ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by ThanatosRa » #126308

Bottom post of the previous page:

any sort of shock-based stun weapon(tasers, stun batons/prods, etc), should have a very very low chance of causing a heart attack like emagged defibs. Like. less than a tenth of a percent.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126435

rearange the ais laws to put protect your own existince as law one.
BillWilson
Byond Username: TheEpicPissUmaru

Post by BillWilson » #126456

Screwdrive an e-sword and put a crayon or pen in it and the color should change to correspond.

Rainbow E-sword for the clown crayon.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126609

You can already do rainbow with a multitool, but i wish you could toggle between the other colors with one as well
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #126760

okay, so with defibs you can make a back-slot item that makes a thing appear in your hands to use.
Let's make some motherfuckin cannons.

For science:
Spoiler:
For ops:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #126833

Give Bananium airlocks to the theater backstage!
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #126841

Void Slayer wrote:Malf AIs should be able to detonate drones as a power.

Poison glasses, look like regular drinking glasses but do not show hazardous chemicals when examined.

Explosive suicide monkeys in traitor uplinks.
all of these are good ideas
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #127337

Vampire genetic power. Suck someone's blood for nutriment and heals. Greatly increased vulnerability to heat and fire.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127343

that kinda sounds like a feature you'd find on goon
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #127393

I mean, I was working on vampires...
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127458

Add glue so we can for whatever legitimate purpose stick small objects like paper saying 'kick me' to people only visible facing north on the sprite and can be read by inspecting the person at close range, and stick small objects to surfaces like walls and floors until removed by hands with a small timer or using a crowbar(?) or a wirecutter (?)

Alternatively, with syndie superglue (find in maint or ask science to make some regular superglue i guess) you can stick buckets tight over people's heads to blind them and stick them to a object they are forced to drag for a little while (/or are stuck to a object indefinitely like hands free cuffs until you resist out of it, obviously if you are cuffed resist out of those first)

Make impromptu spiderman web shooter gloves by attaching super glue, wrapping paper and gloves (of your choice :igloves: ) onto a table recipie and then run around shooting glue at people making them stick to the closest surface. Particulary if you shoot the legs they'll trip for a small amount of time (4 seconds or so) and if you shoot for the arms with your gloves activated it'll disable that active hand for 5 seconds also making them drop thier weapon. The short times are there so its not a superpowered but convenient weapon in 1v1.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #127695

The AEGIS suit!

It projects a 100HP forcefield bubble when activated, slowly regenerating from an internal power cell when not in combat. All projectiles and melee attacks do full damage, whereas tasers deal 20 and disablers deal half the damage. EMPs can disable the shield entirely, stunning the wearer.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127720

Gun Hog wrote:The AEGIS suit!

It projects a 100HP forcefield bubble when activated, slowly regenerating from an internal power cell when not in combat. All projectiles and melee attacks do full damage, whereas tasers deal 20 and disablers deal half the damage. EMPs can disable the shield entirely, stunning the wearer.
kinda sounds like the shield things in borderlands
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #127747

stop making valid and good suggestions in the shitty suggestions thread
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #127814

Clowns play the sad trombone sound upon death.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #127819

Xhuis wrote:
jaxy15 wrote:Clowns play the sad trombone sound upon death.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127873

newfren wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
jaxy15 wrote:Clowns play the sad trombone sound upon death.
Nobody knows anything is a bad idea until it leaves thier head and is said or put into action :truestory:

Talking of stories, i would totally think being able to place pictures in books and a little UI for making comprehensible books with comprehensible click based page turning rather than scrolling would really enhance librarian roles and make reading fun.

>Insert endless lewd images and crayon drawn illustrations of WGW in forbidden books as well as actually useful tutorial books with images ripped *borrowed off the wiki, including small pictures of sample crimes for lawbook reference.

> Additional shitty suggestion, people with eye problems or blindness can't read without glasses to correct eyesight.

Spoiler:
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #127889

EMP should make the field malfunction so you cant turn it off or pick up or interact with anything outside yourself until the field is knocked down.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #127895

splashing space lube on someone makes them temporarily ungrabbable and able to slip out of cuffs faster. if you push them down they go skidding for miles.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127897

Super Aggro Crag wrote:splashing space lube on someone makes them temporarily ungrabbable and able to slip out of cuffs faster. if you push them down they go skidding for miles.
Adding to this, the owl should have a penguin nemesis with a lubed up suit, as a accomplice or atleast co-worker to 'the griffon'

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128011

Super Aggro Crag wrote:splashing space lube on someone makes them temporarily ungrabbable and able to slip out of cuffs faster. if you push them down they go skidding for miles.
i would actually like this, gives space lube a use beyond being a stronger slip
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #128017

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Id be behind that, but also have it give the person a chance to fall over if they run, so they must walk everywhere carefully. People passing through on helpful intent also have a chance to slip.

You just become a massive moving obstacle until i wears off at this point. :honkman:

EDIT: > New idea. Wrapping paper mummies, why put people in a locker when you can put scared living and presumably screaming innocent people who are blinded by the paper and suffocating in it, dead bodies just wrapped in paper straight to Medbay or morgue with a little note via the hand labeller saying who it is and why they are currently wrapped up like this. Said people need to have no obstructive objects on like backpacks, hats or masks but belts and pockets are fine.

> you can speed cut yourself out of a paper mummy depending on whether you get out of your handties on time using wirecutters.

