ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by Gun Hog » #319490

Bottom post of the previous page:

People keep suggesting that a Traitor/Malf AI get the power to stand up and walk. Even after I added the mech dom power, people still ask for this. One day I will have to code this somehow.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #319513

Gun Hog wrote:People keep suggesting that a Traitor/Malf AI get the power to stand up and walk. Even after I added the mech dom power, people still ask for this. One day I will have to code this somehow.
I was more suggesting it as a goof.

In reality I'd prefer a buyable AI shell power
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #319544

You could just make the shell a shuntable silicon borg (because mechs are slow to turn and often have ineffective weapons unless they are AOE)

Though the way i see it, its give them a inch and they'll take a mile and it might end up to devolving the AI's "shell" having hands or being used to run around and grief

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #319558

I was more suggesting an AI shell as something you can buy in the event you don't have any borgs for a round and you have the robot army objective. You kind of need one borg at minimum to even try to do that objective.

Also when I say AI shell, I'm referring to borgs with a BORIS module instead of an MMI
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #319593

>boris module
what
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #319609

DemonFiren wrote:>boris module
what
The B.O.R.I.S., or "Bluespace Optimized Remote Intelligence Synchronization", is an item that replaces the MMI in cyborg (in this case, robot) bodies to allow the AI to control them. They are called AI shells. The AI can control robots outfitted with a B.O.R.I.S. as if it were playing as the robot itself. Think of AI shells as slime people would think of their extra bodies. The difference here, is that if the AI's core is damaged or depowered, the link will be reset. (The AI does not leave its core, it is simply controlling the shells like RC toys.)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #319682

Should come with free ushanka.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #319720

DemonFiren wrote:Should come with free ushanka.
It is funny, I named it that because of these comments: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -276685584, yet I had no idea who Boris was or had seen any of his videos! It is only much later that I looked him up. I am still glad I took that name, because Boris is hilarious!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320102

Health monitor implants that announce over the medical channel whenever the implantee falls into crit, as well as stating their location plus coordinates at the moment of crit. If EMP'd, it is destroyed. Requires silver and gold, injected the same way as a chem/mindshield/tracking implant.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #320104

Anonmare wrote:Health monitor implants that announce over the medical channel whenever the implantee falls into crit, as well as stating their location plus coordinates at the moment of crit. If EMP'd, it is destroyed. Requires silver and gold, injected the same way as a chem/mindshield/tracking implant.
I believe Steelpoint wanted this for Security Officers! By the way, you can do an inferior version of this through the health thing you can get from the autolathe. There is just nothing you can use to transmit a radio message or alarm with assemblies.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320109

That might be a thought. Perhaps there could be a crating option to combine a recorder, radio (headset or SBR) and signal assembly to transmit messages. Preferably with a way to send it to the message to departmental channels
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320405

Remember where you are, anonmeme.

Anyway. Let bedsheets be worn on your head for spoopy or for turban.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #320406

DemonFiren wrote:Remember where you are, anonmeme.

Anyway. Let bedsheets be worn on your head for spoopy or for turban.
There's a sprite for bedsheet ghosts in the code already,
the /obj/item/clothing/suit/spookyghost suit (unobtainable, pray for it maybe) uses it.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #320832

Allow augmented body parts to accept surgical implants directly. Apply screwdriver to open the panel or screwdriver to remove the previous organ, slot in the matching implant/cybernetic organ, and you are done! If you have, say, an augmented head, you could pop out your eyes with a crowbar, and insert robotic ones! Something like a nutriment implant, you could just screw upon your chest and insert it!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320843

>pop out your eyes with a crowbar
you did that on purpose

the mental image alone would be worth implementing this

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320846

To be honest I thought Gunhog was talking about applying cybernetic implants directly into the augment prior to being put onto someone. Like printing off some welding shield eyes, popping a HUD into them and do two surgeries in one.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #320901

Anonmare wrote:To be honest I thought Gunhog was talking about applying cybernetic implants directly into the augment prior to being put onto someone. Like printing off some welding shield eyes, popping a HUD into them and do two surgeries in one.
Why not both? That would be fantastic, except that adding replacement organs means that code issues could happen!
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #321655

