Deeprock Galactic Station Rig Ruin

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Deeprock Galactic Station Rig Ruin

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #642067

Seemed positively recieved over discord (enclosed), the Station Rig as a tribute to Deep Rock Galactic would be a sub-orbital mining base operated by dwarves. They technically work for Centcomm, but mine minerals to earn the mining points wages for their own self sufficiency.
► Show Spoiler
Their job when not becoming copiously drunk is to use a drop-pod with a two way teleportation rift inside it to scale down to Lavaland and relieve it of its mineral plunder, though they are perfectly fine to stay in orbit, they are contractually obligated not to wander beyond the limits of lavaland and their home Z level or they will be returned back to their original teleporter startpoint via bluespace tether.

The Roles (Employees)
All dwarves are mutually hardened alcoholics, but the perk distribution is applied different between classes, there are four classes for four dwarves and they will have to work mostly together to reach their goals. Its up to debate whether they're genetically morphed midgets or their own race, like lavadwarves but im not going to particularly say one or the other.

Scout - Has telemetry technology, like the GPS and spare flares & marker beacons, fleet footed.

Gunner - Uses PKA's (dwarf thumbs are too small?) as armored security against monster threats.

Driller - Most mining experience of the four, has a hard-hat, drill-bit, extra capacity mining satchel and dungerees.

Engineer - Comes with a compliment of toolbelt, & insulated gloves
The rewards & possible loot
  • A retooled Mining Vendor retitled "Promotion Vendor", that dispenses:
- Forge kits (protolathe, RnD computer, disassembler, circuit imprinter)
- Pickaxe Customization (headless pickaxe handles, and a design disk to replace them using autolathe custom mats)
- Beerglasses of Manly Dwarf (to keep them going)
- Drones: Resprited BOSCO mining drones
- Equipment: A twohanded rotary-barrel dwarf-improved PKA gun with high rate of fire and half mod-capacity.

And of course the dwarf bodies themselves to swap brains with and dibs for a free spacebase if you turf the midgets out.
I don't want to kick Free golems in the shins, they're very dear to creative freedom but it feels like if there was the option of a choice for golems griefing versus four personable dwarves, i think the latter could win a arguement over having the same gameplay with less station destruction.

Spoiler:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Deeprock Galactic Station Rig Ruin

Post by datorangebottle » #642133

would be unfortunately unplayable if gunner was the only one allowed to use weapons, because relying on another ghost role to make the whole thing doable in the first place would make encountering a dwarf extremely rare.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Deeprock Galactic Station Rig Ruin

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #642159

datorangebottle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:23 pm would be unfortunately unplayable if gunner was the only one allowed to use weapons, because relying on another ghost role to make the whole thing doable in the first place would make encountering a dwarf extremely rare.
Resonators are perfectly fine, to not be needlessly cruel to dwarven self-preservation if custom pickaxes don't hack it. I also wouldn't think of any sort of thumb restriction because the description of what a dwarf actually is, is open ended in the OP.

You're not here to fend of glyphids, you're here to mine, and i think its dissasociative to try and imagine a dwarven gunner doing anything with their job using looted guns from elsewhere of bullet or laser caliber that doesn't address the work directives and enviroment. Also the mining rewards vendor if you want to equip your dwarves with usual mining staples still dispenses kinetic crushers, PKA's etc to help, and the gunner with or without a thumb restriction is guranteed a operational PKA from the start.

Spoiler: