Forehead tattoos

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Forehead tattoos

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131649

in the book "snow crash" the world is a ultracapitalist cyberpunk dystopia where corporations and the ultrarich are essentially nations unto themselves. since the police are privately funded, poorer communities brand criminals with tattoos on their foreheads listing their faults such as "poor impulse control" and "displays lack of racial sensitivity". i think it would be funny if our own corporate goon squad of security could be authorized to tattoo criminals with phrases such as "greytiding fuckwit" or "glove stealing buttface" visible on examine before releasing them back into the general populace.

some may say this will make it harder for traitors to impersonate people to which i respond: no it won't because traitors never impersonate anyone, don't fucking act like they do.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Forehead tattoos

Post by Jacquerel » #131654

traitors should be able to just scrawl their own tattoos on their head by attacking themselves with a pen
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131659

Jacquerel wrote:traitors should be able to just scrawl their own tattoos on their head by attacking themselves with a pen
well i was gonna suggest there being a tattooist job but people hate adding in new jobs cuz "wow it doesn't have enough to do" despite us still having librarian and lawyer sometimes an easy rp job is more fun than being an Assistant so i figure it'd be more likely to get the framework for a tattooing system in if i suggest it as a way for security to abuse their power over prisoners.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #131663

just add a tattoo set to perma/gulag, and as prisoner as a job. Problem solved.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #131697

You know the botany jumpsuit alt sprite? Jumpsuit is lowered to around the waist, so if you've got no undershirt you can be topless.

If all jumpsuit alts were that (rather than 'rolled up sleeves' which means a couple of pixels of flesh if you're wearing gloves), then full back/front tattoos would be viable and displayable. That would also be way more visible than face tattoos.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #131706

Didn't Rico say his cat girls update set the groundwork for tattoos and scars?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #131761

only if you let me add Reason as well
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #131762

Wyzack wrote:Didn't Rico say his cat girls update set the groundwork for tattoos and scars?
Yes

I tried to replace catgirls with tattoos and got my PR closed.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #131763

that's because you were trying to replace catgirls rather than just add tattoos
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #131765

My update set the groundwork for tattoos and scars, it was always a logical extension of the system.

The problem here is that there's NOT a lot of real estate to work with when it comes to tattoos and scars. Lizard parts (and cat ears) work because the bits can extend off the physical sprite. When you're doing something that needs to remain on a bodypart properly you quickly realize how little you can actually do with like a 3x3 square that could roughtly be designated as a spacemans forehead.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #131769

Incoming wrote:My update set the groundwork for tattoos and scars, it was always a logical extension of the system.

The problem here is that there's NOT a lot of real estate to work with when it comes to tattoos and scars. Lizard parts (and cat ears) work because the bits can extend off the physical sprite. When you're doing something that needs to remain on a bodypart properly you quickly realize how little you can actually do with like a 3x3 square that could roughtly be designated as a spacemans forehead.
Could go with a couple of simple patterns around the character's face and then have a detailed description of it when you examine someone like "he has a tattoo of a bloody extinguisher" or "he has a tattoo that says grey pride".
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131784

iamgoofball wrote:only if you let me add Reason as well
if you wanted to you could.

like the writing doesn't have to be legible just some squiggles on the head translated by the power of examine.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #131927

Super Aggro Crag wrote: some may say this will make it harder for traitors to impersonate people to which i respond: no it won't because traitors never impersonate anyone, don't fucking act like they do.
so we should better make it completely fucking impossible to do this rather than trying to solve this issue, right?
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #131929

on that topic

the way to make traitors impersonate people more is to make voicechangers not be so fucking obvious
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #131940

Make tattoos an admin-only thing that show up when you inspect someone, eg:

This is Sloan Cox.
He has a tattoo on his forehead Valid

as an alternative to using one of those weird floaty white labels.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #131947

Miauw wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote: some may say this will make it harder for traitors to impersonate people to which i respond: no it won't because traitors never impersonate anyone, don't fucking act like they do.
so we should better make it completely fucking impossible to do this rather than trying to solve this issue, right?
They're called masks. Wear one, or a forehead covering helmet of some kind, and I can't see whether you have your tattoo or not.

Also, chameleon voice changers when?
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #232731

Should be able to ame in R&D
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #233238

If Morgan Cucker doesn't have the words CUCK boldly scribed on his forhead at some point i will be very displeased.

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #234284

Thanks for the bump my mans.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #234309

Voice changers ARE chamelon you collossal donks
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #238784

Helios wrote:just add a tattoo set to perma/gulag, and as prisoner as a job. Problem solved.
200% HARD IRON DEESEL

GULAG LYFE

SECUROTY R PIGZ

STANFORD PRISON EXPERIMENT