Let monkeys do sleeping carp if they knew it as a human
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #321726

Add a CQC style that damages organs. Damaged stomach makes you vomit every so often. Damaged heart causes heart attacks, damaged lungs causes fatigue, damaged eyes causes visual loss.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #321728

Only if damaging the heart is delayed long enough to tell them that they are already dead.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #321737

Anonmare wrote:Only if damaging the heart is delayed long enough to tell them that they are already dead.
They can only travel five steps before their heart explodes.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #321781

Cybernetic hearts never become damaged and are always defibbable so long as the ghost occupies the body and the external body is not damaged, however the heart will explode inside the user if shocked with a emagged defibrilator.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #321970

Make it so that if you lose your ear organ, you're uncoordinated and prone to collapsing due to the loss of balance from losing your inner ear.
Add cybernetic ears to R&D, when EMP'd they make you deaf AND disorientated but recover from non-genetic deafness faster.
Add regular cybernetic eyes to R&D that recover slightly quicker from temporary blindness and are extremely cheap and quick to fabricate, but possess a vulnerability to EMPs.

Have the limb grower machine be able to grow organic organs in addition to organic limb.
Make it so that upgrading a chem master will allow it to produce patches, pills and bottles with greater capacity. A fully upgraded chem master could produce 100u patches and 80u pills and 50u bottles.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #321976

Anonmare wrote:Make it so that if you lose your ear organ, you're uncoordinated and prone to collapsing due to the loss of balance from losing your inner ear.
Add cybernetic ears to R&D, when EMP'd they make you deaf AND disorientated but recover from non-genetic deafness faster.
Add regular cybernetic eyes to R&D that recover slightly quicker from temporary blindness and are extremely cheap and quick to fabricate, but possess a vulnerability to EMPs.

Have the limb grower machine be able to grow organic organs in addition to organic limb.
Make it so that upgrading a chem master will allow it to produce patches, pills and bottles with greater capacity. A fully upgraded chem master could produce 100u patches and 80u pills and 50u bottles.
these suggestions aren't shitty
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #322173

Armhulen wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Make it so that if you lose your ear organ, you're uncoordinated and prone to collapsing due to the loss of balance from losing your inner ear.

these suggestions aren't shitty
Yeah, someone code this, or make a thread about it, they are fun ideas!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #322369

Emagged genetics machines will lock the next living thing that uses it on Occupant:Delayed inside it and repeatedly bombard them with radiation until the being in it has ceased to be alive
Emagged cloners, that are not in the process of cloning someone, will produce horrible mutants of varying strength, durability, speed and appearance that are aggressive to all living things in the same amount of time it takes to produce a 50% complete human. Upgraded cloners will be more likely to produce the most dangerous mutants.

Remie made some body horror spirtes a long time ago that might be appropiate
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #322451

these are GOOD SUGGESTIONS
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #322462

Port /vg/ weapon packs and replace all of RnD gun schematics with them.

Only roundstart weapons and those you buy from cargo can be upgraded.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #322482

Improved cybernetic ear implant with a headset radio integrated into it. Can load one encryption key slot that must be loaded in before being implanted. Provides action button to open up radio menu to be turned on/off and re-tuned. Does not work if telecomms does not work.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #322497

use minor suggestions thread for good ideas. stop abusing this thread
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #322498

Anonmare wrote:Improved cybernetic ear implant with a headset radio integrated into it. Can load one encryption key slot that must be loaded in before being implanted. Provides action button to open up radio menu to be turned on/off and re-tuned. Does not work if telecomms does not work.
I had this idea and I wanted to code it but I didn't know how. It's actually a really good idea imo.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #322505

PKPenguin321 wrote:use minor suggestions thread for good ideas. stop abusing this thread
But PK, but how can I use the shitty idea defence if people don't like my ideas?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #322515

Give junk/unhealthy food a cholestrol reagent that is extremely slow to metabolise and resistant to purge medicines. If it reaches a certain threshold, you suffer a heart attack
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #322516

