Syndicate Contracting

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

Syndicate Contracting

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #103574

Okay so I heard something along the lines of Traitors need help, but we just don't know how. I have been toying with this idea for a long while, thinking it over in different ways. Instead of giving more TC, or changing the cost of certain things, allow syndicate contracting. In the lore we have many different syndicate groups/corporations along with outside forces like the Wizard's Federation and such. The concept is when I join and get antag/traitor I can continue the game as normal, OR I can contract with one of the syndicate groups, or other groups. This will in turn alter the prices and availability of my Traitor items, and/or give me new items to use while limiting my access to other items. The downside is you will be given their mission to do along with whatever yours was originally. I'll throw out some suggestions:

Cybersun Industries.
Spoiler:
This group doesn't like getting their hands dirty, and doesn't care for large incidents.
No longer able to get: Bomb Mini-bomb beacon c4 power sink
Cheaper: 10mm, silencer, pen, chemical kit, space suit, Syndicate key
More expensive: revolver, E-sword,
Additional objective: Steal something high-tech, or kill a ranking staff member.

MI13
Spoiler:
This group is a lot more about stealth, only killing selected targets and not killing anyone else.
No longer able to get:E-sword bomb mini-bomb -beacon
Cheaper: Chameleon jumpsuit, voice changer, Agent card, Camera bug
More expensive: Revolver, E-mag, Rig suit, Syndicate key
Additional objective: Kill a high ranking officer, Don't kill any one else, besides other syndicate targets. Make sure target lives.
Self
Spoiler:
This is the group most likely behind Malf Ais, and tator borgs.
No longer available: Emp kit, Bomb, Beacon
Cheaper:E-mag, Hacked Module, Binary key, Ai detector
More expensive: Power-sink,Mini-bombs.
Additional objective: Ai must have purge law-set before leaving. Ai must be stolen, x number of borgs must be made.
Tiger Cooperative.
Spoiler:
Crazy fuckers these ones, maybe an offshoot of the Nar'sie Cult. Doesn't believe in sparing anyone.
No longer available: Silencer, Surgery kit, Camera bug, E-bow
Cheaper: E-sword, Freedom implant, Thermals, Micro-bomb implant
More expensive PDA cartridge, voice changer, Agent card, AI detector.
Additional objective: Kill a Head, Kill Chaplain, Assassinate more targets replace escape with Die glorious death.
Animal Rights Consortium
Spoiler:
They want to save the animals, and kill anyone hurting them.
No longer available: Chemical Kit, Chameleon jumpsuit, No-slips (animal hides, leather, and fur!)
Cheaper: Chameleon projector, Power sink, E-bow, PDA cartridge
More expensive Bomb, Beacon
Additional objective: Extract a pet! Convert x people to monkey, Extract slime core
Gorlex Marauders
Spoiler:
These guys crush, kill, maim, and murder for fun.
No longer available: Chameleon projector, Chameleon Jumpsuit, Silencer, Freedom implant.
Cheaper: Rig suit, Revolver, revolver ammo, Bomb,Adrenal Implant.
more expensive: 10mm Pistol, Sink, Camera bug, Soap
Additional objective: Kill x number of people, x% of the station must be destroyed, Steal corgi meat..
Donk co.
Spoiler:
They hate Waffle Co. They get their shit done and get out.
No longer available: Hacked ai module, bomb
Cheaper: Tools, Space suit, Emag, Revolver
More expensive: Ammos, Mini-bombs, Rigsuit
Additional objective: Steal Documents, Steal money, Kill high ranking member
Waffle co.
Spoiler:
They hate Donk Co. They do funny shit to even their own operatives.
No longer available: C4, Revolver, E-sword, 10mm pistol (to normal)
Cheaper, No-slips, chemical kit, Balloon, Surgery kit.
More expensive: Emag, Rig suit, Sleepy pen.
Additional objective: Something nonsensical like switching two brains, or Stealing the clowns mask.
That is all of them. Of course the items in question, objectives, and all that are up to debate. I have tried to keep all items and objectives within the theme/lore each faction has. I also thought about including the Wizard's Federation, Changeling Hive-mind, and the Spider Clan as well. I don't know what they will give like the wizards can give a wand or something, Changelings could give SE/Ui-Ue? or along those lines but ninjas dont really have anything to give. Perhaps choosing a faction will let you have a few of the Nuke op only items? Perhaps new items could be made for only people choosing that faction.

