Make Progtraitor respond to round state

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Make Progtraitor respond to round state

Post by Pandarsenic » #641724

• Scale Threat cost of antag rolls inversely with living, connected security personnel (and possibly living, connected antagonists still in the round) to prevent antagonist flooding
  • Scale cost of Extra Loud traitor items intended to cause or facilitate mass-murder (romerol, maybe elite modsuits, dual e-sword, etc.) with crew on manifest.
  • Make all (or most) traitor items available always, but make the ones that are currently rep-locked start unrealistically expensive and get cheaper as your rep increases (to a limit, naturally) instead of being available iff you pass a reputation count
  • Weight Assassination objective generation to favor targets from the departments with the most people.
  • Make Assassinations give more TC and Rep based on how many living, connected crew members there are, since more crew = more risk of being caught, more risk of vigilantism, etc.
Etc.
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Make Dynamic actually respond to stuff, uh, dynamically

Post by Mothblocks » #643873

1. Number of dead people influence chance of heavy rolls, but it used to be more complicated and it made the system an unpredictable mess and it was too complicated for anyone, including me, to balance around. Read my response in the thread you linked
2. Not a dynamic change
3. Not a dynamic change
4. Not a dynamic change
5. Not a dynamic change

Perhaps your thread title could be improved 🤷‍♀️
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Make Dynamic actually respond to stuff, uh, dynamically

Post by Pandarsenic » #643874

Mothblocks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:21 pm Perhaps your thread title could be improved 🤷‍♀️
Fixt, but

while I'm thinking about it

what if forced-Traitor from inability of Heavy ruleset to roll had a chance to fail based on something like % of living crew who are antagonists, or how many antagonists there are as a multiple of Enemies (which I think is just people with a Sec job datum, but may also be people with a Head job datum? I don't remember) 🤔 So once you have 3x or 5x as many living traitors as sec members, or whatever, it stops injecting more traitors with 100% certainty?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Make Progtraitor respond to round state

Post by Mothblocks » #643882

It used to but it caused the exact problems I was talking about where it made the system significantly more complex and confusing and didn't match the pace of the round very well when antagonists just weren't doing very much, which happened far far more often. That's why it was made guaranteed in the first place. I think tuning prog traitor has merit to it tho.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<