ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by Miauw » #123329

Bottom post of the previous page:

when admins hit the deathsquad button, make a popup with "kill everybody now to save time and effort"
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123339

special exosuit that allows the wearer to handle supermatter safely (untill it explodes anyway)
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #123346

tuypo1 wrote:special exosuit that allows the wearer to handle supermatter safely (untill it explodes anyway)
Eh, give that to the CE's hardsuit.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123348

Add a universal crew records console to the Library. It would need Librarian access to be used, and allow the Librarian access to the security and medical databases.

The Librarian would be tasked with maintaining these records. In addition, there would be a new database, one that stays consistent through rounds like the Book console. This new database would be "Employee Records". It would function as a sort of combination publicly maintained notes/lore database/salt hub. Anyone can read them, but only librarians can modify them. It would have spaces for notable skills, personality, mannerisms, appearance, tickets, history, ect.

When a maxcap explodes, the detective might go down to the library and ask the librarian to go into the records and print out the records of anyone whose record talks about them being bomb experts, for instance! Watch out though, a rogue librarian, or someone who killed the librarian for their ID, may have modified the records!
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #123352

tuypo1 wrote:special exosuit that allows the wearer to handle supermatter safely (untill it explodes anyway)
It's been a while since I checked if it still works but I loaded one into a ripley once with no issues whatsoever.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #123353

That's... actually not a bad idea. High-level R&D (Plasma and Engineering) exosuit and helmet, with significant (3?) slowdown, but 100% radiation and heat resistance. Now you too can drag a supermatter shard around, being outsped by someone freezing and on Walk mode.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #123414

TheNightingale wrote:
That's... actually not a bad idea. High-level R&D (Plasma and Engineering) exosuit and helmet, with significant (3?) slowdown, but 100% radiation and heat resistance. Now you too can drag a supermatter shard around, being outsped by someone freezing and on Walk mode.
Could also be an upgrade to the RD's suit? Either way, the CE suit is already rad and fireproof (must have jumpsuit as well); and Engineers are the ones who can order the supermatter, so CE fits best here. The only change would be that the CE's suit or special suit for handling the SM would not be dust()ed by the SM if they touch it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #123438

inb4 gunhog PRs this and somebody links to this thread saying "this was literally from the shitty suggestions thread"
also it is a really shitty idea
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123552

have the supermatter come in an unlocked crate.
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #123582

Better yet, just have an invisible supermatter shard spawn at round-start on a completely random tile in the station Z-level.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #123595

You know what? Just put the SM shard crate in Engineering Secure Storage, and modify the singularity field a little to support the shard as well. The crate is CE access only, and he already has a suit which protects him from the shard so long as he does not physically bump() into it. Regular engineers can deal with it too, but not safely.
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123635

Gun Hog wrote:You know what? Just put the SM shard crate in Engineering Secure Storage, and modify the singularity field a little to support the shard as well. The crate is CE access only, and he already has a suit which protects him from the shard so long as he does not physically bump() into it. Regular engineers can deal with it too, but not safely.
What do you mean modify the singulo field for the SM Shard? Like... make it hold an atmosphere and add pipes to the singulo chamber?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #123653

DaemonBomb wrote: What do you mean modify the singulo field for the SM Shard? Like... make it hold an atmosphere and add pipes to the singulo chamber?
After reading the guide from Bay's website (We seem to be lacking a wiki entry), I retract my earlier statement. Since the SM engine needs a coolant system and maintained emitter, it cannot be easily merged with the singularity setup. You obviously cannot have both without something !!FUN!! being the result.

Oh, well. The idea is in this thread for a good reason :)
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #123656

the sing contaiment is already SM friendly, you just have to use the anti breach projectors instead of field gens

EDIT: putting an SM crate right next to a bunch of emitters is a stoopid idea though
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #123699

Trying to suggest a monkey mode rework on my phone is an awful idea.
What about something other than swarm, spread the fever, and such. Maybe they're genetic experiments. Think system shock 2. Psychic monkeys trying to create more of their own and take over the station. Mutant monkey powers like fireballs, all the genetics powers(individually, and hulk would just look like a gorilla). Conversion would need to be harder. Just being bitten would be op with all the powers. Lotta metas here.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #123703

2% chance for a multiverse sword / OR slaughter demon bottle to spawn somewhere in maintenance.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #123726

Wizards should be able to get guardian spirits
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123728

Spoiler:
NSFW:
Make the SM crates impossible to break open
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #123731

The unloved rock wrote:Wizards should be able to get guardian spirits
wrong thread
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #123735

PKPenguin321 wrote:
wrong thread
When I first saw them I honestly thought they should be more of a wizard thing than a traitor thing.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #123767

Gun Hog wrote:2% chance for a multiverse sword / OR slaughter demon bottle to spawn somewhere in maintenance.

