ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #522789

Bottom post of the previous page:

Various terrible ideas:
Explosive diarrhea. Literally. If you get it, it causes you to shit out potassium and water.
Meat golems. They are basically the golem version of zombies. Also, they smell really bad, which means they generate massive quantities of miasma.
Egg people. You can make egg people by injecting strange reagent into an egg. They gib into egg splats if hit with a hard object.
Gay donuts. They are donuts that, if consumed, turn the eater into a naked man covered in rainbow paint.
Shityourpantsium. It turns the lower portion of your jumpsuit brown if ingested. If overdosed, your organs fall out of your asshole and you die instantly.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #522790

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:Various terrible ideas:
Explosive diarrhea. Literally. If you get it, it causes you to shit out potassium and water.
Meat golems. They are basically the golem version of zombies. Also, they smell really bad, which means they generate massive quantities of miasma.
Egg people. You can make egg people by injecting strange reagent into an egg. They gib into egg splats if hit with a hard object.
Gay donuts. They are donuts that, if consumed, turn the eater into a naked man covered in rainbow paint.
Shityourpantsium. It turns the lower portion of your jumpsuit brown if ingested. If overdosed, your organs fall out of your asshole and you die instantly.
Goon is a fart fetish server.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #522941

Reyn wrote:As much as that is a GLORIOUS idea, it should have a high TC cost, have a slight cooldown (So a mime can't just run around yelling E and ruin everyone's day),
Spoiler:
Holy shit, I want this even more now. Make it cost 20TC if you have to and give it a long cooldown if you must, but I need this in my space life.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #523030

yeah that's actually pretty cool
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #523283

deedubya wrote:
Reyn wrote:As much as that is a GLORIOUS idea, it should have a high TC cost, have a slight cooldown (So a mime can't just run around yelling E and ruin everyone's day),
Spoiler:
Holy shit, I want this even more now. Make it cost 20TC if you have to and give it a long cooldown if you must, but I need this in my space life.
make the length of both the card and the cooldown proportional to the length of the message
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #524252

new job: helmsman

a big ass pirate ship steering wheel is added to a semi-public area to steer the station, and if nobody calibrates it for more than 3-5 minutes, the station drifts into a hazard (meteor belt, carp swarm, etc)

emagging the steering wheel makes it possible to drive the station into the sun, causing temperatures on the entire map to steadily increase until someone steers it away
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #524504

Make it so you can saw-off laser guns to make them small items.

Make corn oil producible by chemical factory.

Allow cargo to buy emags through broad spectrum. Its like null crates!
am gud enineering
scrungo
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524537

Make it so you can saw off pulse rifles
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #524551

Critawakets wrote:Allow cargo to buy emags through broad spectrum. Its like null crates!
The null crate PR is by far the most anti-fun PR for cargo after the stock market removal.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #524816

I was kidding about the fucking hot dog stand idea! It's a shitty, unfunny suggestion, please just leave it as a meme.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #524821

MisterPerson wrote:I was kidding about the fucking hot dog stand idea! It's a shitty, unfunny suggestion, please just leave it as a meme.
I know this is all about an old windows theme, but I see no reason why we can't customize the snack cart to have a garish yellow and red canopy.
► Show Spoiler
Shad0k
Byond Username: Shad0k

Post by Shad0k » #525936

Great ideas to make the felinid race feel more unique:

-Add catnip in botany. Use it to get a huge mood buff if you're a felinid. Now, of course, this needs to be nerfed since free mood is a bit OP. I suggest a 6.5 seconds stun.
Ooohh, you can also throw it at your felinid friends or hit them with it to apply the effects! They will love you!

-Cats can be territorial. Give felinids a mood debuff for not being the only living felinid in a 15 tiles radius. To compensate, give them a huge mood buff for critting another felinid. "They were on my territory" is a valid justification for escalation.

-Cats have 9 lives. They get a verb to heal back to full health, up to 9 times. To balance felinids, set their maxhealth to 9. If they use their 9 revives, that's a total of 90 hp above crit. A small price to pay for the ability to revive right?
Also, they can't use it while dead (the body is too damaged) but they can use it in crit. And give it a cooldown, maybe one minute, we don't want revive spams lol.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #525938

Shad0k wrote: -Add catnip in botany. Use it to get a huge mood buff if you're a felinid. Now, of course, this needs to be nerfed since free mood is a bit OP. I suggest a 6.5 seconds stun.
Ooohh, you can also throw it at your felinid friends or hit them with it to apply the effects! They will love you!
wrong thread

