Blob should force all other antags to lose on win

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Blob should force all other antags to lose on win

Post by Cobby » #655161

If a blob wins, all other objectives should fail, particularly for traitors.

Previously, traitors had to face the blob to ensure they could successfully escape the station. Now, if they meet their gamer quota, they are actually rewarded for going loud WITH the blob which seems anti-thematic with the objectives as well as the design of blob (crew v blob).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Doctor Ape
Byond Username: Doctorape

Re: Blob should force all other antags to lose on win

Post by Doctor Ape » #655170

Hmm, rather than a blanket loss, wouldn't it make more sense if antags that want their members to be alive or that need items from the station to lose instead? The traitor that steals the stations blueprints might have a bigger interest in the stations survival than the traitor that wants x people dead and then wants to die a glorious death.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #655173

This also happens with Nukies, if I recall.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #655182

I think it's a better solution to just put "escape alive" back on traitors and while several other people have said they are doing this they haven't yet.
If I don't see it next week I'm just going to do it.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #655222

I like this, but sometimes I also like being able to watch the world burn.

I very much enjoyed sabotaging things during blob when die a glorious death was a thing.

Since that's not a thing anymore, I like this even more.
Hugs
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #655227

Different antags cooperating with each other (either directly or indirectly) is the best part about dynamic imo. It'd be a shame to discourage that
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #655322

Blob is not meant to cooperate with traitors. Even before dynamic traitor and blob could roll concurrently so dynamic has little to do with it.

Regardless of the dynamics of dynamic, how are you feasibly suppose to handle the blob, the antagonist specifically designed to have a crew-wide response, while the bad guys (without escape) are actively encouraged via greentext to go against the rest of the crew? I’m not asking for every antag to lose the ability to cooperate with every other antag, just the one that doesn’t make sense.

Blob otherwise needs to be rebalanced (nerfed) to assume antagonists have stake in letting it win and aren’t prone to providing the necessary manpower that would have previously been expected pre-progression traitor.
Troxonater
Byond Username: Trox McYeet

Post by Troxonater » #655476

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:35 am I think it's a better solution to just put "escape alive" back on traitors and while several other people have said they are doing this they haven't yet.
If I don't see it next week I'm just going to do it.
Agree, the fact that you don't have to guarantee yourself an escape makes greentexting with prog traitor very easy. Also give back the objective to die a glorious death once you do enough espionage and damage.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #655489

If the station gets destroyed but you escape alive and stole what you needed to steal, I don't see why you should fail.
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #655748

You dont need to escape alive
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #655765

True.

But changelings..... Blobs ain't beating that
► Show Spoiler
tabbot
Byond Username: Name20411

Post by tabbot » #657401

stuff like blobs should change the goals;

Some traitors should be tasked with "getting a sample" others should be told to cooperate against the blob and to forget their mission; not all traitor-types.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #657422

I can tell you getting shot in the back while trying to fight a blob didn't feel particularly engaging, it felt kinda cheap to be honest.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #657423

Forcibly railroading antags to fight another antag, when said antag is not balanced to take on other antags and typically loses anyway if it's late in the round, comes off as really lame. I like that I can take advantage of the situation to break in to a department, steal a thing, drag away a fallen player because they were my target, or even help tip the scales one way or another of my own accord. Some traitors would want to help the blob, some would want to help the crew, and that's interesting. Cultists, Heretics and Revs already have a vested interest in killing the blob, why force BBs and traitors onto the station's side? The Syndicate probably wouldn't care if the station ended up destroyed anyway.

If you REALLY want to, then make blobs an actual threat. They aren't and never were past the 30-45 minute mark.