

If you seriously want to remove them, you should be required to play 10 consecutive security shifts on Sybil before you say they should be removed.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641643

It's not fun having all these unique damage systems and being one tapped. Sec should get buffed but it shouldn't be a one tap win. Even disabler auto aim would be better. You could at least creatively block that.
► Show Spoiler