New Space Dragon equivalent idea: Moffra

A place to record your ideas for the game.
IncrediblMrJ
Byond Username: IncredibleMrJ

New Space Dragon equivalent idea: Moffra

Post by IncrediblMrJ » #660569

Disclaimer: I have no experience coding or making PRs at all and suck a writing please no bully, refer to image for what Moffra would look like.

I like Space Dragon and I like mothroachs so what would happen if we combined them? This idea is meant to add a new midround antagonist to the game but with more levity than its dragon counterpart. Moffra is meant to be a false alarm-ish equivalent to Space Dragon, when spawned it sounds the same alert as Space Dragon and sends the crew into panic.
Goals:
• Add new “Joke” antag that the crew could kill but doesn’t have to.
• Add false alarm variant of Space Dragon so that crew don’t know if they should immediately arm up and rush around looking for the Dragon to kill, potentially giving Dragons more time to settle in without the whole crew rushing after sec instantly opens the armory.

Moffra would be a antag with the goal of just eating all the clothing on the station. Moffra would not be immune to the effects of space. They could be given the ability to switch between two modes, after a couple seconds wait, a stealth mode where they look like a normal mothroach and can ventcrawl, and a combat mode where they have some stun options (like the dragon’s wing attack), no ranged options, and high health. They would not be able to eat people’s bodies, instead they simply eat all articles of clothing that a person has on them, healing similarly to the Space Dragon. They could place a beacon down similarly to the Space Dragon but won’t be tied to it like the Space Dragon and its destruction or lack there of will not affect Moffra.
The beacon could have the following affects:
Heal Moffra.
Spawns normal moffroachs (nonhostile) in the room it’s in.
Any crew that view the beacon without welding protection take constant eye damage (similarly to the maintenance god chaplain).

Alternatives:
While this could simply be a joke antag it could easily be made into a real threat with a few ideas I have. But I don’t think anyone would like them because the general feeling I get from the community is that conversion gamemodes suck. Also, I don’t want this to just be a total reskin of Space Dragon.
1. Mothpeople get brainwash objectives to help moffra and potentially some time to prepare before its announced to the crew that Moffra or Space Dragon are on station.
2. Mothroaches turn hostile and/or are controlled by ghost like spawned space carp.
3. The chance percentage of Moffra spawning is tied to the amount of mothroaches on station.
4. Moffra is able to pick up and throw mothroaches like xeno face huggers for a small stun (but obviously this wouldn’t do anything but stun the crew member or maybe eat there hat/mask).
5. Mothpeople who view the beacon without eye protection be brainwashed as mentioned above.
6. Give the stealth mode of Moffra limited invisibility like the modsuit module.
Attachments
something similar to this
something similar to this
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: New Space Dragon equivalent idea: Moffra

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #660575

lamp
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #660582

botanists get the bug spray
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #660903

what is it with fucking moth players I no cap
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #660954

only in Ohio
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #661114

I agree with this, but would change the framing.
Basically, give Lizard, Plasma, and Moth people a special version of Hulk.
Moth people could look like Moffra. Lizard people could be Godzilla-esque, and Plasmamen could be the human torch, perpetually burning but never actually being damaged by it.
DrOof
Byond Username: Dr . Oof

Post by DrOof » #712118

I really like this idea, why not give it a segmented body like flesh snakes? It would look more bug like, I think.
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Post by Xkallubar » #712131

Moth players trying not to mention moths more than 100 times in 1 minute challenge *IMPOSSIBLE DIFFICULTY*
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712375

moth players are truly deranged
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"