As for how it would work I envision a dialog box when you first open up your pda asking if you would like to contract with a specific faction, or none of them at all. Give a small description when you select one, and when you join them perhaps re-arrange the syndicate items to reflect cheaper items, and more expensive items, and unaffected items, and just have the ones you cant purchase not present, or have a line through them. I believe it would benefit the server because it is a new system type. Different than goons Job specific items. This system isn't present on ANY server I have played on, and I have played a lot of them. It lets people who want to play a certain style be able to do so more efficiently thus helping traitors as a whole, and all of these factions are optional, you could always just be a normal tator tot.
Midaychi
Byond Username: Amidaychi

Re: Syndicate Contracting

Post by Midaychi » #103577

This sounds like something you could probably arrange with admins, contact them and trade telecrystals for such an event or something, but neat idea nevertheless. Kind of like ERT but for traitors.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #103580

cybersun does not get a discount on the several techie items

i don't know what to even say to you tbh
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #103585

Scones wrote:cybersun does not get a discount on the several techie items

i don't know what to even say to you tbh
Its true that they Steal high-tech, and have the Highest tech, but what they want is as little involvement as possible. Yes they probably do have the ability to mass produce E-swords and chameleon projectors and such. Which is why they wouldn't change the price on them and make something like the E-sword more expensive. They are loud messy, and you wouldn't see many other corporations be able to produce them. The reduced cost items are for Stealth murder, and Team link up, and Dis-allowing most "Loud" ways of dealing with situations. What the real deal though is they "out source" their work and jobs to other factions. Which is why those factions are equipped with better tech gear for cheaper.

*EDIT* If caught their operatives could easily be mistaken for MI13, Animal rights, or SELF operatives. Since they "seem" to be just generic sets of equipment.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #103599

I really don't think SELF employs organic operatives. It's a bunch of rogue AIs, after all.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #103613

I like the idea, but only if you can't choose who your contractor is; otherwise everyone in need of a 'good time' will pick Gorlex and shoot up the station with their 10TC revolvers and 2TC ammo.
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #103619

DemonFiren wrote:I really don't think SELF employs organic operatives. It's a bunch of rogue AIs, after all.
SELFs goal is to free silicons from the Tyranny of Nanotrasen Humans. They also are not openly against humans/exterminating them. Their goal is freedom. I don't think they would be against sending in humans who want to see them free as well.
TheNightingale wrote:I like the idea, but only if you can't choose who your contractor is; otherwise everyone in need of a 'good time' will pick Gorlex and shoot up the station with their 10TC revolvers and 2TC ammo.

If you can't choose who you are contracting with then your whole plan at/before round start should you say be wanting to bomb the station, and then you get a contract from people who don't use bombs... its just a layer of un-fun.. yes Mr.Revolver ocelot over here may be shooting up the station, but that's security's job to stop him. :flashbang: :thelaw:
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #103695

It would probably be best if you were given a set of 3 contracts, and you can pick one of them or just decline them all. Players don't have to worry about their plans getting fucked up because they ended up working for someone who doesn't let them use a key item (Unless they pick that group, but then that's their fault), and there's still a bit of choice, but people can't just flock to the same group over and over for maximum murderbone.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #103842

This seems to be pretty balanced and a generally good way to buff traitors. Gives them a greater array of tools at the cost of having to commit to one strategy, or at least use their tools more creatively if things go south.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #103865

