RE-ADD PRISON STATION

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Malkevin

Re: RE-ADD PRISON STATION

Post by Malkevin » #102688

Bottom post of the previous page:

Amnestik wrote:This isn't the first time I've seen you post this picture, and each time I'm bugged by the fact we're expected to accept that this elaborate setup has been created for an event that lasts about 20 seconds and isn't that impressive to begin with.

Express your supposed power and superiority in a more convincing way, please.

Plus look at those lonely, empty chairs. Those are all your friends. You have more chairs empty than filled there.

I feel obligated to mention that this is a drunk post.
Troll harder cum stain, I'd like to see what contraptions you've come up with.

Its a gas chamber thats completely reuseable without having to suck the plasma back to Atmos and then ask them to give you a refilled canister, other people have found it impressive.

Whats the chairs got to do with anything?
They're empty because this is a mock up I had to do on an offline server, because the three times I tried building it on the live server everytime I'd just about finished it the shuttle was called.

Really, you're just coming across as a retard - and unless you're a ruski its far too early in the day to be drunk, sounds like you have some major personal issues you should try resolving before annoying people with weak bait.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #102689

The only time people don't get circsawed and bodybagged is when the AI permits

Anyways prisonstation looks cool, do it
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #102692

Scones wrote:I'm still the only HoS I know of who pulls out the firing squad.

Seriously, if you want a showy execution, that's the way to do it
I used to do it quite often but I kept finding security officers would end up shooting each other all the time.

Plus years of oppressive admin policy have driven off the security player that isn't a huge gaping vagina.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #102698

I still prefer the electric chair in the brig access. Very public.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #102701

I used to do that too.

I'd stick a proxy+signaller assembly under the chair so it'd zap Mr Crispy everytime someone walked by.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102706

I like to bust out the firing line on Basil whenever i have enough officers. Which is almost never
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #102719

Even though I loved the Prison Station(and was a proponent of it in the day) I've always been a little torn. I think, in this form, it would work. As such, this has my vote of confidence.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #102720

What if the prison station was located on the same z-level, but had a fixed teleporter or telepad to reach it?
Ricotez wrote:You're supposed to keep executions subtle.
But that's no fun :(
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #102750

I was always fond of the prison station. Fortifying it gives a better last stand than HUNT THE LOCKERMAN or whatever and then there is fun stuff like finding a traitor made it their private cubbyhole while you were away.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #102760

Would teleporter-based access be more ideal than using a shuttle? I imagine security would just turn all their prisoners into fly-people for shits and giggles.

Also, move the old voidsuits from the abandoned telesat to the new prison station. That way if you see anyone in them you it's a red flag for an escapee.
Mime: Depresso
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #102794

invisty wrote:Would teleporter-based access be more ideal than using a shuttle? I imagine security would just turn all their prisoners into fly-people for shits and giggles.

Also, move the old voidsuits from the abandoned telesat to the new prison station. That way if you see anyone in them you it's a red flag for an escapee.
That would actually be a clever way for sec to identity escapees. I'm pretty sure you can't de-fly yourself. Teleporter would be a simpler solution in general. One telepad leads to the prisoner area, one leads to the staff area. One telepad in a reinforced room on the prison leads back to the station.
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #102799

I agree, a teleporter could be a sound solution. Also, the station should be on the station z-level to make escape easier (and hunkering down in rev possible). Heads hunkering down in the prison station is more fun than ASSAULT ON BRIG or hunting down the HOP roaming maint disguised as a assistant/hiding in maint behind false walls.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #102831

Tornadium wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Then what's the point of a prison station if we're just going to extend perma out by about 20 meter's?
I'm not talking 20 meters. I'm talking distance from bottom of engi to bridge and adding the retractable bridge.
literally impossible
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102833

Miauw wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Then what's the point of a prison station if we're just going to extend perma out by about 20 meter's?
I'm not talking 20 meters. I'm talking distance from bottom of engi to bridge and adding the retractable bridge.
literally impossible
Why is that?

Couldn't you just have a trigger to delete or spawn a few tiles per tick? I know very little about the capabilities of byond unfortunately.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #102835

Tornadium wrote:
Miauw wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
literally impossible
Why is that?

Couldn't you just have a trigger to delete or spawn a few tiles per tick? I know very little about the capabilities of byond unfortunately.
Sure, you could have a massive bridge "shuttle" that goes to an inaccessible z-level when deactivated, that would be too long to reasonably use and prone to various bugs.

Or you could poof them into prison with a telepad that already exists and is perfectly functional.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102836

Luke Cox wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
Miauw wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
literally impossible
Why is that?

Sure, you could have a massive bridge "shuttle" that goes to an inaccessible z-level when deactivated, that would be too long to reasonably use and prone to various bugs.

Or you could poof them into prison with a telepad that already exists and is perfectly functional.
I prefer the fun that comes with various bugs.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #102838

Tornadium wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
Miauw wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
literally impossible
Why is that?

I prefer the fun that comes with various bugs.
I don't think the people who actually have to make and implement this share the same sentiment.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #102843

Teleporter is bad, either you're putting the receiving beacon somewhere where sec would have to then take the prisoner to the actual prison area (which has the problems of: a. the prisoner would be free of your grip as soon as you shove them in the teleporter, requiring you to stun them first; b. the sec officer has zero way of knowing whats on the other side and can't make any form of egress if the convicts have broken out and are waiting in ambush) or the teleporter goes directly to the prison area which would just be too easy...
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #102852

there's not enough space for a huge fucking walkway, it'd be lame and buggy and etc.

i wouldn't mind a prison station on the same Z as the station, could be cool, but you'd have to use transfer tubes or a small shuttle.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102967

Transfer tubes wouldn't mesh with prisoner transport, so it'd have to be a same-level shuttle.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #102975

No reason not to use a shuttle
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #102977

Don't we already have same level shuttle with the syndie shuttle?
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #102987

Here's what I'm thinking about prison station. It looks cool but it needs to be fleshed out more.

If you want I could come up with something. However the biggest thing I think it needs is a security C&C room thats isolated from the rest of the station.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #103013

Malkevin wrote:Teleporter is bad, either you're putting the receiving beacon somewhere where sec would have to then take the prisoner to the actual prison area (which has the problems of: a. the prisoner would be free of your grip as soon as you shove them in the teleporter, requiring you to stun them first; b. the sec officer has zero way of knowing whats on the other side and can't make any form of egress if the convicts have broken out and are waiting in ambush) or the teleporter goes directly to the prison area which would just be too easy...
I'm not talking about the regular teleporter like the main one on the station. I'm talking telescience telepads that beam to a fixed location on the prison station. One would be for prisoners, and beam directly into a reception area. The other would be for security, and beam into a security office on the prison station. There would be another telepad in the security office leading back to the sec wing.