PAI REWORKS AND STUFF

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

PAI REWORKS AND STUFF

Post by Scones » #78980

We know pretty much everyone wants it, so let's make it happen. Please only post serious/realistic ideas and don't spitball stupid shit that we'll actually never realistically see.

2 main points:
- Syndicate PAIs with special functions (Gimped camera bug, etc.)
- Exosuit PAIs who can have their permissions changed by a pilot, ranging from the ability to reload your weapon/toggle subsystems to full(?) control

Seriously this stuff has been requested for ages, so maybe we can actually get it done this time? I just want to name myself WARPATH EXOSUIT SUPPORT COMPUTER and scream about taking external damage and how you need to reload the main gun.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: PAI REWORKS AND STUFF

Post by Stickymayhem » #78981

A module for 3d printing toys
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #78982

Maybe the ability to interface with adjacent computers if you are placed on a table? Become the medbay receptionist and open the door for folks, Help the warden by monitoring prisoners and officers through cameras. Set the SMES for the engineers, ect.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Scones

Post by Scones » #78985

Exosuit PAIs need to happen

Please someone come help us
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #78989

Sydicate Pai that turns a pda into a vent crawling mini robot.

I basically want to roleplay Soundwave.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #78990

Scones wrote:Exosuit PAIs
My rock is cock hard.

Pretty much the two things you suggested are great, mech controls are clumsy as shit (click shit, lose window focus from the game etc etc) so a pAI to help you operate would be neat as shit, but probably quite hard code wise.

And plugging shit into your pAI for enhanced functions would also be fantastic.
Shit like:
camera bug
sec/med huds
portable crew monitor
signaller

Camera bug (might?) be a bit more complex because of the upgrades and shit that you can apply to that, but I'd like to think inserting say a sechud to give the pAI sechud vision wouldn't be too hard.
Scones

Post by Scones » #78991

lumipharon wrote: Camera bug (might?) be a bit more complex because of the upgrades and shit that you can apply to that, but I'd like to think inserting say a sechud to give the pAI sechud vision wouldn't be too hard.
They already have a sec/med overlay feature
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #78993

Oh? neat.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79037

Turn the pAI doorjack into a datajack that, given time, can hack into any console excepting ID and Comms. Maybe also ID and Comms if the pAI is emagged.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #79038

DemonFiren wrote:Turn the pAI doorjack into a datajack that, given time, can hack into any console excepting ID and Comms. Maybe also ID and Comms if the pAI is emagged.
basically impossible code-wise.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79039

Aw, fucks.

So much for pAIs ever being actually useful ;-;
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #79044

Scanners. Health Scanner, Reagents Scanner, Detective Scanner. Could be used manually, by holding pAI, or remotely and on distance by pAI itself.

Self-defense electric discharge. On large cooldown, will tase only person holding pAI.

Swiss knife mode. Allowing pAi to pop out a screwdriver, wrench, crowbar and other stuff.

Fiber-optic cable. You drop pAI down next to door, or vent, and pAi then can extend its cable, moving it around, and snoop behind closer doors or ventcrawl to spy for you.

Built in Hypoinjector. You can fill it with what you want, and let pAI inject you in the time of need. Meth makes you go fast!
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #79045

Miauw wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Turn the pAI doorjack into a datajack that, given time, can hack into any console excepting ID and Comms. Maybe also ID and Comms if the pAI is emagged.
just have it call emag_act() on the object man.

Also I thought pAI Mechs was already a thing? Just like MMI Mechs.
私は完璧
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #79112

Allow proper hacking. The little part you unscrew of a door is only a small area, right? Give PAIs a wirecutter and multitool, and make it so you unscrew the door (or vendor, mule, whatever) for them and then stand next to it (or leave it next to it, I guess).

PAI accesses wires in the normal way and either hacks it fast or hacks it slow, depending on PAI skill. Either way would be a hell of a lot faster than the current version, and therefore vastly more practical. It also has more applications.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #79121

I would suggest some sort of hacking mini-game for pAIs when it comes to hacking stuff via jack, but then I realized it probably isn't possible with our current gui system.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #79122

Miauw wrote:
Are you SUUUURE? https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/3119

Also, if RR were to ever port Positronic Brains (MMI that takes ghosts), you could use that to turn ghosts into mech pilots, or transfer a pAI into one for the same effect.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #79148

I think what we really want are PAI's that can interface with the exosuit control but not actually drive or fire the weapons. So they act like a copilot you can tell to enable lights and oxygen, switch weapons for you and scream at you about how SYSTEM INTEGRITY CRITICAL! ALERT ALERT!
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #79152

Secondary weapon systems when?
I can just image something like a gargant with 50 guns all blazing away in every direction all at the same time.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #79161

I think letting a pAI tap into the camera network would be a good enough buff to make them useful.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #79185

whodaloo wrote:I think letting a pAI tap into the camera network would be a good enough buff to make them useful.
"Master, I accidentally found this dead body on cameras!"

Isn't the point of pAIs to be a talking buddy? I feel like they lack particularly useful features for the same reason service borg does.
Scones

Post by Scones » #79187

I really don't want spitballing about stupid shit like them having weapons/tools

Let's just find a coder to bully into making pAI mechs
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #79208

pls no bully ;_;
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #79217

There can be special researchable HEV like suit with slot for pai + medicine injectors and stuff like that for pai to control. May be some gun with integrated pai
for immursions . ;-;
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #79261

Scones wrote:I really don't want spitballing about stupid shit like them having weapons/tools

Let's just find a coder to bully into making pAI mechs
I'm not proposing a full set of tools, just a not-awful system for hacking doors. Hell, force someone to provide the wirecutters and multitool to the PAI and it's still far better than someone on their own.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #79281

https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/772 you could let a pAI be transferred into one of those. I would be willing to port this if I had enough support.