Need more black market uplink stuff!

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Need more black market uplink stuff!

Post by JusticeGoat » #662924

What if we had the option to buy fake ID's cards with no access and can not be inserted into id consoles, they are printed with a single name and job that can't be changed after you buy it? (only sec officers can see if its fake by inspecting it like the captain and fake disks)

More homemade or bulky armor, a shield?

I'll come up with some more ideas for it later.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: Need more black market uplink stuff!

Post by blackdav123 » #662925

bartender should be able to tell a fake ID from a real one
Weston Echard on Sybil
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #662932

I want to make a crappy fake ID out of paper and crayon
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #662933

Black market is a cool concept but currently its kinda whatever. Id rather focus our illicit non-uplink weapons on improvised ones. Maybe modular weapon crafting? Wouldn’t that be nifty.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #662935

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:09 am Maybe modular weapon crafting? Wouldn’t that be nifty.
This would truly usher in a new era
► Show Spoiler
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #662939

Put all the access locked cargo items on it.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #662940

what about a single use electronic key/hacking tool called a "ice pick" that can unlock locked crates for lots of money?
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #663023

Syndicate Balloon but can be popped and emits a random gas or virus.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #664539

JusticeGoat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:40 am What if we had the option to buy fake ID's cards with no access and can not be inserted into id consoles, they are printed with a single name and job that can't be changed after you buy it? (only sec officers can see if its fake by inspecting it like the captain and fake disks)
Unbelievably soulful, will look at following freeze
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #664546

I wish that kung fu black market PR got merged.

But what if there was a Synthetic Dummy. Which upon injecting some of your blood turns into a complete clone of you that appears to be catonic. Only thing that gives them away is that they don't come with the outerwear you start with and any touch/hit/shove causes them to turn into a puddle of blood. (Pretty much a simple mob)

Good for winning my MRP court case when I can prove I was in botany all shift
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #664584

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:15 am I wish that kung fu black market PR got merged.

But what if there was a Synthetic Dummy. Which upon injecting some of your blood turns into a complete clone of you that appears to be catonic. Only thing that gives them away is that they don't come with the outerwear you start with and any touch/hit/shove causes them to turn into a puddle of blood. (Pretty much a simple mob)

you can basically do this in 20 seconds in genetics
Weston Echard on Sybil
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #664601

blackdav123 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:08 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:15 am I wish that kung fu black market PR got merged.

The point of the uplink is to make things accessible to other jobs/assistants who might not be able to enter science
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #664606

JusticeGoat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:38 am
blackdav123 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:08 pm

The point of the uplink is to make things accessible to other jobs/assistants who might not be able to enter science
you can enter genetics on most of the maps using an oxygen tank to smash your way through one windoor

the point of the uplink is to give access to fun niche/contraband items that are either hard to obtain or unable to be obtained any other way
Weston Echard on Sybil
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #671263

Traitor Curator should be able to get a book that allows you to summon those stick figure mobs, has three uses. Ghost role lolz. They are subservient to their summoner.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #671398

some sort of motorized skateboard that runs on plasma and breaks bones when you collide with people. Your bones and theirs.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #671414

"I HATE SECURITY" pins that make secbots arrest the wearer and you can stick them on people who arent paying attention too
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #671451

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:05 pm "I HATE SECURITY" pins that make secbots arrest the wearer and you can stick them on people who arent paying attention too
speedmerge
Weston Echard on Sybil
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #673688

Farquaar wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:33 am I want to make a crappy fake ID out of paper and crayon