Example executions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Example executions

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644528

A somewhat well known mechanic in the game, is that you can execute someone on quite a long delay by using a gun on them point blank by targeting there mouths.

What if you could do that with other items too? With different effects just how different items have different suicide effects?

Antagonist weapons like eswords, cult blades, heretic blades, arm blades, and other very high damage weapons would be good candidates without having to have any fear of upsetting balance, but you could also implement it to more accessible weapons, like fireaxes, or maybe the captain's saber (this would be pretty thematic)

Also, I had a small idea on how we could rework gun executions to make em a little cooler. Currently, I'm pretty sure they just do 5X normal its normal damage to the targets head, which normally leads to an instant kill. I think thematically, it would make more sense to do 2X damage to the targets head, and then 5X its lethal damage to the target's brain in organ damage. This would also clear up some weirdness with executing headless carbons and the like. I'm not sure if you can execute simplemobs, but if you can we can just keep it as a flat X5 multiplier to the damage.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Re: Example executions

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708760

personally I think an execution with a melee weapon should behead them, imagine a tot being brought into trial, and once the dust settles, SLICE and bam, head rolling
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: Example executions

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #709082

I wish we had a gallows where you could either hang someone and it'd kill them instantly (like the guillotine) or you could have it so it slowly strangles them
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit