Fun antag ideas thread

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Fun antag ideas thread

Post by Annihilite111 » #678862

Post your ideas for good midrounds (both high and low threat, but i think we need low threat ones more).
To get the thread started, here's an idea i just had while watching Ancient Magus Bride:

Space Fairy:
A low threat midround a bit similar to the malevolent revenant, but effectively more of a "twist" to the round than an outright threat. In olden times, it was believed that homes were inhabited by invisible beings which needed to be placated, and whether due to some undiscovered extradimensional alien species, unconcious psychic projections or even some kernel of truth to these myths, many a spaceman tell of the unseen Neighbors and the misfortune disrespecting them incurs.
The Space Fairy is unseen to an even greater degree than the revenant, but is entirely unable to influence the mundane world while it is being observed. It has abilities that range from helpful to harmful, and which ones are availible depends entirely on the Fairy's mood.
There are very few ways to know whether or not there is a Fairy on station. Everything it does could be attributed to other causes such as traitors doing minor sabotage, assistants breaking things while tiding, a random event or just sheer luck. Ideally this would serve as a mechanical way to encourage roleplaying and also make it harder to meta certain antags ("Is that heretic rift/emagged medibot a sign of [insert valid] or is it the fairies messing about?") while being very unobtrusive to the round by itself. As Space Fairies are strongly aligned with old traditions, they most strongly affect (and are most strongly affected by) the Kitchen, Botany and Medbay

Fairy mood is affected by actions that traditionally placate or infuriate the Fey. Depending on how hard coding it would be there could either be a global mood pool or independent ones tied to departments/areas of the station.

Mood increasing actions:
Leaving porridge outside the door to the kitchen
Growing and placing Hawthorn, Foxglove and Groundsel flowers (These would all have to be either added to botany or substituted with already existing plants)
Construct a pot over fire (the Fairy likes to sit on the pothook)

Mood decreasing actions:
Growing St-Johns-worts and Yarrow (or a substitute to avoid bloat)
Harming plants loved by Fairies
Eating the porridge outside the kitchen
Spraying holy water (this makes the Fairy VERY angry)
Leaving iron under doors

Happy Fairy abilities:
Bless food (makes the food taste better and heal for a larger amount)
Bring luck (Crew in the area get boosts to RNG checks)
Bless harvests (Plants have increased health and potency)
Bless person (only availible at max happiness and on targets that have performed a set amount of actions which increased it. A hard to detect direct stat buff similar to the die of fate effect, that is lost upon doing an action that decreases Fairy mood)
Clean surface (Cleans an area when no one is watching)
Kiss wound (Makes a wound heal quicker/have lower penalties)
Protection (People in the area have a small chance to resist magic)

Angry Fairy abilities:
Shock door (as it says on the tin. Also gives malf/subverted silicons an excuse to mess with people and blame the fairies)
Poison food (Makes the food disgusting and creates small amounts of minor poison in it)
Emag (only works when no one is watching. Only unlocked on very low mood)
Sour milk (a curse that turns milk into an extremely disgusting substance. Using it on Pete or other milk producing animal will cause them to only produce sour milk for a duration)
Conjure heretic rift (Only works when no one is looking, but the rift fades in like after a heretic siphons it. It's a fairy glamour, and so it will only remain as long as the Fairy is angry)
Curse wound (Makes a wound more resistant to being healed/more obstructive)
Soil surface (Makes an area very dirty when no one is watching)
Trickery (makes the target hallucinate)
Slap (Plays a slap sound and deals a few stamina damage. Also generates the message "A sudden pain startles you, gone as soon as it appeared. You swear you can hear distant laughter"

The Fairy becomes a unique obstacle that forces you to consider solutions other than clicking until horizontal. If all goes right, we would see soulful little things like IC superstition (The chef leaving gifts for the Fairies "just in case". The botanist being lynched by the druid Chaplain for growing Yarrow) as there would be a mechanical incentive for it, and i personally think that making the tells for specific antags less cut and dry is a good thing. There are also neat ways a traitor can make everyone's lives worse by angering the Space Fairies.

