New Quirk Idea: Animals Hate You

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

New Quirk Idea: Animals Hate You

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #673697

Negative quirk that makes animals hate you. Hostile mobs will prioritize you over people who dont have the perk. Can't get positive moodlets from pets because they growl/hiss at you when you try to pet them. Trying to pet them too much make them attack. Thought it would be a fun quirk.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: New Quirk Idea: Animals Hate You

Post by Armhulen » #673704

growing more possible by the day but still need a lot more neutral mobs to get converted to basic. great idea, just a little tough codewise
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #673724

Thanks for saying my idea is good
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #673930

We can do it for dogs right now because `HATED_BY_DOGS` is a trait but currently (unsurprisingly) only dogs care if dogs hate you and not any other kind of animals.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #673969

this is just felinid
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #673979

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:01 pm We can do it for dogs right now because `HATED_BY_DOGS` is a trait but currently (unsurprisingly) only dogs care if dogs hate you and not any other kind of animals.
Yeah lets just generalize it and stick it in some basic subtrees
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #674012

san7890 wrote: this is just felinid
I think we can all agree that every felinid should get this trait by default. They cannot remove it.
ed: as a backburner for later idea: what if being hated by animals put a little hud icon angry face on you for any sentient animals?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #674550

felinids should suffer
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #679409

If your'e a cat or a dog person (in the figurative sense), its reasonable that there should be polarized reactions to felinids or whenever the topic comes up with ian.

A small amount of leeway would be Ashwalkers having a "Alpha Predator" perk, that makes mobs less reluctant to follow you long distance, and most of the smaller harmless mobs flee your presence. So you can kite a small herd of goliaths into the lavaland base/towards a miner/just out of the way, then make a sharp escape without crawling across the map.

Spoiler: