Plastic chemical tubs, Acid Based Body disposal

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Plastic chemical tubs, Acid Based Body disposal

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #646048

The Set Up
I've been watching breaking bad, and damn disposing bodies in acid is pretty badass. We already have a ton of acids in the game, so perhaps when we could utilize one of the higher grades (Fluorosulfuric Acid or Nitric) to turn some would be carcasses into organic slurry. Certainly a more fun and creative method of disposing of bodies rather than cutting off their head and putting it into a locker.

The Problem
Now, we don't really have any vats or tubs that can store chemicals in the game. The problem with those is because of the way our chemical system works people could make ludicrously powerful explosions. we could make it so chemicals don't react that would however cause some odd problems with taking a scoop out of a tub that was 50% potas and 50% water with a beaker and immediately exploding.

The Solution
Because the tubs are open air, when explosions process, the reagents are removed and the tub violently bubbles for a little bit. If the potential expulsion was powerful enough (enough to have a devastation radius), the tub is destroyed and an explosion happens at 1/4 the size. Numbers might need some work but that's the concept. A large grenade with two bluespace beakers can hold 600u so a "tub bomb" will never outperform it, let alone a proper chemical payload. Not to say that a well crafted tub bomb couldn't be used to effective results (id imagine you would want to use meth for the best results.)

The Tub
Chemical tubs can hold 1500u of chemicals, and are craftable by hand with plastic. People can be put into a chemical tub, they get the contact effect of the chem in it. Could be anything, synthflesh, spray tan, chlorine trifluoride, the chems inside slowly get removed as the person is inside the tub. Pretty simple.

Bonus Tub Mechanics
If you have an aggressive grab on someone you can dunk their head in, dealing o2 damage (similar to the swirly mechanic) and causing them to ingest the regent. You can shove people into tubs similar to how you can shove people into lockers. You can put lids on tubs to close them (potentially with a victim inside, although they can open in by resisting.) People in critical condition can crawl into tubs.

Dissolving in acid
Acid reacts the same as any other chemical in the tub by default unless certain circumstances occur. Bodyparts, organs, and items can be put in tubs, items that aren't immune to acid damage slowly remove acid from the tub and take damage. If an organic body part is destroyed by acid, it turns into an amount of organic slurry. The stronger the acid, the less is removed over time. Bodies being destroyed works similar to how bodies gib in lava. Nothing happens until to body reaches full burn damage. If the acid in the tub is Fluorosulfuric Acid or Nitric acid, the body undergoes a process where its limbs and organs are gradually melted away until the body is organless, and limbless, then the body succumbs to the acid. The body parts and organ convert an amount of acid into organic slurry when they dissolve. if the tub contains 100u of organic slurry, blood, or tomato juice, it gains a bloodstained decal until cleaned. The process stops if there isn't enough acid.

In Closing
This idea is super cool and adds another set mechanics that play off of previously established mechanics. In short, this idea is super cool and there are no counter arguments against it.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Plastic chemical tubs, Acid Based Body disposal

Post by Farquaar » #646050

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:55 am The Set Up
Now, we don't really have any vats or tubs that can store chemicals in the game.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_plumbing#Tank

I do like the idea though. It would be cool if it were combined with the existing chemical tank in some way.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Plastic chemical tubs, Acid Based Body disposal

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #646051

Farquaar wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:39 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:55 am The Set Up
Now, we don't really have any vats or tubs that can store chemicals in the game.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_plumbing#Tank

I do like the idea though. It would be cool if it were combined with the existing chemical tank in some way.
It did cross my mind, but iron is absolutely hopeless at containing acids. An iron spoon can dissolve in sour enough lemonade.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later