SCP map and gamemode

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

SCP map and gamemode

Post by Smoopadoop » #129584

I think that the whole way ss13 works could be applied to a SCP facility.
Most jobs remain the same, but some are removed, changed, or added anew to accomodate this.
Assistant would be replaced by class-D personnel, which are to be used for testing. If they are killed in testing, they can spawn as a DIFFERENT D-class, but ONLY if killed in testing.
A second type of security would exist, for guarding cells and things.
Some science job which wouldn't be required in the gamemode would be replaced by a job which is given objectives to test the SCPs, and record information. Every, I don't know, 10 minutes, if they have completed their test objective, the are given a new one. The objectives would have to be specific to each SCP, but lots of generic ones could exist (find reaction to random D-class in their cell, or if allergic to plasma, something like that)
Maybe more jobs, not sure.
There would be a few empty spaces in the map which, on roundstart, would become the containment cells for a few SCPs which would be randomly chosen. The SCP chosen would determine what kind of cell is there, as each SCP has their own containment procedures. A few sentient and non-sentient SCPs would be chosen, with the sentient ones controlled by players. Some SCPs are antags, while some are not. SCP antag roles would change depending on which SCP it is, but normally it would be normal things like kill someone, or a certain amount of people, or escape. Sometimes, however, it would be something like steal a certain item and take it back to your cell, or mess with a certain part of the station (give the AI an evil law, destroy a certain few machines, or something like that). SPCs which aren't antags would probably be given something to do but I'm not really sure what it could be.

What do you think?
I'm sure this could work if we do it right.
I'll try and help you implement it if you choose to do it
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: SCP map and gamemode

Post by Zilenan91 » #129586

It's a decent idea, but the amount of effort that would need to go into it just wouldn't really be feasible. You'd need an entire team for something like this.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #129599

this seems like it would be a branch to a different BYOND game entirely rather than a gamemode, to be quite honest
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #129633

Smoopadoop wrote: Assistant would be replaced by class-D personnel, which are to be used for testing.
oh man, a job dedicated to dying. exciting.
If they are killed in testing, they can spawn as a DIFFERENT D-class, but ONLY if killed in testing.
literally impossible to code
A second type of security would exist, for guarding cells and things.
oh man, a job dedicated to standing in the same place for the entire round. exciting
Some science job which wouldn't be required in the gamemode
why not add a new one
would be replaced by a job which is given objectives to test the SCPs, and record information. Every, I don't know, 10 minutes, if they have completed their test objective, the are given a new one. The objectives would have to be specific to each SCP, but lots of generic ones could exist (find reaction to random D-class in their cell, or if allergic to plasma, something like that)
yes because hardcoding SCPs is not going to result in people quickly losing novelty and just powergaming the shit out of them, right?
Maybe more jobs, not sure.
if there's no reason for more jobs to exist, then dont add more jobs???
What do you think?
there's no reason to add 500 badly designed, probably buggy and quickly non-spooky antags if we can't even make a few (ninja, ling, cult) work properly. this thread doesn't actually contain any suggestions other than "HEY LETS PORT SCP THAT SOUND COOL RITE?
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #129645

scp is for babies