Spacetime Anomalies

A place to record your ideas for the game.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Spacetime Anomalies

Post by WJohnston » #128198

We already have the space part of the spacetime anomaly event, what if we had one more centered around time itself? Could do some wacky stuff like changing the tick rate (if possible), spawning wizard timestop effects everywhere, applying slowdown/speedup to people randomly etc.

If this is too little of an event by itself, maybe it could be merged with our existing spacetime anomaly where wurmholes are spawned, then we can have wurmholes, movement speed changes, and timestop effects *all at once*.
Apparently I was an director or something.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Spacetime Anomalies

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128423

i think we could make it more of a "gravity malfunction" event, where when it happens the screen shakes like when the grav gen goes out, but everybody suddenly goes sonic speeds
Attention, crew:
The gravitational generator is currently experiencing a minor malfunction due to programming error. It seems like gravity has been lightened by 300%. We are currently attempting to remotely fix this and should be done shortly.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #128430

PKPenguin321 wrote:i think we could make it more of a "gravity malfunction" event, where when it happens the screen shakes like when the grav gen goes out, but everybody suddenly goes sonic speeds
Attention, crew:
The gravitational generator is currently experiencing a minor malfunction due to programming error. It seems like gravity has been lightened by 300%. We are currently attempting to remotely fix this and should be done shortly.
that i could get behind, would make for some crazy yakkity sax chases. maybe make it so that any slip has the effect of lube since -300% grav (idk if thats how it'd really work with "real" physics)

i also like the idea of the space-time stops, though i doubt we could do something with ticks since i'd imagine that would fuck with things like atmos so horribly that it would lag everyone to heck, though i dont know shit about coding so someone more experienced would have to chime in there
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #128444

time anomalies should turn you into a regular sized fucking baby (resprited monkey)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #128566

Super Aggro Crag wrote:time anomalies should turn you into a regular sized fucking baby (resprited monkey)
I'm waiting for the lifeweb crew to start playing ss13 again :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current