Things to improve the miners experience.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ChumbleBusiness
Byond Username: ChumbleBusiness

Things to improve the miners experience.

Post by ChumbleBusiness » #657864

My first suggestion is NO DUPLICATES FROM CHEST LOOT. (This doesn't apply to the megafauna chest loot, I don't really mind if you can get duplicates from that, especially considering dragons blood which has many results, colossus crystal, etc. It'd be a shame to only get one chance at those and that's it.)

What I mean by this is, if you open a necropolis chest and get, say, book of babel, you can no longer get the book of babel from chests for the rest of the round. Not EVERY MINER, just you. So someone else can still get the book of babel, it's just that you cant since you already got it once. When a player goes through the effort to get a necropolis chest and they roll the dice to see what loot they get, just to see something they've already gotten already, they aren't excited, they feel cheated. (for example, in one round I got four healing staves in a row from necropolis chests. That was four items that I literally cannot use as my entire job is shooting things. It is incredibly demoralizing to know that you got fucked over in a game of chance that you had no influence over.)

Secondly, the crusher NEEDS to be buffed. It can't even compete with a fully upgraded PKA, especially not dual wielding them. This isn't an issue of trophies, even with every trophy, dual-wielding PKAs is still stronger and, possibly even just one PKA is stronger. Crusher has much more risk in being used and has fewer openings to be used, especially against some megafauna (colossus) where you'll have massive periods of time where you just can't attack them because getting that close would kill you instantly. I am not just saying this with no experience, I used to main crusher, and have killed all the megafauna I kill with pkas using it. (Drakes, hierophant, colossus) at least a few times each.

Third suggestion: MAKE REGULAR FAUNA RUN AWAY FROM MEGAFAUNA (Or only run if said megafauna is enraged on the player). I am to believe that lavaland is supposed to be an ecosystem, and yet despite the fact that these creatures are at the top of the food chain, regular fauna doesn't seem to give a single shit when the apex predator is sitting right next to them. Again, this might not sound like too big of a problem, but not only is it incredibly immersion-breaking to see the megafaunas prey just chilling with them, it's also really frustrating when you're trying to have a 1v1 with a beast and a dumbass vileworm spots you through a wall and makes your fight 10x more obnoxious.
Sidenote: Make it so brimdemon lasers can't go through drakes fire arena.
Last edited by ChumbleBusiness on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Re: Things to improve the miners experience.

Post by bastardblaster » #657878

the crusher is a challenge item its supposed to be harder

ChumbleBusiness
Byond Username: ChumbleBusiness

Post by ChumbleBusiness » #657883

bastardblaster wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:06 am the crusher is a challenge item its supposed to be harder
Is this an assumption or is it a confirmed thing? I would assume its supposed to be another, equal choice, rather than something objectively worse just for the sake of being worse. (I know it being for a "challenge" is a bit more nuanced than it just being worse.) I don't have a problem with it being harder to use, but it isnt as strong as PKAs even when used at its peak with all the trophies.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #657895

ChumbleBusiness wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 am
bastardblaster wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:06 am the crusher is a challenge item its supposed to be harder
Is this an assumption or is it a confirmed thing?
When you examine it, it gives filler that hints that it’s design it terrible compared to a PKA I think. So, in the game world perspective, intentional.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #659059

ChumbleBusiness wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 am
Is this an assumption or is it a confirmed thing? I would assume its supposed to be another, equal choice, rather than something objectively worse just for the sake of being worse. (I know it being for a "challenge" is a bit more nuanced than it just being worse.) I don't have a problem with it being harder to use, but it isnt as strong as PKAs even when used at its peak with all the trophies.
It's intentionally a challenge item