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #128086

PKPenguin321 wrote:
i once suggested seriously putting space lube on doors makes them quieter but coders said no, space lube only exists as a weapon
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #128202

Silly really. Space Lube ought to have some practical use. Mechs, for instance, I bet they'd be better with a bit of lube around the joints.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #128219

wrong thread
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128220

I feel like we get such mixed messages about the codebase. On one hand it is open source with volunteer coders, but then you hear all these stories about how an idea was rejected because "it does not fit with their vision for the project"
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128223

Clearly we need whoopee cushions.

They can be attached to chairs, stools and beds and only show up on examine, plus a right-click item to remove it from said object if standing next to it.
Buckling in, or moving on the same tile (for stools) triggers them.

They can also be filled with reagents, which they release in a 1x1 cloud upon activation.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #128243

Cheimon wrote:Silly really. Space Lube ought to have some practical use. Mechs, for instance, I bet they'd be better with a bit of lube around the joints.
yes i also suggested lubing borgs back when borgs were super slow so they'd walk a little faster
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #128253

It'll get a practical use when ERP is unbanned
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #128307

Remove perma and defer to the gulag. Death or Exile, no middle-ground!
Mime: Depresso
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #128323

FantasticFwoosh wrote: EDIT: > New idea. Wrapping paper mummies, why put people in a locker when you can put scared living and presumably screaming innocent people who are blinded by the paper and suffocating in it, dead bodies just wrapped in paper straight to Medbay or morgue with a little note via the hand labeller saying who it is and why they are currently wrapped up like this. Said people need to have no obstructive objects on like backpacks, hats or masks but belts and pockets are fine.

> you can speed cut yourself out of a paper mummy depending on whether you get out of your handties on time using wirecutters.
You can already wrap people in wrapping paper
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #128448

A Super-Voice genetic power/disability that makes your words cause damage like small explosions. Finally, you can outright kill someone by calling them names!
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128453

EndgamerAzari wrote:A Super-Voice genetic power/disability that makes your words cause damage like small explosions. Finally, you can outright kill someone by calling them names!
It's like laser eye vision but for roleplayers
The balance between RP and powergaming has finally been found
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #129415

Add a spirit board to box and meta. considering its hard enough to get only one ghost to talk at a time and that you need 2 people (who could be messing with the board) Its hard enough to get it to work.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #129695

A gun that can be set to zap the target to a teleport beacon.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129791

1g88a wrote:A gun that can be set to zap the target to a teleport beacon.
i think this already exists in the code/was planned at one point but got closed
Spoiler:
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #129905

PKPenguin321 wrote:
1g88a wrote:A gun that can be set to zap the target to a teleport beacon.
i think this already exists in the code/was planned at one point but got closed
RIP

Syndicate Bundle loadout idea: A traitor weapon that works like the backpack sprayers but sprays incendiary chemicals. Maybe include a syndie-colored fireproof hardsuit.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #130167

Backpack air horn for the clown! Looks like an oxygen tank with a huge horn on the top, above the clown's head. Makes a deafening :honk: HONK! :honk:

Example of how it would sound:
[youtube]UCHtn1XFyUg[/youtube]
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #130435

Laser Minigun! Nanotrasen's answer to the Nuke Op ballistic minigun! This hulking beast, like the ballistic one, has a huge ammo capacity in the form of a chargepack, worn on the back. For even MORE spray and pray potential, this beauty fires SCATTER lasers. Now you too can lay down a hail of laser spam! Mowing down assistants in a hallway will be a breeze!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #130445

Full-body ablative armour, to tell the guy packing the above to FUCK OFF.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #130457

Actually, an ablative helmet wouldn't be that shit.

The ablative vest isn't that useful on it's own considering most people aim for the head anyway.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #130458

Takeguru wrote:Actually, an ablative helmet wouldn't be that shit.

The ablative vest isn't that useful on it's own considering most people aim for the head anyway.
How about reactive teleport helmet instead.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #130460

Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Actually, an ablative helmet wouldn't be that shit.

How about reactive teleport helmet instead.
It just teleports your head when you're hit.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #130461

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:How about reactive teleport helmet instead.
It just teleports your head when you're hit.
Or the helmet.
Onto a random person.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #130495

That could work, actually. Most of the time it'll teleport whoever hit you to somewhere else... but if it critically malfunctions, it teleports your brain. Dead, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred spacebucks.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #130499

The Helm of Justice from Knightmare.

[youtube]jls0kCeadQs[/youtube]

Drops your vision down to one tile, but you get to listen to your "advisors" in deadchat.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #130500

we need boomerangs you can throw that return to your hand. special owl shaped ones for the clown vigilante.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #130503

Screemonster wrote:The Helm of Justice from Knightmare.

[youtube]jls0kCeadQs[/youtube]

Drops your vision down to one tile, but you get to listen to your "advisors" in deadchat.
That's actually a decent magical artifact
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #130710

The "Laughing effect" rule.

If it makes at least two people laugh (admins or ghosts, or even the players involved) then its valid.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #130713

Due to the recent controversy about cardboard boxes:

Remove them from the map and construction.
They can only be purchased by an antag, at the same price as the chameleon projector.
When deployed, the user will become invisible almost immediately after stopping movement, and the box itself will only be visible to the person imprinted with its (folded) form upon spawning.
All AI-controlled mobs, including turrets, will ignore an immobile user.

If any non-traitor mob is within view range while the box user moves, this happens, and hostile mobs will attack.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #130808

Ocelot set (A bundle box set like the pyromaniac/The Fury one I proposed earlier). Syndicate red gloves, soviet uniform, red beret, cowboy boots. Two revolvers and some ammo. Maybe have some sort of minor bonus from wearing the full set+holding a revolver in each hand, or at the very least the ability to *emote spin them.