[Tacticool] Weapon Attachments

A place to record your ideas for the game.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

[Tacticool] Weapon Attachments

Post by TheNightingale » #126111

So, you can attach a Seclite to an energy gun, hybrid taser, or the HoS's gun. By turning it on, it provides light.
I propose that:

* The attachment function be added to other weapons, such as the laser gun, shotguns (not sawn-offs), and autorifle
* This function be extended to other types of attachment, through the same mechanism as Seclites (use on gun to add; screwdriver to remove):
** Bayonet (from one kitchen knife); adds 10 brute damage to a melee attack with the weapon
** Grenade launcher (from pipe; must add modular receiver to complete); allows the user to fire self-priming grenades (Chemistry, flashbang, etc)
** Laser sight (from laser pointer); fires the laser pointer when the gun is fired, potentially flashing the target
** Donut holder (from donut box); allows the user to Alt-click the gun to withdraw a donut

Now you too can be a tacticool operator with a teargas riot shotgun or a donut-holding taser. (You can only have one attachment at once, though, sorry.)
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: [Tacticool] Weapon Attachments

Post by Gun Hog » #126122

The laser pointer idea died, but the code for it is simple: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/11993 . If it is reworked to be activated by attaching a LAM (Laser Aiming Module), then it would be fantastic!

Guns should take normal flashlights instead of just seclites.

I like the Bayonet idea, 10/10 would ship!

Grenade launcher sounds hilarious, and would give a use to the nigh worthless modular receiver item.

Donut holder....lol....
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #126124

The M-90 Rifle uses a grenade launcher.

It might be interesting to look at making Syndi weapons more modular so instead of buying the M90 with a Nade Launcher you instead can buy the Nade Launcher, or other attachments, individually. Would also make the M90 cheaper.

The Colonial Marines server does attachments well, might be a good source of inspiration.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #126137

I'd love the bayonet idea. Would be great if it worked with other station knives too, like the energy dagger, hatchet, spear (I dunno, you could totally make a ghetto shortspear), switchblade, scalpel, and so on. Basically anything small and sharp.
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #126247

I love the tactical donut holder, probably the best idea here.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #126393

Only if I can attach my esword to my laser gun will I be on board for the bayonet. It's too cool to not be able to do.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #126479

Energy swords are too long to fit on a laser gun. An energy dagger, though... maybe. Just maybe.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126498

TheNightingale wrote:Energy swords are too long to fit on a laser gun. An energy dagger, though... maybe. Just maybe.
anything can be a bayonet with enough duct tape
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #126614

TheNightingale wrote:Energy swords are too long to fit on a laser gun. An energy dagger, though... maybe. Just maybe.
A lightsaber handle is about the size of a maglite (And thus, a seclite), and energy has very, very little mass.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126617

Yeah an esword handle is tiny
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #126627

Gah! I've been... out-physics'd! Turns out Syndicate HQ has released new schematics for an energy sword. It fits on a bayonet lug now.
(WW1 bayonets were freakishly long[, I suppose.)

We still need sprites and code, though.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #126706

Ambush Sight: analyzer+infrared emitter on weapon, and is included as a HUD icon. Attachment must toggled off and on. While toggled on, the Ambush Sight will emit a beam in a straight path and will analyze the span of the beam. Once a target is detected intercepting or approximating the beam, the weapon will fire automatically until the target exits the sight's detection beam. Perfect for scoping out an airlock or maint shaft or narrow hallway or tight space.

Reflex Sight: analyzer+prox sensor on weapon. Reflex Sight, retaliatory assault system that detects and responds to threats automatically. Attachment will recognize threats based on proximity and intent. Amount of responsive force can be toggled before installment with the option to automatically respond with 1 shot and 3 shots. System can be toggled off and on while mounted and will respond to aggressors who throw items at user, aggressors that use ranged weaponry at user, and aggressors that attack at close range.

Ranged Combat Sight: camera+analyzer on weapon. System uses camera to gain an extended visual past the user's line of sight, and uses the analyzer as a monitor to observe targeting. User can then coordinate fire in real-time via the interactive HUD and snap back into actual position instantly.

Telescopic/Folding Stock: weapon's stock is replaced by a more compact stock that reduces its bulkiness and allows them to fit on armor, belts, or bags. (Probs impossible to implement, and would need way more sprites but could be cool)

Universal Combat Sear: drop-in, select fire sear for open bolt, detachable magazine-fed weapons. Installing the sear allows the weapon to have a new degree of firepower. Ideal for weapons that are normally semiautomatic, the UCS gives the user the option to fire semiautomatically as usual as well as a two-shot("double tap") burst. Compatible with the FK-69 pistol, Bulldog shotgun and many other semiautomatic ballistic weapons.

Muzzle brake: advanced, high quality muzzle brake designed to quickly disperse propellant gas and drastically reduce recoil and improve stability. this reduces the user's effort to reposition the weapon, allowing for faster follow-up shots.

Combat Shot-Spread Choke: device tightens shot spread over a longer distance to accommodate use in medium-range combat. Will tighten the spread of lead and rubber shot and many more, compatible with 12g shotguns.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #126798

i suggest attaching a bike horn to the gun replaces it's firing sounds with honks

fund this 200x please