Idea: Super Hero

A place to record your ideas for the game.
doerakpoes
Byond Username: Doerakpoes

Idea: Super Hero

Post by doerakpoes » #83069

Well since we have got shadowlings coming up that are over powerd we migth as well throw in a friendly over powerd version some sort of super hero to figth it or it just goes with any event really he/she woud have a weakniss randomised item (will be one of the things to pop up with objectives) like your weakniss is "paper" for instans and also has like a changeling ish evalution menu only then like a super power menu toggle once like thermal vinsion or x-ray vision heat vision (not just vision of cours just the best i coud think of) i think it woud be good to have when the shadowlings are there. (Or any other big threaths nar-sie for instance)
Last edited by doerakpoes on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Idea: Super Hero

Post by Incomptinence » #83072

Would be interesting to have a hero around. Should probably be reactive to station destroying stuff though. Like a probability to have a hero pop up to wrestle nar nar if summoned or the singulo if enough tiles are deleted stuff like that but they only activate after the trigger.
doerakpoes
Byond Username: Doerakpoes

Post by doerakpoes » #83076

Incomptinence wrote:Would be interesting to have a hero around. Should probably be reactive to station destroying stuff though. Like a probability to have a hero pop up to wrestle nar nar if summoned or the singulo if enough tiles are deleted stuff like that but they only activate after the trigger.
That is a very good idea
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83142

There's an Owl hardsuit. Obviously this was foreseen. I AM THE MAINT!

The Owl (I think the hardsuit version is called The Eagle or something) Spawns whenever the number of live aliens goes above fifteen, or when at least 2 shadowlings have ascended, or when the nuke codes are granted.

clearly on any quality round, this will result in three Owls, but that's a small price to pay for JUSTICE
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #83181

The owl hardsuit is a reskin of the blood-red operative hardsuit, with wings in combat mode for all your *aflap needs.
(Yes, this means it can hold a live energy sword in suit storage. Or any gun.)
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #83185

The owl hardsuit needs a SWOOP verb, functionally similar to alien hunter leap.

>The Owl swoops at McGriffon!
>McGriffon is bowled over!
>The Owl whispers "Hoot hoot motherfucker"
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #83235

Only if it works off of internals gas.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83275

lumipharon wrote:The owl hardsuit needs a SWOOP verb, functionally similar to alien hunter leap.

>The Owl swoops at McGriffon!
>McGriffon is bowled over!
>The Owl whispers "Hoot hoot motherfucker"
RIP modular leaping, you were too mergeconflict for this world
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #83307

Mimes are already the hero the station needs.

Although that being said it might be interesting that some special superhero/superhero item be spawned during those fubar moments which automatically get the shuttle called like nar sie and ascendant. The problem is what exactly being a superhero should do. Destroying them outright should be out of the question but maybe being able to defend the crew somehow would be good.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #83316

On that note, the Owl hardsuit helmet and Eagle helmet (the Owl is the hardsuit, the Eagle is the patriot spacesuit - FREEDOM) need built-in special voice changers, that change your voice to 'The Owl' and 'The Eagle' respectively. Be the superhero this station needs... without giving yourself away by talking.