I think it's either Dreamstation or BirdBoat Station that has a 1% chance for a slaughter demon vial to spawn in abandoned medbay in maint.

Speaking of interesting shit in maps, Meta has I think a 1 or 2% chance every round for a Xeno egg to spawn in xenobiology, so that's fucking awesome.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #123769

Wheelchairs so I can rp a crippled sec officer
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #123774

PKPenguin321 wrote:
wrong thread
Its shit because the only one that would be worth a wizard point thing would be maybe the healing one and 'Im pretty sure you cant have more than one.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #124051

A robotic counterpart of slaughter demons; volt demons!
They consume simple robots, mechanical parts, silicons, and power to sustain themselves.
They can "voltcrawl" through silicons (gibbing the silicon), power wires, and any machinery.
They can eat any piece of machinery by dragging it while they voltcrawl. This includes the singularity and tremendously buffs the volt demon.
EMPs fuck them up.
To create them, there is a complex summoning ritual. A singularity must be set up in cargo and break containment. Once it is loose, the singularity is deleted and a volt demon is spawned where it used to be.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #124069

Give a random chance of other items to appear in cap's trophy case.
Like Singularity Hammer
Energy Cutlass
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #124125

Do some shitty gimmick in a tator round where all of them have the hijack shuttle objective or something.
DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #124149

Revolution Drone.
Spawn one drone with a commissar cap, a megaphone and free drone posters. Its laws get replaced with
"1. You are the glorious leader of the drones revolution"
"2. Your mission is to declare the democratic drones republic of [station name]"
"3. You must convert as many other drones to your cause as possible"
"4. You must deal with the filthy bourgeoisie that tries to enslave the dronish proletariat"

The leader drone can convert other drones by using an item called "Quotations from Chairman Drone [Drone number of leader]". Converted drones change their colour to red and get a cap with a red star on it.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #124152

Petting Ian more than 5 times in 30 seconds should make his neck longer. With no upper bound.
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #124158

Xhuis wrote:A robotic counterpart of slaughter demons; volt demons!
They consume simple robots, mechanical parts, silicons, and power to sustain themselves.
They can "voltcrawl" through silicons (gibbing the silicon), power wires, and any machinery.
They can eat any piece of machinery by dragging it while they voltcrawl. This includes the singularity and tremendously buffs the volt demon.
EMPs fuck them up.
To create them, there is a complex summoning ritual. A singularity must be set up in cargo and break containment. Once it is loose, the singularity is deleted and a volt demon is spawned where it used to be.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124593

If I wasent leaving for the city in a few hours I would pop that film on right now I have the dvd here somewhere
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #124717

Plump Helmet Men as a new playable race.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #124719

Dwarf People have an addiction to Plump Helmets and Manly Dorf. If they do not get either of the two within a certain time period their character begins to attack others uncontrollably until death or until forcefed one of the two.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #124725

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Dwarf People have an addiction to Plump Helmets and Manly Dorf. If they do not get either of the two within a certain time period their character begins to attack others uncontrollably until death or until forcefed one of the two.
100% Magni Bronzebeard approved!
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124740

Screemonster wrote:Petting Ian more than 5 times in 30 seconds should make his neck longer. With no upper bound.
Lesser Dog has breached the hull!

Lesser Dog has reached a different Z-level!
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #124864

people are arguing about merging medbay and merging robotics with science and merging this and that and everything in between
so i say we just merge every department and have it all in one big department, we can call it Pangaea
finally, medical doctors can execute criminals, janitors can do chemistry, librarians can raise the dead, assistants can be every head role at once
Pangaeastation for map rotation 2555

pangeastation-map rotation-rap sensation
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #124875

Pangeans shall wear grey and be called assistants. The only non-assistant role left is the clown.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #124884

golden gun gamemode except with clown mask y/y
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #124919

Honestly everyone being a captain could be a fun admin button.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #124935

Add an advanced advanced energy gun. It has three modes: autorifle, pulse, and ion.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #125127

