Lets add Type/Moon Servants

A place to record your ideas for the game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Lets add Type/Moon Servants

Post by srifenbyxp » #120695

We have stands, why not add type/moon servants as well into the mix?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Re: Lets add Type/Moon Servants

Post by Amelius » #120697

Sure why not? As an admin-only button of course.

Jokes (maybe) aside, stands have wormed their way into many types of popular media, and Jojo has been massively influential for a number of works, whilst at the same time been selling like hotcakes for decades. Jojo even has it's own fucking Gucci clothing line for fucks sake.

Type/Moon is relatively unknown in comparison, and only really perused in the otaku/moe crowd.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #120698

Explain what type/moon servants are?
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #120702

Cheimon. To put it simply. Heroes/legends/etc. which were summoned by their masters to fight in the Holy Grail wars. The servants are(or atleast should) be figured from Legend, such as King Arthur, Alexander the Great, Hercules, Gilgamesh, etc.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #120706

This begs the question how much anime meme shit is too much?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120714

Why the fuck would you call them a "type moon servant" instead of "Ancient Ghosts"

fucking animooo
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #120721

It's been a while since I read FSN, but aren't the Servants normal physical beings once they get summoned (with magic powers of course)?

Who would summon them and how would they work in game? Wizard would be the obvious choice but it sounds like they'd fill the some role as an apprentice does now.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #120723

Kor, well, outside of multi-wizard rounds(which would be admin only), there would be no way to have them summoned which makes sense. Also, Dorsi, obviously you would call them Heroes or Legends.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #120762

No more weeabo shit please.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #120766

Redblaze3000 wrote:No more weeabo shit please.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #120767

what
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120784

so if they're ancients then would they have these sprites or what
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #120884

Cheimon wrote:Explain what type/moon servants are?
1. Look at des
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Servant_classes

2. Proceed to >
[youtube]uvbaM-URygs[/youtube]

Also a friendly reminder, Phobe fucks old men for money.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #120890

Or we could just have smelting silly swords etc in game game then you can cosplay in a game like dweebception.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120927

Animoo ghosts got turned into angry holograms, hah
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #120935

Doesn't the Multiverse Sword already come pretty close to this?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #120966

Thanks for the explanations. I'm really not convinced we need this, and I'm not convinced the game is improved by adding more animish stuff either (looking at you, catgirls).

Especially if it's only going to be admin-spawned. Things that have meaningful gameplay considerations and fit with the current theme seem more fun.
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #120999

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Animoo ghosts got turned into angry holograms, hah
There's actually a thing in Guardian code that can classify them as biological, magical, or technological, with different flavor text and icons, it's just that the new traitor thing is the technological version.