Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Post by Helios » #649358

Replica Pods have been around for a long time, but with cloning removed they've never gotten much of a spotlight. Fear of the coders removing it to I suspect. It does have a lot of room in terms of gameplay space, what I'm proposing would be a spin on Revolution.
Invasion of the body snatchers: At fixed point in maintenance, a special plant tray and locker would spawn. A special plant tray that automatically harvests whenever the entity that has put their blood into the replica pod dies. The locker would contain a uniform and ID card associated with a head of staff. Everything a regular head of staff would get at the start of a shift. Their objective 1 is making sure the other head of staff does not evacuate alive on the escape shuttle. Objective 2 would measure success by how many of the people on the escape shuttle at the end of the shift are replica pods vs humans. So as an example Danny Dreamerson:Made sure the Chief Engineer did not escape on the escape shuttle:Pass/Fail, and then under their name the status of every engineer. Green text for every pod person, red text for every human/cyborg
This round would basically play out two ways, green alert meta sec has shut down every antag, and red alert half the crew is dead and ghosts are making bets on how long until delta.
In Antag hunt station these guys are shot on sight. Security has nothing better to do so they will call out their location and make sure those pod people end up in perma.
In road to delta stations these are hunted down by the antags, as they have a serious chance of reviving entire departments, and winning the round without taking a single life, and because of that the blood demon/wizard/Malf AI will hunt them down.
It would be dynamic, so that implies they wouldn't be roundstart, though I'm sure scouting their spawn locations will become inevitable. As for the AI, as far as they are concerned these pod people are their stated jobs, but not human. So non-asimov AIs may end up handling them differently.