Nefarious Improvised crafting.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Nefarious Improvised crafting.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #658192

Idea stolen from yog, but here's the concept:

More improvised weapons that are unique and robust, and useful situationally. Makeshift pistols, Zip guns, Slam guns, pipe bombs, black jacks, battery socks, spiked baseball bats, knuckle dusters, metal shivs, overchanged flashes, whatever. Anything more powerful than what is easily available to joe schmoe, but not as powerful as uplink items, or high level station gear.
Most people can't make these weapons, but blood brothers, head revs, traitors (maybe only if they spend a few spare TC on a book,) and maybe even fugitive and obsessed, could construct these weapons.

And yeah, basically just gating cool content behind antags to keep it balanced.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Re: Nefarious Improvised crafting.

Post by Capsandi » #658205

Improvised crafting usually equals improvised mass production. It could be cool to turn a pile of maintenance junk into a cheap laser derringer or something, but I'd take a page from that cool engine sword arcane added and require a limited item to make it. Even if its antagz only it will still find itself in the hands of the masses if there's a common enemy for the crew and whoever has access.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #658349

It'd be nice to not lock stuff magically behind "you're an antag" unless it's like a manuel they buy or something. sandbox vibes is important to me
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #658379

TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:29 pm It'd be nice to not lock stuff magically behind "you're an antag" unless it's like a manuel they buy or something. sandbox vibes is important to me
I feel like I agree with you on principle, but it just seems like the perfect buff for crafty low level antags to make them more dangerous. I wouldn't want to put it behind general antag status like hijacking. I'd rather keep it to those it makes sense for.
I feel like if anything it could just be a cool blood brother buff.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later