I wanna load some into the mister and make a cat hotbox like that one time I dried a bunch of catnip in the oven and found all three cats passed out in the kitchen
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #526206

wizard spell that purges all reagents in a target then injects them with 20u of a completely random chemical 4-5 times

cob'y chemm

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #526604

nianjiilical wrote:wizard spell that purges all reagents in a target then injects them with 20u of a completely random chemical 4-5 times

cob'y chemm
That actually sounds like a fun meme spell as wiz. I like it. Unironicly.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #526708

replace the supermatter shard with a hamster in a little wheel named singulo, when singulo runs he emits radiation for the collectors

singulo must be fed his vegetables to keep him running, engineering has to have botany/chef prepare him more vegetables when they run out and his bowl can only hold so many so it has to be refilled every five minutes

if singulo goes five minutes without having vegetables he delaminates, destroying his chamber and spawning a ghost controlled lord singulo, a really big swole hamster thats incredibly radioactive, has hulk level strength, and has an objective to kill everybody

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #527075

Clown Equipment: A Sock with a tennis ball in it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #527081

I've been playing Crypt of the Necrodancer a bit recently, so Necrodancer mode. You can only move, attack or interact once per beat of whatever admin midi is going. Very easy to code, I'm sure.
NSFW:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #527186

cacogen wrote:I've been playing Crypt of the Necrodancer a bit recently, so Necrodancer mode. You can only move, attack or interact once per beat of whatever admin midi is going. Very easy to code, I'm sure.
the chaplains arrythmetic knife or whatever it's called is supposed to pretty much be this
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #527464

yeah i don't know what that thing actually does specifically but i probably stole the idea from there
NSFW:

MABUSHIISTAR
Byond Username: MABUSHIISTAR

Post by MABUSHIISTAR » #527574

How about a lone space drug dealer antagonist the security/HOP/that one detective player has to hunt down? Objective is to make a certain number of credits off of deals.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #527992

Add a chemical called "Cobbium" which inverts all chemical healing to damage and all chemical damage to healing for as long as it's in your system. And make it require orange juice to make.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #528061

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:Add a chemical called "Cobbium" which inverts all chemical healing to damage and all chemical damage to healing for as long as it's in your system. And make it require orange juice to make.
do you understand how stupidly op would atropine + convermol + lexorin be for killing people
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #528062

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:Add a chemical called "Cobbium" which inverts all chemical healing to damage and all chemical damage to healing for as long as it's in your system. And make it require orange juice to make.

do you understand how stupidly op would atropine + convermol + tier 3 oxyloss heal chem be for killing people if they take just one suffocation damage point
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #528164

Flatulent wrote:

do you understand how stupidly op would atropine + convermol + tier 3 oxyloss heal chem be for killing people if they take just one suffocation damage point
That's why it's a shitty suggestion.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #528282

Flatulent wrote:

this new tonto alt
NSFW:

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #528474

add a wizard spell, the opposite of knock, that bolts and depowers all doors in range

the magic word is D'orst Uk
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #528480

cacogen wrote:
Flatulent wrote:

this new tonto alt
who
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Post by zero the big boy » #528489

letting wizards declare war
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #528855

make mushrooms give you repetitive motion syndrome and the next motion you make (move a direction, open bag) you keep doing while under its effect.
[this space reserved]
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #528877

wesoda25 wrote:make mushrooms give you repetitive motion syndrome and the next motion you make (move a direction, open bag) you keep doing while under its effect.
That'd actually be a good virus symptom
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #529546

Felinids should be more like anime school girls than regular humans (since this is how they will be in the real world in not so far future)
Also single gender - 14.
Last edited by OFQ on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #529951

Add a Social Strand System
I lurk quite often...
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #529971

Screemonster wrote:add a wizard spell, the opposite of knock, that bolts and depowers all doors in range

the magic word is D'orst Uk
This is actually a good idea, wrong thread.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #530331

Random shower thoughts.

