if HOP prioritizes a job slot, joining as that slot should give you a sign on bonus

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

if HOP prioritizes a job slot, joining as that slot should give you a sign on bonus

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664369

this is to incentivize people to pick the job because then they can use the extra credits to buy cigarettes and outfits from the vendos
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Re: if HOP prioritizes a job slot, joining as that slot should give you a sign on bonus

Post by TheSmallBlue » #664373

Honestly surprised this, or something like it, isn't a thing already
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Re: if HOP prioritizes a job slot, joining as that slot should give you a sign on bonus

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664376

TheSmallBlue wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:45 pm Honestly surprised this, or something like it, isn't a thing already
in honesty i rolled the dice that it wasn't because if it was and someone called me an idiot i could say "well its not well documented enough"
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #664389

Great idea
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664390

wesoda25 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:03 amGreat idea
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #664394

yeah totally
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #664399

Only if it comes in the form of a credit that has a 75% chance of being delivered to HOP or a 25% chance of getting a letter that says nanotransen doesn't have the funds to pay out the bonus.

That way the poor space men suffers the potential conflict of a unfulfilled promise from an uncaring mega corporation. With the HOP likely being responsible but not always.

An avenue of non antag conflict if you will.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #664406

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:45 pm Only if it comes in the form of a credit that has a 75% chance of being delivered to HOP or a 25% chance of getting a letter that says nanotransen doesn't have the funds to pay out the bonus.

That way the poor space men suffers the potential conflict of a unfulfilled promise from an uncaring mega corporation. With the HOP likely being responsible but not always.

I don't like this tbh
Feels like it's just withholding a neat reward from players who interact with the station bureaucracy.
► Show Spoiler
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #664410

Good idea.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664431

Farquaar wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:50 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:45 pm Only if it comes in the form of a credit that has a 75% chance of being delivered to HOP or a 25% chance of getting a letter that says nanotransen doesn't have the funds to pay out the bonus.

I don't like this tbh
Feels like it's just withholding a neat reward from players who interact with the station bureaucracy.
its a classic tactic used by shitters, coming into my great idea thread and saying OH BUT WHAT IF WE DID SOMETHING COMPLETELY RETARDED and then coders see it and say "i guess it's a bad idea after all"

bad idea shadowflame, i don't endorse it!
Agux909 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:03 pmGood idea.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #664450

I thought interacting with the HOP would be kind of soulful. Heaven knows what they do now that their really the head and not the QM gimmick got deleted by non human mains
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664502

Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:10 am I thought interacting with the HOP would be kind of soulful. Heaven knows what they do now that their really the head and not the QM gimmick got deleted by non human mains
You get botany and the chef and bartender to work together and actually make good shit instead of just growing nothing but weed and deep frying shoes and serving nothing but literal poison that explodes your liver instantly and shooting people.

i think they're also technically in charge of the chaplain, psychologist, and lawyer too. also you get to make people get stamped forms from other department heads if they ask for an id change
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #664661

Do you think Heads of Staff and general staff should receive the same bonus?
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #666114

Good idea. Whenever I prioritize certain roles as is, no one ever joins as them (I suspect because people see that the role is desperately needed and are like "fuck I don't want that responsibility with no reward" so they join as something else and avoid culpability when the Thing Going Wrong continues to).
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.