Erbbu wrote:Honestly everyone being a captain could be a fun admin button.
there is already an admin button that removes access restrictions from all airlocks.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #125192

What if it was like the highlander button though where it makes everyone wear the roundstart captain getup, complete with E-gun in the backpack
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #125367

So Laser Highlander.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #125484

E.X.P.E.R.I-MENTOR rework to be dedicated to armor technology rather than simply being a DA that kills you.
How it works:
Insert any item of /obj/item/clothing/suit/armor or /obj/item/clothing/suit/space/hardsuit/ to experiment on it! The E.X.P.E.R.I-MENTOR can be used to enhance the traits of an armor or give it special properties/protections, based on the Reaction Type for that armor. The reaction type is normally the same for each item type. If the "Poke" mode is what is selected for the Sec officer vest, then "Poke" will work on each vest inserted thereafter (but not a different item like the HoS coat), unless the scanning system malfunction event happens, which changes the reaction type. Some items have a "critical" success chance on an experiment, and here that will grant additional bonuses based on the reaction type.

The current mechanics also apply - the E.X.P.E.R.I-MENTOR will still do its "kill you" malfunctions, which decrease in chance with upgrades. You are risking the destruction of your armor whenever you experiment with it without upgrades. Note that a properly matched reaction may DECREASE an armor value rather than increase it, requiring further experimentation to correct. This is the risk you take to have the best stuff! The scanner malfunction chance decreases with the other malfunctions, so you have to take some risks if you want a chance at increasing multiple damage types on your armor! (or just build another E.X.P.E.R.I-MENTOR...)

Modifiers based on reaction type:
- Poke: +- 10 resistance to melee and bullet, up to 80. Crit: Grants riot shield ability.
- Irradiate: +- 15 RAD protection, up to 100. Crit: Instantly sets to 100 RAD protection.
- Gas: +- 25 BIO protection, up to 100. Crit: Grants acid immunity.
- Burn: +- Modifies heat protection. Crit: Grants heat and pressure immunity for its covered areas.
- Freeze: +- Modifies cold protection value. Crit: Grants spaceworthyness, including pressure damage.
- Destroy: +- 10 laser and energy proection. Crit: Grants ablative reflection ability. (HIGHEST RISK OF ITEM DESTRUCTION!!)

Relics have their uses, as well! If a kind assistant brings you one, you may attach one type (and ONLY one type) to the armor item in order to grant it special abilities! The relic's effect must have already been discovered.

Relic Special Effects:
- Teleporter relic: Grants the Reactive Teleporter function to armor. -10 to all armor stats.
- Smoke relic: Release a smokescreen to hide or blind enemies to cover your escape.
- Corgi Cannon relic: -1 to armor slowdown (this makes you faster)
- Cleaner relic: Footwear only. Use to turn shoes into no-slips.
- Flashbang relic: Grant full flashbang/welding protection to any non-hardsuit helmet.
- Pet Spray relic: Omnizine injector. Injects 5u of omnizine when the user is hurt. Cannot inject again until previous injection is metabolized.
- Rapid Duplicator relic: Spawn holographic decoys of yourself on hit, slightly shifting your own position. Each one has a color variation to tell them apart from the original.
- Explosion relic: Grants +50 to bomb protection and actions as ear protection if a head item. Can have up to two of these.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125572

gun hog what the fuck why do you always post your genuine ideas here you should know by now that this is the shitty ideas thread not the "post your extremely in-depth idea here and then code it" thread
Spoiler:
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125642

but that is a shitty idea
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125652

tuypo1 wrote:but that is a shitty idea
yes but look at the amount of detail
you can tell something's going on here
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #125696

I am not actually going to do it, lol. I have my Ether ideas well, and I am never coding that either. I cannot help but think out my ideas a little.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125706

PKPenguin321 wrote:
tuypo1 wrote:but that is a shitty idea
yes but look at the amount of detail
you can tell something's going on here
well sure but detailed does not mean good.
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #125820

Malf AIs should be able to detonate drones as a power.

Poison glasses, look like regular drinking glasses but do not show hazardous chemicals when examined.

Explosive suicide monkeys in traitor uplinks.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125978

i like the monkey one auctualy
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #126308

any sort of shock-based stun weapon(tasers, stun batons/prods, etc), should have a very very low chance of causing a heart attack like emagged defibs. Like. less than a tenth of a percent.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med