1. Emag & Cargo Console - remove Special Ops Crate (biggest offender is Sleepy Pen), add a Syndicate Crate that contains non-dangerous contraband such as Syndicate Cards, Syndicate Smokes, Balloon, Donksoft Pistol and so on.
2. Nerf & Reduce non-antag explosive options, while adding more options as Traitor Items (via uplink).
3. More healing options as Traitor Items (via uplink) - such as Combat Medkit and similar. Just having Syndicate Smokes is not enough.
4. Contractor Kit coming with items that help to do contracts (such as Sleepy Pen, Radio Jammer, EMP Flashlight, Chameleon Kit, Toolbox etc), instead of random junk like X-4 bag etc.
5. Remove conversion options that allow for intact conversion such as Brainwashing Surgery, Hypnoflash, Contractor Reinforcement. Nothing wrong with emagging borgs or surgery dufflebag.
6. Add 20TC conversion options for those who really want to have a brother instead of gear - a) implant that makes somebody loyal to you or b) reinforcement remote that allows a ghost to come in like contractor reinforcements atm.
7. Remove Bloodbrothers, since traitors could become BBs with the options mentioned above
8. Remove options to print ammo for Traitor Weapons (Stechkin, Syndicate Revolver) - allowing free printing of ammo makes buying ammo via uplink moot.
9. In general reduce the number of ballistic weapons non-antags have access to. But... but... DESWORD! Use batons or reduce the ranged block chance if need be.
10. Fix genetics. Permanent Hulk, Xray and so on is broken. Making these powers use activated that cause genetic damage, rads or toxins and have a cooldown would be much more reasonable.

In order to increase paranoia and tension, the crew needs to have fewer options to down others at a moment's notice.

Using another game to illustrate the point - imagine the survivors having sawn off shotguns in Dead by Daylight instead of having to rely on disengaging and others. Game would be 4 guys dunking the BBEG instead of co-operative survival horror.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #533631

Re-work most consoles into modular programs.
Rework PDAs into modular computers.
Replace instant MSGs with emails.

Add a command line interface to the network diagnostic program, along with various commands including a remote terminal to access other consoles, if you know their NID.
Commands include things like: being able to locate which room that device presently is in, know the status of the intrusion counter-measures, find out the banlist of IDs, what the program list of a device is (as well as which ones are running), the ability to kill/open a currently running program, set-up a proxy with another device, ping surrounding devices in the same room for their IDs and so on.
Allow network diagnostics to blacklist devices.
Make modular computers keep system logs on an intrinsic program, a la the computer config program, but make it so that only authorized users can access them.
Give the syndicate program repository a backdoor virus (and a program that displays all existing backdoors) and a dedicated command line program.

Practical example in action:
A clever hacker sends an email to the warden with a photo of his ass attached, which the warden obviously opens, unknowing that it contains the payload for a backdoor and silently installs in the background, which lets the hacker figure out his NID. Using the NID, he remote terminals into his PDA, pings devices and locates a console with a running instance of a security record program (which he normally couldn't run due to not having the access), the hacker then opens the program and swaps his fingerprints with someone else's. After all is said and done, he then breaks in to a secure place and steals his objective, and deliberately leaves fingerprints behind. The hacker then laughs as security arrests an innocent man because of the swapped fingerprints while the innocent man is executed on the spot because thorough investigations are for sissies.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #533636

Change the maps to reflect the changes every engineer does every shift to the supermatter to save them time.

Unban imsxz

Let people vote for gamemode type(extended, secret, dynamic).
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #533640

Anonmare wrote:words
Haha who would ever work on modular computers, that would be crazy... unless?
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #533791

Bring back catpeople, but make them look like Khajiit. Specifically, Oblivion Khajiit.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #533822

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:Bring back catpeople, but make them look like Khajiit. Specifically, Oblivion Khajiit.
I got good news and bad news.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #536070

add werewolves that turn into wolf form when they can see moonlight (use the same calculation as solars but the opposite direction) and turn back when they see the sun
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #536122

Add an "Alert" button which lasts for max 0.5/1s and makes you go on a state in which you are immune to knockdowns, table knocks, grabs, item hand drop, etc. for only that duration. Make it have some stupid cooldown like 20-30s or something.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #536127

everyone knows how gripping the permabrig experience can be. how much interaction is involved. the numerous gameplay and roleplay opportunities. why don't we make it a roundstart role? i know it's not technically a job, and would be better suited to a ghost role. but fuck it, quality control went out the window years ago and now everything is open to whatever half-assed changes people want to make, provided their PR gets enough upvotes. so why not?
NSFW:

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #536147

(yikes)
[this space reserved]
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #536151

yeah but i'm right
Last edited by cacogen on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #536170

wesoda25 wrote:(yikes)
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #536632

sentient disease symptom that turns people into catgirls

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #536879

nianjiilical wrote:sentient disease symptom that turns people into catgirls
nyanfluenza
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #536881

Screemonster wrote:
nianjiilical wrote:sentient disease symptom that turns people into catgirls
nyanfluenza
catgirls still look like Oblivion Khajiit due to my previous suggestion
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #536882

Make orange juice turn medicine into potassium and water.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #537287

add collectable cards that let you summon weak mobs as pets that you can order to fight other card mobs

if you get all five parts of the special card then you summon colossus