Malf/Gang mode?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Malf/Gang mode?

Post by Danowar » #117360

A remark in dead chat during one of the gang rounds yesterday got me thinking: what if the AI/Silicons could also be officially chosen as a "gang" of sorts for Gang mode? I mean, the objectives for both round types are kind of similar in their own ways, and with a few modifications I think that it could be an interesting twist on the typical Gang round.

-The AI cannot either cannot shunt, or Gangsters should have access to pinpointers once the AI goes Delta
-Instead of starting with all the Malf abilities available for purchase, the AI would have to hack APCs in order to generate points to buy abilities.
-Gang borgs could have access to purchasable nanomachine implants that converts crew members to their side by giving them a set of augmented limbs. These hybrid gangsters would be similar to thralls.
-Blackout and Machine Overload would be more expensive to use to compensate for the APC resource generating system
-The Robotic Factory ability could only be purchasable once a certain amount of hybrids were made. Hybrids that become borged would cause a slower cooldown time in comparison to borging regular crew-members.
-Borgs and hybrids could "bling" themselves out to armor themselves and generate resources similar to how gang uniforms work
-To combat the AI, human gangsters could either have their implant breaker modified to revert hybrid gangsters and hacked APCs, or have access to cheaper C4 to dispose of hacked APCs

I know this is a pretty dumb idea in general, but I think it could be potentially fun if tailored just right.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Malf/Gang mode?

Post by Helios » #649468

This would be a good idea. But with a few tweaks. Firstly, instead of the AI deciding what gang it wants to join, there are now an AI associated with each gang, who has a gang lawset. There is no "real" AI. There is 2-3 (population scaled) gang AIs. This has the side effect of not being hidden, as at the start of the round, when the crew starts asking the AI to open a door, and 3 different silicons start negotiating "I'll open that door if..." people will realize there are 3 different AIs, and react accordingly.
There can be a human gang lead(s) as in the regular gang mode, but with an additional AI+gangborg for each faction.
The gang AI+Borg can have their laws changed, but revert to their original laws when the gang hits 10 and 20 members.