Enforcement Borg Module (Rebranding secborg)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Enforcement Borg Module (Rebranding secborg)

Post by peoplearestrange » #83556

So there still seems to be a lot of confusion over security borgs. People too often make the mistake, either playing as them or giving them orders, that they follow space law or a rank system on their default lawset.

Simply put they are not ACTUALLY security cyborgs and follow no obligation other than their current lawset.

So I propose two ideas (or both).

1. Reskin the borgs, a simple colour change (NT Blue or something) or new sprite to look like something other than a killing machine. Plus a renaming of the module to something like Enforcement Cyborg, or something that would reflect that they are there to enforce their current lawset/help defend the AI.

2. Allow borgs to be easily uploaded with an individual lawset, so for example, a new borg that chooses sec borg can be given the robocop lawset. Obviously I understand the AI upload can do this, but why would an asimov AI allow you to change one of its borgs to a potentially harmful lawset? It's just going to not let you in the upload etc.

So what do people think?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Enforcement Borg Module (Rebranding secborg)

Post by MisterPerson » #83557

You can directly use an upload module on an unslaved cyborg already.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #83560

this is the worst
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #83561

MisterPerson wrote:You can directly use an upload module on an unslaved cyborg already.
I know, thats why I said "Obviously I understand the AI upload can do this, but why would an asimov AI allow you to change one of its borgs to a potentially harmful lawset? It's just going to not let you in the upload etc"

:P

But still what about slaved borgs, which MOST of them will be.
allura wrote:this is the worst
Please give constructive feedback.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #83565

Rename them to valid hunt borg.
make them green because they prevent greentext.

Seriously though I suppose this *might* help, changing the designation and sprite and all that.
私は完璧
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #83567

Remie fix your mouse plz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #83579

Big red popup text that they have to click 3 separate checkboxes and then press okay before it lets them playing saying

YOU DO NOT FOLLOW SPACE LAW, ONLY YOUR OWN SILICON LAWS

There, fixed.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #83583

peoplearestrange wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:You can directly use an upload module on an unslaved cyborg already.
I know, thats why I said "Obviously I understand the AI upload can do this, but why would an asimov AI allow you to change one of its borgs to a potentially harmful lawset? It's just going to not let you in the upload etc"

Disconnect the borg first using its wires, then update the laws. You can also use a multitool on the body to start it unslaved.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #83585

The second you tried to hack the borg to unslave it from the AI it would probably arrest you because muh potential harm.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83588

"borg I have a supercap for you"
"Beep boop thanks!"
PDA the RD to get him to lock it, remove battery before it can yawp to the AI.
Cut AIsync and lawsync.
Slap module on it
Restore battery, remind it the AI's laws are the same as before, get the RD to unlock it, then PDA the AI so it doesn't go :s SECBORG UNSYCED ROBO EMAGGED IT
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83589

peoplearestrange wrote:

allura wrote:this is the worst
Please give constructive feedback.
Wait, I think you misunderstood Mister Person.
He doesn't mean you can use the boards of the cyborg console, he means you can use the boards directly onto any unslaved borg with it's cover open.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #83613

OOoh I did misunderstand! I didn't know that! Cheers!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #83686

I like the idea of a rebrand and a new paint job, that sounds fair enough and could well help with the typical secborg attitude.
Allow borgs to be easily uploaded with an individual lawset
I don't like this idea so much, unless they're already unslaved (in which case it's already not too hard). Security borgs are a really important tool for the AI, especially a rogue AI, and then especially in a case where an AI is unintentionally rogue (i.e. it's not traitor or malf, and so it doesn't have unique powers). Making AIs that are 'being good' less able to use this tool (which is pretty much the only cyborg that can actually shift people around, since flashes were nerfed) seems a bit unfair. I get that sometimes security cyborgs follow Space Law too zealously, but taking them away from the AI is punishing the AI for something it didn't do.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #83706

Why the hell would you want an AI with a different lawset than the borgs that supposedly listen to it?

That's even worse than the situations people cry about because they can't murder a dude in front of an asimov borg.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #83733

^
This is all that was ever needed.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #83758

I am all for this, as long as it is purely a reskin. No nerfs involved. This is should purely be a behavior based change. I have had problems with some of my Secborgs going Robocop on me before, but short lockdown usually fixes the more disobedient ones. This has my support, as long as no actual code is changed, only the name and sprite set.

While you are at it, give the new borgs a movement spriteset as well! Those look AMAZING on borgs.