Allow protolathe boards to be made using circuit printer

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ThisIsOurLifeNow
Byond Username: DownSyndronater

Allow protolathe boards to be made using circuit printer

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #652939

The wiki says it's possible but I cannot find the option to print protolathe Circuit boards using Circuit printer. Only autolathes circuit boards can be printed.

I was hoping to build an protolathe inside lavaland mining base so I can buy advanced plasma cutter and other components for the base rather than taking the long route back to the station by first calling the shuttle , going to the cargo protolathe , depositing material and making it there , then again take the shuttle back to lavaland which wastes a lot of time .

Also should a player decide to create new areas within the station and create protolathes there rather than walking all the way back to engineering or r & d protolathe thats not possible now because of this
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: Allow protolathe boards to be made using circuit printer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652958

Protolathes being rare is intentional. There should be boards for them in secure tech storage.
The problem you are identifying is "intentional" (so much as anything can be). We kinda like, want miners to wander onto the station often.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652959

Wait scratch that I might be wrong, please hold
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652960

I was indeed correct. There is a research for protolathe construction but it appears to be unused. Wrong about the boards tho, just can't get em I think
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #652961

There is in fact a spare board in each head of staff's locker for their protolathe. Or were, the last time I went on a major tiding spree.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652962

Aren't the protolathe boards in the RD's locker or something?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #652963

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:18 pm Aren't the protolathe boards in the RD's locker or something?
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:18 pm There is in fact a spare board in each head of staff's locker for their protolathe. Or were, the last time I went on a major tiding spree.
The security protolathe is in the HoS's locker.
The cargo protolathe is in the QM's locker.
The service protolathe is in the HoP's locker.
The research protolathe is in the...
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #652965

I feel like I'd rather see them be orderable for an exceedingly high price tag.

I like the idea of being able to buy, build, or replace anything the station.

The spares exist. I like that limitation too.
Hugs
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #653316

I don't think most heads care if you ask them for a lathe board. If you can't get your specific departments lathe board. Ask for engineering or science as they have the most special things
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653321

Misdoubtful wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:31 am I feel like I'd rather see them be orderable for an exceedingly high price tag.

I like the idea of being able to buy, build, or replace anything the station.

The spares exist. I like that limitation too.
It should be possible to create boards in SOME way so that destroying both roundstart boards of one type doesn't fuck up the station permanently with no recourse. I prefer this "Order, but expensive, and locked to the appropriate head of staff" answer over printing/lathing them.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo