Goodbye Funny Hand stuns

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Goodbye Funny Hand stuns

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641645

We all don't like stuns. But antags need a way to win over against the average crew member. Here's my solution.

Cultist: Blood Lasso.

They now throw 4 tile long lassos of blood that leave blood trails and allow them to drag their targets to their narsian goal. If your caught in one, you will forcibly follow the cultist but can otherwise scream shout and attack. You don't have the ability to mess with clothes or pull things out of your bag/pocket Just imagine a bit longer version of current sec officer pull arrests. You can lie down to make them take longer to pull you. Or you can stand up and get close, try to attack them and make whatever destination they're trying to take you that much faster. Combine with emp spell for a good headset preventing yell.

Heretic: Hand sealent. Heretics of each brand now seal your hand in a block of something with their funny hand. Flesh, ash, rust, ice. You can't hold any weapon but you can still run away and hit them with your sealed fists. For reduced damage and some sort of blowback depending on how late game and upgraded the heretic is. (Like flesh poisoning you, ash burning you, rust stabbing you, void numbing and stamina critting your limbs.)

The antag may have gotten the jump on you. But you still have a fighting chance! Don't give up!
► Show Spoiler
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Re: Goodbye Funny Hand stuns

Post by Kel » #641651

i take it you just hate bloodcult. you're proposing to delete their only way to stealthily get converts early game with a projectile that essentially... aggro grabs people. they can still scream, they can still fight back, you're only controlling their movement, AND you can miss. if this is meant to get rid of the combat utility of the stunhand, all you've done is make it exclusively a combat utility. now it's just gonna be cultists lassoing people so that its physically impossible to escape and then engage in melee - which is what they are already overwhelmingly designed to do. not only this, comboing this with emp is prone to backfiring wildly, to say the least. suddenly you must be incredibly privy to your own positioning when trying to kidnap someone otherwise you might fuck the doors, firelocks, or alert the AI by frying a camera. this just reminds me back in the day when OG clock cult's base tools for conversion were so bad people just relied on fishing for willing converts (book club in arrivals) or just used generic methods such as stealing batons. although i think in this case they'll spam the fuck out of bolas instead since they're basically the same thing as this idea but almost superior in all ways.

and before you think im some sort of blood cult shill
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641652

so your saying funny hand is a necessary evil...

We will never be free from stun combat
► Show Spoiler
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #641654

i mean if the lasso applied a mute on impact (and nar'speech gibbering for a bit afterward) it might be workable. it'll still probably massively increase the number of cults getting discovered 5 minutes into the round and getting obliterated, but at least you could say the ability is theoretically functional.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641655

I've been playing Fulp recently, and they have no stunhand against mindshielded people. Instead it causes bleed and brute damage.

Cult wins a lot less I think as a result. Necessary evil I'd say.
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #641672

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:36 am so your saying funny hand is a necessary evil...
/thread
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<