Anonmare wrote:Give junk/unhealthy food a cholestrol reagent that is extremely slow to metabolise and resistant to purge medicines. If it reaches a certain threshold, you suffer a heart attack
if you eat chips once you're obese for the rest of the round and it persists through cloning
Limey wrote:its too late.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #322541

Only if you bring back fat sprites
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #322661

Anonmare wrote:Give junk/unhealthy food a cholestrol reagent that is extremely slow to metabolise and resistant to purge medicines. If it reaches a certain threshold, you suffer a heart attack
This, if only for cholesterol syringes and grenades.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #322676

Make legs and arms swappable via surgery.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #322677

Adding monkey limbs via surgery turns you into bigfoot with hairy arms/legs etc. And during jungle fever monkey rounds, your limbs will convert into these and when you're fully transformed there's only a small window of time before you turn into a monkey fully.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #322766

Professor Hangar wrote:Make legs and arms swappable via surgery.
They are. I was a mediborg one round and I made frankensteins out of some left over corpses. I had a catperson lizard with plasmaman limbs and no tail, a podperson cat-tailed with a mixture of human and lizard limbs and a couple of other strange and horrible combinations.

The CMO was horrified.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #322771

Amateur, but i think they were more referencing it in a LITERAL way of swapping the position of your legs and arms from the same person.
  • You've never revived a lone brain entirely out of spare morgue parts and auguments or stiched a 70 year old hobo Bryce Pax's head onto the body of a recently de-monkified Miss Nanotren 2264 model with big ta'tas?

Spoiler:
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #322779

I was thinking more

[youtube]xYMaq1oZDz4[/youtube]

I'll have to see if that works.

Also stitched-together bodies should require a chemical solution and an electric shock to revive.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #322809

Professor Hangar wrote:Also stitched-together bodies should require a chemical solution and an electric shock to revive.
Strange reagent and defib for a forced revive, sort of like a plant person?

Its a overcomplicated additional step really.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #322835

I wish synthflesh patches could be used on bodies again. Synthflesh patches could be used to restore the body to a serviceable condition then you can use the reagent to bring them back to this mortal coil to suffer once more.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #322841

I heard on the grapevine that freshly implanted cybernetic hearts allow fresh defibrilations of long dead bodies. I sort of wish you could install a CDN rebooter directly INTO the cybernetic heart (or a upgraded version) to automatically try jolting the body to revive or get out of crit by hotwiring the body into action.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #324866

Let us attach a welder to an igniter assembly so it can be remotely activated. Then make it possible to attach said welder assembly to a welder tank
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #324922

Anonmare wrote:Let us attach a welder to an igniter assembly so it can be remotely activated. Then make it possible to attach said welder assembly to a welder tank
Why not just allow igniter + desired trigger to be attached to the tank? You should not need a welder, just an igniter for the spark, and something else (such as a timer) for the trigger!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #324924

Gun Hog wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Let us attach a welder to an igniter assembly so it can be remotely activated. Then make it possible to attach said welder assembly to a welder tank
Why not just allow igniter + desired trigger to be attached to the tank? You should not need a welder, just an igniter for the spark, and something else (such as a timer) for the trigger!
I was just thinking about if you wanted a consistent burn, like leaving a couple of rigged up welders out of sight in preparation for a plasma flood.

Also autolathes should be able to sync up to the research network and be able to produce non-restricted gear that's made out of metal and glass (restricted stuff will need to be manually loaded by disk like normal)
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #325327

Rip and Tear mode for Death Squads/Syndicate Ops.
Clowns start with all access and a fully loaded H.O.N.K. mech.
Traitors start next to the captain.
Spiders/Xenos/Blobs all start at the same time for a specific event and work together.
All antags spawn near each other and must work together to get dat fukken disk to blow up the station.

I could go on.
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #325328

Add the Foreigner Belt
[youtube]UyhZr5_L7cc[/youtube]
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #325434

Add an AK.
Give cargo russkis a very low chance to spawn with AKs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #327339

Fission chips

Made from microwaving a sheet of uranium and fish and chips together.