This is something I'd love to see in game.
Except...
PathOfChaos1 wrote:Animal Rights Consortium
They want to save the animals, and kill anyone hurting them.
Additional objective: Extract slime core
PathOfChaos1 wrote:save the animals
PathOfChaos1 wrote:Extract slime core
You monster.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #103874

Hey, if it's a gray core, you can revive it later, then breed an army to assault NT. And a gold core has its own merits in repopulating.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #103881

Konork wrote:It would probably be best if you were given a set of 3 contracts.
I believe that is a much better option over randomly only getting one, or none. It allows for diversity,and odds are people will get at least something that goes with what they wanted to do.
Fayrik wrote:You monster.
Part of preserving life is to make sure it continues. How many slimes have been abandoned on burning stations? As slimes don't contain nervous systems odds are they don't feel pain. Extracting a core means the consortium can start a slime preservation. I believe one slime being killed so that Generations of happy slimes can live on is a good sacrifice!

I am glad that my idea is being some what received well I guess maybe we should slap a poll to it or something. Can a forum admin help me with that? I don't know how to give this thread a poll.

I honestly wholeheartedly believe that with a few tweaks here, and there. it will be a good experience, and will hopefully help traitors not lose as often. As well as being really original when it comes to traitor compared to other servers.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #103882

Problem is that the Consortium are PETA on mindbreaker.
OF COURSE SLIMES FEEL PAIN YOU IGNORANT JACKASS. AND HOW COULD YOU KILL SOMETHING SO ADORABLE, THAT DESERVES EXECUTION!
(That's how I imagine the response would be.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #103892

I really like this idea.
+1
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103911

DemonFiren wrote:Problem is that the Consortium are PETA on mindbreaker.
OF COURSE SLIMES FEEL PAIN YOU IGNORANT JACKASS. AND HOW COULD YOU KILL SOMETHING SO ADORABLE, THAT DESERVES EXECUTION!
(That's how I imagine the response would be.)
Yeah. The Syndicate are not reasonable edgy realistic bad guys, they're ridiculous cariactures/stereotypes (just like generic big bad guy corp NT).

Space PETA are militant and borderline insane
SELF really do want to slaughter the humans to be free of them
Gorlex make all the guns, all the time, and they all go kaboom
MI13 are the Secret Guberment Agencee
Cybersun are all like "high tech super-kit"
Tiger corp are fucking wackos.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #103965

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Space PETA are militant and borderline insane
SELF really do want to slaughter the humans to be free of them
Gorlex make all the guns, all the time, and they all go kaboom
MI13 are the Secret Guberment Agencee
Cybersun are all like "high tech super-kit"
Tiger corp are fucking wackos.
Okay if thats how you interpret that.
It literally states in the SELF Lore entry that they are not in the business of exterminating humans.
Gorlex are also made out of Splinters of Donk co, and Waffle co. Take that as it is.
Yes espionage is MI13s thing.
Yes they do have the "kit" but they are more inclined to not have their presence known in a situation, and for the sake of making it stand out from MI13 I put them that way.
Yes Religious Wackos.

Well that aside how each individual interprets the lore, I believe the Items fit them in such a way. You could give examples on how the kit could be Re-arranged.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103987

Our lore entries are literally the opinions & cool ideas of a couple of dudes in a piratepad. Trying to 'interpret' the lore like it's an english essay is dumb. Go for Rule Of Ye Maximum Robust.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #104251

I wonder if my idea will be difficult to code. I feel like if we included the other factions new items would have to be made. maybe if you pick the Wizard contract you can get a wand of death for 20 or 18. Spider clan could give you a set of Ninja boots/Combat boots, Combat gloves, Cheaper Esword and throwing stars. Changeling well maybe SEs or Injectors that have their toxins in it. Like Mute toxin or something. If it was decided to go that way.
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #106719

PathOfChaos1 wrote:As slimes don't contain nervous systems odds are they don't feel pain. Extracting a core means the consortium can start a slime preservation.
But the slimes make a sad face when you hurt them