That said, I want to hear your weird, creative, different or just fun antag ideas. I know i said to post midrounds specifically, but anything antag goes in today's thread. Come on, i know you're sitting on something good!
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Re: Fun antag ideas thread

Post by TheRex9001 » #678866

From a HACKMD I am working on (Would also add a lone cult midround)
Cult(s)
Roundstart cult:
The original cultists will now recieve a voting prompt for the different cults and the one with the most votes wins!

All members of this roundstart cult will then be converted to the winning cult.

Cult members cannot be converted to a different cult unless they are deconverted first.

Multiple cults can spawn in one round. This means that when the voting is finished each of these cultists will instead be converted to the second most voted cult.
Example: Cult 1 has 3 votes for blood cult, and one vote for weeping veil. Cult 2 has 4 votes for blood cult, in this example Cult 1 would become weeping veil whilst cult 2 would become blood cult as blood cult overall had the most votes in cult 2. In the case of a tie like both fully voting blood cult the winner is randomly decided and the loosers cult is also randomly decided.

A maximum of 4 cults can spawn in one round although this scenario is highly unlikely to ever occur without some admin fuckery (due to threat levels).

Blood cult:
Changes the paralyzing stun of the cult hand to a stun+shackle. The target is stunned for a very short duration(5 seconds), however they are still muted and slurred for the regular duration. The shackle effect does not work on mindsheilded people.
Adds the blood fountain building, This building is used to refill unholy water, get your blood levels up to 100%, and finally fill up blood rites by 50 blood. If this is used for blood rites it can not be used again for 30 seconds.
Blood is used more in rituals and rune invocations (Increase blood usage by 80% on each spell)
Drawing on a cult floor makes the rune placement instant
Conceal presence now hides cult floor and walls
Weeping veil:
Has no runes
The Therimore: All your spells are stored within this book that is granted to you upon conversion
Therimores have to wielded to cast
Therimores can hold up to 5 spells at one time
Spells are added to your Therimore by using an occult research table (3 runed metal), the materials (runed metal) for this table is in your starting inventory as a cultist
Spells in the Therimore
Soulhook: Cast on a player 4 or less tiles away. This spell will stun the targeted player for 8 seconds and is quickly (2 seconds at 4 tiles away) dragged to the caster. The targeted player is immune to damage for the stun duration. Mindshielded players will only be dragged close and muted.
Soulchain: Cast on a player that is visable. This spell will link you to the targeted player and cause a blue chain to appear between you. Whenever any of the linked players (Caster and targeted player) the other linked player will recieve the same amount of damage. This also cuffs the target. Cuffed players are muted. This spell is removed if the therimore is dropped.
Convert: Cast on an adjecent non-cultist. Requires another cultist to be adjecent to the target. If another cultist is adjecent the targeted player is converted and becomes a cultist of the Weeping veil. If cast on a mindshielded target all acolytes involved in the ritual will recieve a shorter cooldown on all their spells.
Weepers Salvo: Rapidly fires 6 “Weeping bolts” in a chosen directions. The weeping bolts deal 5 brute and 5 burn aswell as a small amount of stamina damage.
Teleport, instantly teleport the caster to any area that contains an occult research table.
Veil Rending orbs (prototype name): Slowly generates orbs up to a maximum of three, if you dont let it regenerate orbs the spell ends. Each orb deals 20 burn and 5 cellular. The orbs travel slower than the “Weeping bolts”
MORE SPELLS TO COME JUST FINISHING DESIGNS FIRST

Lords of the eclipse:
Has the Convert, summon cultist, empower and spirit realm runes from blood cult
The runes are slightly altered though, convert will now fully raise someone from the dead, and empower has different spells
All cultists start with a spell called “Veil walk” veil walk allows the cultist to jaunt but they only see peoples foot steps unless they (the person walking) is in complete darkness
Completly unique structure: Night pylon, makes an area 5 from the pylon completly dark with all light sources being non functional within
Spells:

Terrify: Can be used in veil walk. The person this is cast on will begin to breathe rapidly whilst in the dark, then if they are in complete darkness for longer than 5 seconds they will faint. They are fully mute whilst the terrify effect is active. The effect lasts for 10 seconds. Mindshielded are immune to this effect.
Shroud: Cloaks an area in smoke that makes the effected area completly dark. The smoke effect is as strong as a 30/30 mix. The smoke will dissapate after 15 seconds
Night clone: Spawn a copy of yourself that rushes the closest player. Works in veil walk. When the clone is attacked the attacker is stunned for 3 seconds.
Utter dark: Makes a player completly blind, mute and deaf for 4 seconds. This duration is 2 on mindshielded players.
Behind you…: Teleports you behind a target. This effect makes the player mute for 8 seconds if they are in darkness. This duration is 4 on mindshielded players.
Light scar: Can be cast in veil walk. Makes the targeted player unable to leave completly dark areas for 5 seconds. This duration is 3 seconds on mindshielded players
MORE SPELLS TO COME JUST FINISHING DESIGNS FIRST

Unbroken:
Has the Convert, teleport, summon cultist and spirit realm runes from blood cult
The runes are slightly altered though, convert will now if the target is dead or mindshielded turn them into a basic mob called a “shambler” which will attack non cultists, and empower has different spells
Has access to the plague pots which are created with 3 runed metal
Instead of knives the cult has vials, these vials are made by dipping glass shards in plague pots
Drinking these vials will apply a temporary buff and a permanent buff of increased health but slower speed
Spells, this cult has none. Instead this cult only functions through making special “Plagues”

Plagues are mixes of three different choices of debuffs and buffs
First you pick a harmful effect
Then you pick one good effect
Lastly you pick one “Wildcard effect”
The plagues last 10 seconds
Buffs:
Threading: Increases stamina regeneration by 50%
Plagued regeneration: Heals 5 of each damage type every 3 seconds
Bloating: Suffer 20% less brute damage
Debuffs:
Muscular decay: Rapidly deals stamina damage and mutes them
Necrotizing: Deals 5 toxin and 2 organ damage every 2 seconds
Osteo: Breaks one random limb every 5 seconds
Wildcard:
Leper: The Plague will spread two times to adjecent players
Rending: The plague will produce histamine for both cultists and non cultists
Clear symptoms: The plague will cause a particle effect on infected targets
MORE SYMPTOMS TO COME JUST FINISHING DESIGNS FIRST
Last edited by TheRex9001 on Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #678867

How about a shape shifting blob but instead of being able to attack people it sits disguised as an item waiting for someone click on it. The person who touches the item then has a variety of negative traits applied. These traits could be pacifism if the person tried to pick up a gun for example, self detonation if it was a TTV they tried to pickup, or less harmful things like getting turned into a random race.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #678869

Annihilite111 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:37 pm Shock door (as it says on the tin. Also gives malf/subverted silicons an excuse to mess with people and blame the fairies)
;AI MAILF!!

;NO THE FAIRIES DID IT!!!!!
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #678871

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:00 pm
Annihilite111 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:37 pm Shock door (as it says on the tin. Also gives malf/subverted silicons an excuse to mess with people and blame the fairies)
;AI MAILF!!

;NO THE FAIRIES DID IT!!!!!
It's like comms agent but funnier
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #678881

HeyHey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:58 pm How about a shape shifting blob but instead of being able to attack people it sits disguised as an item waiting for someone click on it. The person who touches the item then has a variety of negative traits applied. These traits could be pacifism if the person tried to pick up a gun for example, self detonation if it was a TTV they tried to pickup, or less harmful things like getting turned into a random race.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Morph

Is this kind of what you have in mind?
► Show Spoiler
CaptainKawoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by CaptainKawoppi » #678912

what if we had midround traitors, but they were frogs instead...
🏴‍☠️ Yarr... (Waitin' to be plundered?) Image
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #679000

kawoppi wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:34 pm what if we had midround traitors, but they were frogs instead...
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/74416

► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #679001

I'm going to commit 2 sins in one.

