Nanotrashen Listening/Radio Outpost

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Nanotrashen Listening/Radio Outpost

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659148

Icebox isn’t looking too hot on ghost roles and other ruins. I don’t even think there’s a single good ghost role can can even be used for playing around with the crew, like, no comms agent? At all?

Of course, the common syndicate listening agent is a very cool and fun gimmick, but I find myself most of the time bored as there’s almost no traitors to interact with. Combine that with the fact that the crew will immediately know if your a evil comms agent or just a guy on Lavaland (because no other ghost role has access to play around with the crew), it’s not really that fun.

So I am thinking of drafting up a ruin for Icebox, theming it around Nanotrashen loyalists rather than a evil syndicate base. The main focus will be radio, and I plan to give leeway on how to do your gimmick. You could be a radio station broadcasting propaganda or otherwise, you could report on things on the station, or maybe even you can be a insider; assist security/whoever while keeping your identity secure, or you can just shitpost. Main deal is that this isn’t focused on being evil; it’s focused on being a guy at a radio station that’s bored as hell.

The idea seems like just like the listening station, but I’m planning to add some more gimmicks to it as well (perhaps a tax machine that can only send messages to central/the station or something, but I am not a coder) and add some more leeway. There could be lore and stuff, but I don’t want it to be the main goal for the person in the ruin. The ghost role can do whatever gimmick with or without lore.

I think this needs more thumbs up, though. So I’m putting this in here to see if anyone would like it. Also I would be interested in creating a syndicate listening station as well and have the two be rivals.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Re: Nanotrashen Listening/Radio Outpost

Post by Bepis » #659180

isn't there an outpost on Icebox, through the gateway? I don't typically leave the station, I have no idea. Might be a good schtick to put it there with some gamer gear or something, incentivize players to either rescue the loyalists or explore the outpost more often. And if they don't, it's still a ghost role doing something other than hovering in dchat

Either way I support more ghost roles on icebox
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659190

Bepis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:57 am isn't there an outpost on Icebox, through the gateway?
I still support more outposts outside, so miners have more to explore.

I don't want it to be a free respawn to go back to the station, so I might have to add a policy that says "don't abandon your outpost blah blah blah", but I do like the idea of people helping the loyalists escape, so I might make it so that they don't have the materials to break out.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #659191

How much of a pain in the ass would it be to have an external hatch that needs a code to be entered so that they could get out - lore wise it could be harsher security protocols after the third War Dec by the syndicate in a day or something as smarmy. Captain could get a roundstart access code or something. So the only way they could escape would be via rescue from (hopefully) friendly personnel

if I'm overthinking it just ignore me, I have no real idea how anything actually works
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659194

Good idea, perhaps the key code/card can be found by snooping around nearby or something. Don't know about it being a roundstart thing though, It would be more cool if the crew found it themselves.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #659195

I get that. I think it's an excellent idea and hope you run with it
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #660442

Love this idea.
It could be expanded upon by applying said ruin to every map but having Nano/Syndie/Neutral outpost/listening post randomised with every new round, so nobody quite knows who the fuck is playing with comms.
Destroy the meta-knowledge.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT