Chaplain Holy Bow and Arrows

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Chaplain Holy Bow and Arrows

Post by Drag » #676523

People yelled at me to come here. Apparently, my 4 am idea has some form of merit.

So what if we had a null rod variant that was a bow and arrow set? The bow itself would act as the "null rod", allowing chaplains to block magic and remove runes. The arrows could be 15/20-force ammunition that has a low/medium chance of delivering a bleed wound.

The arrows could be "tipped" with holy water, injecting five units of it on contact. (Or you could add reagents to the arrow, like you can with a rag) ((Having it tipped with holy water could lead to neat cult combat)) (((holy water removes cult spells)))

I think it would be best for the chaplain to start with a quiver of 10-15 arrows, and have to order more from cargo. Or it might be a good idea for chaplains to make more, maybe getting a recipe book if they select that null rod option.

I think the system could be balanced with the already present bow/harpoon mechanics. First, you gotta get the arrow, place it on the bow, then draw the bow, THEN NOT MISS.

I like the idea of having a ranged alternative for chaplain gear, instead of 100% melee.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Re: Chaplain Holy Bow and Arrows

Post by Higgin » #676533

Massive bump to this as long as the bow itself has the tradeoff of not having any of the usual melee stats of the various null rod options - some ranged variety in chap gear would be seriously cool.

I'd suggest it probably only be able to convey holy water to avoid making it a backup syringe gun for high-impact, low-dose chems (unless bows/blowguns were made more ubiquitous and also had that quality on arrows.)

If those are the sprites and part of a full set? Looks great, would love to see it.
feedback appreciated here <3
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #676542

Drag wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:22 pm People yelled at me to come here. Apparently, my 4 am idea has some form of merit.

So what if we had a null rod variant that was a bow and arrow set? The bow itself would act as the "null rod", allowing chaplains to block magic and remove runes. The arrows could be 15/20-force ammunition that has a low/medium chance of delivering a bleed wound.

The arrows could be "tipped" with holy water, injecting five units of it on contact. (Or you could add reagents to the arrow, like you can with a rag) ((Having it tipped with holy water could lead to neat cult combat)) (((holy water removes cult spells)))

I think it would be best for the chaplain to start with a quiver of 10-15 arrows, and have to order more from cargo. Or it might be a good idea for chaplains to make more, maybe getting a recipe book if they select that null rod option.

I think the system could be balanced with the already present bow/harpoon mechanics. First, you gotta get the arrow, place it on the bow, then draw the bow, THEN NOT MISS.

I like the idea of having a ranged alternative for chaplain gear, instead of 100% melee.
pass me the dmi yo and it will be done eventually
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #676548

terraria
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #676850

Fikou wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:24 pmterraria
chaplain already has a shard (summoning)
the smoke spell (magic)
and the null rod (melee)
it's time we give him a ranged option.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #676867

Cheshify wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:54 am
Fikou wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:24 pmterraria
chaplain already has a shard (summoning)
the smoke spell (magic)
and the null rod (melee)
it's time we give him a ranged option.
a gun?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #676870

mormon chaplains get a 1911
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #676921

>they don't know about the homing chaplain revolver
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #677025

Armhulen wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:09 am >they don't know about the homing chaplain revolver
Homing...but fired by a blind chaplain.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #677068

thank god tehy have homing amirite