New Job:Prisoner.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

New Job:Prisoner.

Post by Helios » #129670

When being an Assistant wasn't low enough of a job.
These people start in Gulag/Perma, with a prisoner ID, and their items in a locker on station. They have a pre-generated crime on their record and stuff.
Also, they have a higher chance of spawning as an antagonist.
Basically, something for security/warden to do at the start. If we want to take valids a step further, if perma prisoners are broken out, they are allowed to help whoever broke them out.
And if you want to take it a step further, instead of banning people, you can temporarily job-ban them from everything except Prisoner.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: New Job:Prisoner.

Post by Saegrimr » #129673

Yes lets reward people who are being terrible with better antag chances.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Helios

Post by Helios » #129675

If you were job banning them, presumably wouldn't you also antag ban them?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #129677

I don't think there's ever been a point in time where someone has done something terrible enough in a particular job while also breaking one of the very few antag restrictions we have.

Maybe toxins bombing fellow cultists or something.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129683

I actually like being a prisoner sometimes. It's a shame I have to do something heinous to get in there.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #129705

Sounds like a great idea to me.
Helios

Post by Helios » #129710

The idea I have is that it's a job that would give players their "valid kills", but it'd also put them in perma to start, where they usually commit suicide.
A catch 22 to the valid wanters
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #129727

I find it ironically quite hard to get perma'd now, since sec usually will just valid me instead.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #129733

i could go for a job like this if it meant i could actually help the station as a side miner, maybe going on a quest to redeem myself back to assistanthood. the idea of breaking someone out to help them though could be hard because of z levels and that kind of shit
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #129793

perhaps prisoner could be a side-antag spawned at round start. It makes more sense than implementing it as an actual job.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129795

>play prisoner for that mad antag chance
>roll ling
>waltz out of prison via vents
ayy gg

making it it's own antag type would make more sense, like a traitor minus objectives/an uplink
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #129866

Sounds interesting, only there would need to be something done about completing your labor quota and walking free with security suddenly metaing you back into prison for 'mite b antag'
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #129876

I've been planning something similar but with it being a mid round occurrence in mind that pulls ghosts back in.

I just don't know where to spawn them/what the prerequisites for requesting a prisoner transfer should be.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #129886

Kor wrote:I've been planning something similar but with it being a mid round occurrence in mind that pulls ghosts back in.

I just don't know where to spawn them/what the prerequisites for requesting a prisoner transfer should be.
The gulag shuttle gets called out, prisoners are spawned, it comes back, sec get warned multiple times. Make it happen when all of sec are alive and very few antags are dead.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #130118

I don't recall if it was pre-donut goonstation, OpenSS13 or PA Station, but one of the really really old space station 13 servers (2007-08) did in fact have the job of "prisoner" and "test subject". With the former you spawned in a jail cell, with the latter, you spawned in medsci's (genetics today) monkey pen.

Server populations usually maxed at 10 back then though, so playing any of these jobs was a very bad idea. It might not be a terrible idea to actually try this though.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #131538

I think at most a fair bit of prisoners get the chance to have the objective "hijack an escape pod or the emergency shuttle with no loyal to nt crew on it" though I love the idea
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #131548

Given how shitty our playerbase is that is a shit idea (I got abducted can I go on a a murder rampage pls) but as rp objectives it would be pretty cpol
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #131810

Wouldn't be a shit job if they had a larger percent chance of rolling an antag, if they just had objectives off the bat the job would be abused like a child in a church
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #131827

Without the antag status thing it could be an interesting idea for a job ban punishment. You fuck up bad enough and long enough you're job banned from everything but prisoner. Youhave a habit of doing shitty stuff over and over again? You want to play in the rounds? Well then you're going to have to work for it bitch.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #131852

Personally I think a full ban would be appropriate for someone who deserves a job ban from every job.

There used to be an admin prison on z-level 2, and commands still exist, however nobody used it, because it simply put the player there until the end of the round. The player could simply disconnect then and come back the next round. On the punishment front, there could be an admin prison which required players to be connected and serve a certain amount of time there. Unfortunately all that would end up happening is that people would just eat up server resources and likely AFK there, so a tempban is likely as good a punishment, without requiring server resources.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #131855

LiamLime wrote:There used to be an admin prison on z-level 2, and commands still exist, however nobody used it,
I use it often when I need to talk to someone about something important and they don't want to stand around busy typing at me in the hall and get killed by something randomly. That's about all it really does get used for though. There's really not much you can do on this server to warrant being taken out of the round by an admin as a punishment and not manage to get a timed ban.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #132003

an objective to break out of prison that specifically bans murdering/killing except with proper escalation, basically a limited antag could work.