Admin buttons you'd like to see

A place to record your ideas for the game.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Admin buttons you'd like to see

Post by peoplearestrange » #84697

So fellow mins and/or users of the TG code. What buttons would you like to see added to the game.

After last nights failings of not understanding the nuke (*embarrassed face goes here*) I'd love to see a Delta button. So you can set an delta alert and timer on the nuke rather than having to do it manually via spawning a disc etc.

I'd also like to see a button to make shipwide announcements similar to if the AI uses the comms console, but be able to use it from observer. This is purely for a flavour thing so you can have announcements that dont have to come from Cent Comm for events and such.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Admin buttons you'd like to see

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #84701

1. A button for talking directly into people's headsets like a centcomm reply message except not from centcomm.

2. The option to duplicate custom var edited items so I don't have to do the same steps over and over.

3. A functioning BSA button
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #84713

Button that makes someone fart uncontrollably with the choking cloud and everything. Best used when situations look like they're about to turn into ERP.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #84722

A button that turns everyone into a random antag.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84730

Duplicate button
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #84731

Boom Boom Shake the Room
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #84737

ThatSlyFox wrote:A button that turns everyone into a random antag.
marked "Code Hotel Bravo Lima"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #84740

Allohsnackbar wrote:Boom Boom Shake the Room
What did that button ever do?
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #84796

Rave button.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84814

Wizardjenkins66 wrote:Rave button.
Its already possible to spawn a party button in. So that kinda be redundant.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #84818

I would like to see buttons either removed or heavily restricted from admin use.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #84823

Atticat wrote:I would like to see buttons either removed or heavily restricted from admin use.
I bet you're the life of the party
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84866

Atticat wrote:I would like to see buttons either removed or heavily restricted from admin use.
If you restrict a button from admins, then who is it for?

You also have to realise these buttons only make it easier to do functions we can already preform (generally) using proc calls or other verbs.
Curbing "button pressing" is the subject of another thread already so please use that (see here) , this is not that discussion.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #84888

Certain "event" buttons should just be removed because of how stupid they are.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #84893

bring back "space asshole" button 2k15

duplicate button is something i have planned, but it would be very buggy in any case.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84898

Bring back BOOM BOOM SHAKE THE ROOM
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #84914

Miauw wrote:bring back "space asshole" button 2k15
+1

How big was that .ogg anyway? Whatever, I'd gladly redownload it all the time.

Also, there should be a button that randomly selects one player and lets him press a badmin button. What could go wrong.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #84923

A 'reset to default' button in the debug tab? Would that be possible without entirely restarting the game world?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #84924

Balut wrote:
Miauw wrote:bring back "space asshole" button 2k15
+1

How big was that .ogg anyway? Whatever, I'd gladly redownload it all the time.

Also, there should be a button that randomly selects one player and lets him press a badmin button. What could go wrong.
What if they hit that button too
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #85031

Shaps wrote:
Balut wrote:Also, there should be a button that randomly selects one player and lets him press a badmin button. What could go wrong.
What if they hit that button too
it gets passed on to the next player
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #85075

A button that spawns two demigod luchador boxers with obscene amounts of health and extraordinary abilities like throws strong enough to send anyone our anything not bolted down flying through a couple of walls, ground slams that tear apart the station like bombs, punches that shoot mother fucking pulse lasers, and the ability to breathe fire. They have one objective and one objective only. Kill their rival demigod so they can ascend to become the omnipotent ruler of the station. God help the poor bastards foolish enough to stand between them and their mission.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #85830

I would like to see a button that replaces the target's blood with PURE PLASMA
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85853

They'd die instantly, having below 40% blood is instantly fatal
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #85865

A button that removes the player requirements for gamemodes but still enforces the minimum amount of antags required so gamemodes don't break codewise like using the debug mode workaround tends to do.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #86816

A button that allows us to spawn a fortune cookie with our custom message in it.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #86844

The kira button, spawns a journal at a random persons feet, If you write someones name in it, they die of a heart attack

Double points if you can haunt them as a "the faithless" mob that only they and others who touch the notebook can see.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #86847

Falamazeer wrote:The kira button, spawns a journal at a random persons feet, If you write someones name in it, they die of a heart attack

Double points if you can haunt them as a "the faithless" mob that only they and others who touch the notebook can see.
We should also be able to rip pages out, letting them keep that ability and letting you use it as a normal piece of paper. "Uh, yeah, RD? We have some minerals for you, we just need you to sign right here and we'll get them to you as soon as we can"
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #90987

A button that will spawn the alert messages and sounds from some other "random" event like a meteor wave or ion storm or blob outbreak, then five minutes or so later be all like "Whoops, false alarm" once the crew have raised their laundry bills.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #91050

Screemonster wrote:A button that will spawn the alert messages and sounds from some other "random" event like a meteor wave or ion storm or blob outbreak, then five minutes or so later be all like "Whoops, false alarm" once the crew have raised their laundry bills.
That's already both a real event and a button, though it doesn't say it was a false alarm.
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #91265

A button that spawns a Galactic Custodial Union cleanup squad, complete with mixed biohazard and Swat gear, and armed with all manner of cleaning supplies, acid grenades, and demoleculizers for maximum sanitation potential.

These guys would get called in on extended rounds where the station is a complete and utter shithole due to absence of janitorial maintenance.

I got the idea from a recent round in which I was allowed to exchange Wizard for Xenos, and it was either Stickymayhem or Bluespace who created a larger than normal, ad hoc team of 'Deathsquad Lite', in blue uniform jumpsuits, biohazard helmets, jackboots and basic laser weaponry, and they wound up being a lot more balanced, fun, and 'corporate' lore friendly than the overbearing full blown deathsquad or an ERT packing pulse guns and hardsuits.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91268

Just add a janitor ERT. It's been a dank may may on Bay ever since the ERT was implemented, but they had the right idea.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #91279

Yes, a full on janitorial ERT with tools to burn through newly constructed obstructions (old xeno nest walls, for example) could be great fun.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #91331

ThatSlyFox wrote:A button that allows us to spawn a fortune cookie with our custom message in it.
Quoting this because this is both minor and a great idea.

Also, Janitor Emergency Response Party is the only Emergency Response Party I will ever be okay with.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #92095

A button that turns everyone with an Assistant ID into a drone. Let's make them useful!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92100

On that note, a button that turns all Command staff into lizards.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #92111

TheNightingale wrote:A button that turns everyone with an Assistant ID into a drone. Let's make them useful!
The sheer amount of butthurt would be amazing.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #92122

QuartzCrystal wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:A button that turns everyone with an Assistant ID into a drone. Let's make them useful!
The sheer amount of butthurt would be amazing.
But Assistants always want all-access and free toolboxes... we're just giving them what they want, right?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #92124

Tunder wrote:a larger than normal, ad hoc team of 'Deathsquad Lite', in blue uniform jumpsuits, biohazard helmets, jackboots and basic laser weaponry, and they wound up being a lot more balanced, fun, and 'corporate' lore friendly than the overbearing full blown deathsquad or an ERT packing pulse guns and hardsuits.
:^)

Trialmins don't have access to normal ert buttons so that was a ghetto attempt at making one. If copy paste was a thing, you could expect to see more things like this, since manually spawning in and dressing up a team takes a fair amount of time.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.