Allow people to build their own AIO grinders

A place to record your ideas for the game.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Allow people to build their own AIO grinders

Post by J_Madison » #110607

After having a chat with MSO about a bug with disassembling AIO grinders (found in bar, kitchen, hydroponics, chemistry, xenobiology) and an interesting glitch that occurs afterward, we came to the conclusion that tgstation13 doesn't actually allow you to build your own AIO grinder, which would be beneficial in case any of those locations somehow lose their grinder (bomb) or someone requires a grinder but cannot access those locations (fire, slime breakout, AI malfunction).

My suggestion is you can create grinders by using the usual method (machine frame, wire, board, parts, screwdriver)

If you're interested in the glitch as admins/coders/staff, shoot me a PM and I'll brief you on it.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Re: Allow people to build their own AIO grinders

Post by Akkryls » #110610

I always would've liked the end goal that the entire station should be rebuildable. Unfortunately this is limited by either not having construction methods (Blast shutters, door switches etc.) or by balance.
It seems that coders are attempting to rectify this lately, with grinders and other stuff now being buildable by science.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #110629

J_Madison wrote:After having a chat with MSO about a bug with disassembling AIO grinders (found in bar, kitchen, hydroponics, chemistry, xenobiology) and an interesting glitch that occurs afterward, we came to the conclusion that tgstation13 doesn't actually allow you to build your own AIO grinder, which would be beneficial in case any of those locations somehow lose their grinder (bomb) or someone requires a grinder but cannot access those locations (fire, slime breakout, AI malfunction).

My suggestion is you can create grinders by using the usual method (machine frame, wire, board, parts, screwdriver)

If you're interested in the glitch as admins/coders/staff, shoot me a PM and I'll brief you on it.
iirc there's a crate coded in that comes with a grinder + a bunch of plants, i dont know if you can actually get it from cargo or not but it is in the code
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #110645

Akkryls wrote:I always would've liked the end goal that the entire station should be rebuildable. Unfortunately this is limited by either not having construction methods (Blast shutters, door switches etc.) or by balance.
It seems that coders are attempting to rectify this lately, with grinders and other stuff now being buildable by science.

That would definitely be cool, although blast shutters in particular would be horribly abusable in, say, a gang round.