Double post

Mention Lifeweb.

I really do like the idea of the Revisor.

Having something like an Inspector who's a real hardass that can dole out citations that tax the station a certain amount, or an eventual deathsquad should they be attacked/threatened, etc I think would be pretty funny.

I don't think all antags need to murderbone to make the round scarier.

I bet a pencil pusher with a deathsquad on speed-dial can cause more havoc than the heretic going after SSDs.
► Show Spoiler
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #679003

Chadley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:57 pm I'm going to commit 2 sins in one.

Double post

Mention Lifeweb.

I really do like the idea of the Revisor.

Having something like an Inspector who's a real hardass that can dole out citations that tax the station a certain amount, or an eventual deathsquad should they be attacked/threatened, etc I think would be pretty funny.

I don't think all antags need to murderbone to make the round scarier.

I bet a pencil pusher with a deathsquad on speed-dial can cause more havoc than the heretic going after SSDs.
Sounds fun but LRP players can’t be trusted to not immediately rush the Pencil pusher to force the deathsquad because muh valids, or trust the pencil pusher to not call the deathsquad FNR
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #679027

I was thinking of making like an evil maintenance drone which could respawn where their basic job was just to make traps and troll people but with an inability to directly attack them (or like, deconstruct entire rooms) but I was not sure if that would be enough to be long-term compelling.
CaptainKawoppi

Post by CaptainKawoppi » #679036

Chadley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:53 pm https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/74416

whoever made that pr SUCKS
they STOLE my idea i hope they get jobbanned from janitor
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #679038

kawoppi wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Chadley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:53 pm https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/74416

whoever made that pr SUCKS
they STOLE my idea i hope they get jobbanned from janitor
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/74392

► Show Spoiler
CaptainKawoppi

Post by CaptainKawoppi » #679040

Chadley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:59 pm https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/74392

im gonna find out what server the jackass who made that frog pr plays on and then im gonna ask for the votekick pr to be testmerged and then im gonna votekick their sorry ass into next week
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #679042

I've had this really cool idea for a while. It's a revenant-like ghost entity that has spells that can interact with the physical world in a limited sense (open a door, very slightly heal someone, whatever) and they have a number of high-threat objectives (kill people, make runes that spawn enemies, other vague spooky things), the issue is they can't actually physically interact with the world in a meaningful way so...

The ghost has a bunch of sub-antags who are all crewmembers, with the only goal of being the most favoured follower. The ghost can communicate with them, buff their physical strength, slightly heal them, and other things of that nature, but the followers are all competing with each other meaning that the ghost needs to keep their pawns hidden from eachother and separate. There's no final objective or biddle or anything, just the ghost gaining slightly more strength as the objectives are complete.

The fun part would be flavouring the ghost, it would randomly choose if they were a "ghost in the machine" and had stronger buffs related to machines. Maybe a "god of plague" who could give their followers viruses (good and bad) and cure them at will. I can probably think of some more cool ideas.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #679045

Another thing would be heretic antags spawning without being summoned.

There isn't enough Maids-in-the-Mirror, or Cultist Simulator content.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #679046

Good thread but it probably should have gone in the ideas subforum so it wouldn't get autolocked.
► Show Spoiler
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #679047

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:43 pm I was thinking of making like an evil maintenance drone which could respawn where their basic job was just to make traps and troll people but with an inability to directly attack them (or like, deconstruct entire rooms) but I was not sure if that would be enough to be long-term compelling.
That sounds pretty fun actually. Would it be solo or team antag? I would think a team antag, just imagine entire swarms of the little drones deconstructing the whole station and trapping people. Not sure how much replayability it would have, but it could be fun.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #679049

Farquaar wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 pm Good thread but it probably should have gone in the ideas subforum so it wouldn't get autolocked.
Sure, I'll save it
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #679059

BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:32 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:43 pm I was thinking of making like an evil maintenance drone which could respawn where their basic job was just to make traps and troll people but with an inability to directly attack them (or like, deconstruct entire rooms) but I was not sure if that would be enough to be long-term compelling.
That sounds pretty fun actually. Would it be solo or team antag? I would think a team antag, just imagine entire swarms of the little drones deconstructing the whole station and trapping people. Not sure how much replayability it would have, but it could be fun.
I was thinking just the one, toyed with the idea that if it dies and "respawns" it pulls a different ghost but that might make each individual feel less disposable than I was planning.
Ultimately my goal was more "maintenance gremlin" and "license to low-level grief people with funny sabotage tools" rather than a round ending threat, I think if there's a bunch of them who start eating the place we're recreating swarmers.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #679060

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:05 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:32 pm
I was thinking just the one, toyed with the idea that if it dies and "respawns" it pulls a different ghost but that might make each individual feel less disposable than I was planning.
Ultimately my goal was more "maintenance gremlin" and "license to low-level grief people with funny sabotage tools" rather than a round ending threat, I think if there's a bunch of them who start eating the place we're recreating swarmers.
I actually thought you were joking and this was meant to be a recreation of swarmers.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #679061

Chadley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:35 pm
HeyHey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:58 pm How about a shape shifting blob but instead of being able to attack people it sits disguised as an item waiting for someone click on it. The person who touches the item then has a variety of negative traits applied. These traits could be pacifism if the person tried to pick up a gun for example, self detonation if it was a TTV they tried to pickup, or less harmful things like getting turned into a random race.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Morph

Yeah but imagine if this had the Killer Queen stand ability on it.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #679074

Armhulen wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:33 pm
Farquaar wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 pm Good thread but it probably should have gone in the ideas subforum so it wouldn't get autolocked.
Sure, I'll save it
Bless you, Armhulen
► Show Spoiler
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #679075

BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:19 pm I actually thought you were joking and this was meant to be a recreation of swarmers.
This is ultimately another reason I am not confident in its longevity as a concept
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #679118

Good thread
Mass Destruction Crew
Team (non-conversion) antag whose goal is to build a singularity weapon, composed of undercover weapon scientists who are NERDS so they need prescription lenses and get their lunch stolen from them and are the only ones who can tell what the machine needs and additional undercover crewmen. Support packages to help defense/offense/etc dropped as progress is made on the machine.
The machine doesn't call the shuttle once it spawns a singulo and explodes, that's the captain/AI's call. My thinking is team based antags need an impactful goal to unify them and players will do anything to bring about a singulo. The scientists are there to act as team leaders, all undercover crewmembers are told their identities. Not sure how to encourage sec not to kill them instead of jailing em since they're a lynchpin and jailbreaking missions are a highpoint of team antags
S.E.L.F. Destruction
Huge robot drops onto the station and is tasked with killing all humans. It boasts everything from cannon fire to laser spread shots to taser bolts to hitscan sniping lasers to aggressively spewing out coolant(freon). It is slow as hell. Instead of an announcement the only hint of it appearing is a crash and beepy boopy noises reverberating within the station. I just think the idea of everyone hearing that a megafauna tier machine is somewhere on the station with no hint to where it could be is cool.
Haven't thought these through much though.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #679242

Drukharis that kidnap the crew, kill them, and revive them, turning them into grotesque living furniture that generates points, similar to an RD console. These points can be used to unlock Drukhari spells or crafting. Once a certain point threshold is reached, the furniture will emit a pained wail that can give a mood debuff, but it also reveals the location of the furniture. If the furniture is destroyed, the previous dead crew can be returned but as husks. When the Drukharis gain enough points, they trigger an event that could be their version of a station nuke or an unrecallable shuttle. At this point, the station is filled with murmurs and echoes of misery and torture that affect everyone's mood and cause forced trauma when looking at sharp objects. However, the chaplain is immune to this effect.
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage