Synths/Real Androids

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Synths/Real Androids

Post by Helios » #134498

Putting a posibrain in a fully augmented body brings it back to life as an Android, where it is bound by the laws of the AI. This also lets people who have died to come back as humans, kind of.
Now, if you really want to have fun, have it as a race option, android crew members who have easy healing, access to Binary chat, but can be subverted by faulty programming. Usually being bound by Asimov, meaning that you cannot valid hunt would be an interesting side effect. They could also not be remotely blown by robotics console, which would be an interesting side effect when dealing with a rogue/malf AI.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Synths/Real Androids

Post by DemonFiren » #134503

So, kinda something like Bay did with IPCs.
Far as I recall, these guys overheat in a vacuum because they're air-cooled, they shut down when starving and "feed" by sticking some appendage or another into an APC port, and you really don't wanna get EMP'd as one.

I wonder what would happen if you made synthfucks and completely cut them off from binary, law-slaving, oxygen needs, toxin damage and changelings, in exchange for requiring cable and welders for healing, becoming completely unable to do even a brief spacewalk, lighting up like a Christmas tree when EMP'd and of course requiring robotics to build them a new body upon killification.
(hint: probably nobody ever would play it)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #134506

DemonFiren wrote:So, kinda something like Bay did with IPCs.
Far as I recall, these guys overheat in a vacuum because they're air-cooled, they shut down when starving and "feed" by sticking some appendage or another into an APC port, and you really don't wanna get EMP'd as one.

I wonder what would happen if you made synthfucks and completely cut them off from binary, law-slaving, oxygen needs, toxin damage and changelings, in exchange for requiring cable and welders for healing, becoming completely unable to do even a brief spacewalk, lighting up like a Christmas tree when EMP'd and of course requiring robotics to build them a new body upon killification.
(hint: probably nobody ever would play it)
Why would you take off Binary/Law-slaving?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134508

Synths independent from the AI are slightly more interesting, in my opinion. They soften up the divide between organic and synthetic by providing synth crew and possibly provoking tin can infighting with the borgs.
Also, they'll be even worse scum than lizards by not even being made of meat.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134512

Don't think they should be a round start race, a race that can come about during the round then I think wouldn't be so bad so long as there were downsides to their existence. Like being unable to benefit from viro, genetics etc.
How about this?

Penalties:-
- No all-access, that's for *real* silicons you meat-poser
- They can be made during the round and inserted into a fully augmented body that's been stripped of all it's organs (an empty shell essentially) with a power cell inserted in the chest cavity that will function as their "hunger meter", for lack of a better term, with better power cells giving bigger gains.
- Gain no benefits or penalties from reagents. Can't benefit from Viro, Genetics superpowers and medical docs can only shrug their shoulders at them if they come across them in crit.
- Extremely weak to EMP with getting caught in the epicentre being an instant crit and draining a significant portion of your power hunger bar, being caught in the 'weak' EMP does major burn damage and drops you down to half power hunger as well as scrambling your speech into incomprehensible gibberish.
-Upon your death, your head's emergency access panel (for quick rebooting and/or retrieval) will open and leave your posibrain easily removable with a crowbar or hemostat
- Enterprising traitors can take you down, pop your posibrain out and slide their warm, moist, lewd emag against it and put you back in and are considered an emagged borg for all intents and purposes. Maybe give them a tell that gives them away if they're emagged too long, like twitching and slurring long words in a manner similar to a morph
- No 'default' access to binary (unless you were made from a hypothetical malf module). Not too sure about this point though, would hate for a rogue AI to get overheard by an android it didn't know existed
- Can be slaved to an AI

Benefits:-
- Completely immune to toxins, radiation and diseases as well as changeling stings
- Healed by welding and cable coils
- Has HANDS, all the other silicons are so jealous
- Can wear clothing, IDs, headsets etc.
- Resilient to brute and burn damage and completely immune to electricity burns
- Immune to temperature and pressure damage damage, though you will slow down after a while in very cold places as your joints freeze up
- Can benefit from cyborg upgrade modules, though some of them are still incompatible with you like the mining jetpack and drill - And who knows WHAT the illegal module would do to you?
- Can easily be switched into a new body and revived without the need for cloning and defibrillation (Though as a side effect you are very easy to debrain if you're killed, surgical tools not even being needed)
- Synthflesh can be applied to your frame to make you resemble a real life Human bean which opens up the possibility of being able to disguise yourself - The Cylons walk amongst us
- Maaaaaaybe self-surgery since most things that would stop a person in real life (i.e The god awful amount of pain) don't apply to you. And it's a big IF at that, though you'd not gain all that much benefit from it apart from plastic surgery if you've been 'synth'd'

Would be a fair amount of work and, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there something like this long before I joined? I think it got removed for... Reasons, I can't remember
Helios

Post by Helios » #134514

Anonmare wrote: - Immune to temperature and pressure damage damage, though you will slow down after a while in very cold places as your joints freeze up
How about Immune to oxygen damage/inhaling toxins but overheats in space because it uses aircooling, and also takes regular damage from fire.
And before people go "Why would they overheat in space, it's cold"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer#Radiation
Radiation is very slow when it comes to heat loss.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134516

>slaved to AI
>has hands

That is actually the biggest reason why I prefer they remain unslaved unless, perhaps, a malf AI buys a special ability or shit like that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #134517

Anonmare wrote:Dear jesus words
MASSIVELY overcomplicated, but cool. Fund it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134518

Helios wrote:How about Immune to oxygen damage/inhaling toxins but overheats in space because it uses aircooling, and also takes regular damage from fire.
And before people go "Why would they overheat in space, it's cold"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer#Radiation
Radiation is very slow when it comes to heat loss.
I'd be down for that, maybe put in some expensive 'android specific' modules that would let them deal with their overheating issues

Also, to stop them from becoming upgrade nightmares if R&D get's rolling, have their power consumption tied to how many modules they have installed and the more they add the bigger the drain. So a bluespace cell with no modules will last all day, but a standard cell with every module last minutes at best.
Having bigger power cells would be the only to overcome the drain and they can't replace their own power cell or each others (Call it programming blocks preventing them unless they get circumvented.)

Maybe make them immune to weakening but not stunning, so if they get hit by a taser or a baton they'll stay standing but stay in place for a second or two so Sec isn't toothless against them. Flashes still paralyze them unless they wear eye protection :flash: :shades:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134519

Replacing your own cell won't work because you'll collapse "dead" the moment it's out.

Replacing others won't work because NT places behavioural blocks on their almost-slaves.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134520

Helios wrote: Usually being bound by Asimov, meaning that you cannot valid hunt
Are you playing a different game?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #134521

DemonFiren wrote:Replacing your own cell won't work because you'll collapse "dead" the moment it's out.

Replacing others won't work because NT places behavioural blocks on their almost-slaves.
Nah, let them do it, but obviously you know, the dead thing.
And let them do it if they're in pairs, reward what little teamwork goes on anymore.
私は完璧
Helios

Post by Helios » #134523

Kor wrote:
Helios wrote: Usually being bound by Asimov, meaning that you cannot valid hunt
Are you playing a different game?
What do you do as a synth if you are turned into a rev?
You can't beat a human wizard's head in. If you are letting the person next to you beat his head in you are through inaction allowing him to come to harm, so you're not following laws.
As a gang you can't shoot anyone in this role.
Last edited by Helios on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134524

Putting one of these into an electric chair should supercharge their cells and let them shoot lightning overload their cells and make them go boom like said cell's plasma-sabotaged equivalent.

...that said, if one has a plasma-sabotaged cell entered into it that thing should trigger not upon normal discharge, but module activation or recharge.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #134529

I really like the flesh idea. Would they be able to wear clothes with it?
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #134530

While i think this is a cool idea, it also seems like you just get to reenter the round as a human with cool powers and very few drawbacks
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134533

Wyzack wrote:While i think this is a cool idea, it also seems like you just get to reenter the round as a human with cool powers and very few drawbacks
Space murders you much faster.
Doctors can't heal you, geneticists can't clone you, there's no superpowers.
If you die, odds are very good you'll come back as someone else's slave.
If you starve, you're dead. You need an active power grid to recharge.
EMPs absolutely rape you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134542

Jazaen wrote:I really like the flesh idea. Would they be able to wear clothes with it?
That's my thought, honestly I'm only it for the idea of having antags making slaved Terminators/Cylons and have them slip into the crew relatively unnoticed. Adds to the paranoia when security demands everyone submit to a mandatory bloodtest or tasing people randomly (Not that they don't already anyway) to find out who's not who they appear to be.

EDIT: To be precise, imagine an antag robo killing someone and going full-frankenstein on their body - replacing all the useless flesh with perfect steel and prepping some synthflesh to conceal the monstrosity beneath. Then printing off a happy little posibrain, slapping them with an emag/freeform/OneHuman module and slotting them into the husk of a body to puppet but dancing along to the tune of someone else.
Not to say other jobs couldn't do it, exosuit fabs aren't ID-locked after all...
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #134547

Issue: Last time I checked, a fully augmented human is spaceworthy (if they have a breath mask). Seems weird that sticking a posibrain in there would make it suddenly MUST HAVE AIR COOLING.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134548

It does not have to be this complicated. If I were coding this, because I am lazy, I would just run a check on the body for all augment parts and enough health to not be crit, and if this is true, allow a new surgery called "Androdification" (or something) that ends with you placing the posibrain in. The code would then revive the body and transfer the posibrain's mind to itself. I might have to do some work so that androids drop a posibrain on debraining rather than the juicy meat organ.

My point is that I would be too lazy for all this fancy stuff. Acquire a human corpse somehow, brain it, fully augment it, do the surgery to insert the posibrain, done. After that he would be no different than any other augged human. (Augs are already vulnerable to EMP, a strong EMP hit to a full aug is instant critical)
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134549

Gun Hog wrote:It does not have to be this complicated. If I were coding this, because I am lazy, I would just run a check on the body for all augment parts and enough health to not be crit, and if this is true, allow a new surgery called "Androdification" (or something) that ends with you placing the posibrain in. The code would then revive the body and transfer the posibrain's mind to itself. I might have to do some work so that androids drop a posibrain on debraining rather than the juicy meat organ.

My point is that I would be too lazy for all this fancy stuff. Acquire a human corpse somehow, brain it, fully augment it, do the surgery to insert the posibrain, done. After that he would be no different than any other augged human. (Augs are already vulnerable to EMP, a strong EMP hit to a full aug is instant critical)
I'm worried that would just be seen as coming back into the round after being killed with no consequences, other ways to come back into the round (like golems, xenobio mobs and Manifest runes) usually have you enslaved or otherwise disadvantaged (Drones) or very rarely, outright antagonists.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134551

Drynwyn wrote:Issue: Last time I checked, a fully augmented human is spaceworthy (if they have a breath mask). Seems weird that sticking a posibrain in there would make it suddenly MUST HAVE AIR COOLING.
Headcanon: A fully augmented organic's aug power is drawn from a metabolic interchange in its guts.

The corpse can't really have this, instead it draws from a cell, resulting in greater energy through the cables, resulting in heating. The robot shell's control systems and positronics also generate heat while running, as most computers do.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134556

If your proposal is thus, then it is out of my realm. I would have to do a lot of extra work to nerf an android player while not affecting players simply seeking augmentation. The most obvious solution is a new mob as a child of /human, containing all the disadvantages or differences from an aug.

Yes, your concern is exactly on point and well warranted. It would indeed be a full respawn mechanic. Keep in mind that we already have a clever way of doing this via golems. Golems can in fact be debrained (I just tested it), and you can place that brain into a normal human corpse, revive that corpse via cloner or defib, thus creating a flesh and blood human! If you do not wish for this to be another player controlled method of respawning, then a new concept would be required.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #134576

One of these slaved to a malf ai would be an absolute terror. Fund it.
Last edited by ThanatosRa on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #134577

DemonFiren wrote:Replacing your own cell won't work because you'll collapse "dead" the moment it's out.

Hey.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #134584

Gun Hog wrote:If your proposal is thus, then it is out of my realm. I would have to do a lot of extra work to nerf an android player while not affecting players simply seeking augmentation. The most obvious solution is a new mob as a child of /human, containing all the disadvantages or differences from an aug.

Yes, your concern is exactly on point and well warranted. It would indeed be a full respawn mechanic. Keep in mind that we already have a clever way of doing this via golems. Golems can in fact be debrained (I just tested it), and you can place that brain into a normal human corpse, revive that corpse via cloner or defib, thus creating a flesh and blood human! If you do not wish for this to be another player controlled method of respawning, then a new concept would be required.
Been there, done that, can confirm it works really well. And there is an abundance of braindead/soulless corpses on hi-pop rounds. Of course, the question if you still serve your master is an another matter entirely, and one better avoided.

Speaking of disadvantages, I say we make them use both battery power and hunger for the fleshed ones. Maybe they themselves require energy, but their skin requires nutriment? Maybe some healing chems damage them, because they are corrosive? Maybe mercury damages their skeleton because it bonds up with the metal that makes them up, changing it's propeties...

There have to be some more differences between flesh and metal ones, since fleshing would be direct upgrade (besides the whole hunger thing, which is not hard to sate unless station is going to hell). Maybe they can't repair themselves that easily, requiring either more synthflesh or a scapel and then metal? Or maybe their skin makes them even more susceptible to EMP, because in order to simulate human things like pulse and normal body heat you had to drop your shields, or detach some metal, or SPACE MAGIC.

I'm also for adding an disadvantageless admin-spawned version with max bullet resistance and super punch that appears randomly on station in order to kill someone syndicate/NT has found REALLY undeserving to live (say, sending an ExTerminator after erpers is better than flooding the station with meteors or just blowing them up)

EDIT: And make AI uploadable into one, so it can finally have hands. And then despair when someone calls the doorknob.
I play:
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #134595

Unrelated: It'd be cool if AIs could ASSUME MANUAL CONTROL of borg/synths if they want to
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134606

ShadowDimentio wrote:Unrelated: It'd be cool if AIs could ASSUME MANUAL CONTROL of borg/synths if they want to
I coded this partially, but scrapped the idea due to it being super buggy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #134626

i say scrap all this and make it a robotics endgame thing, kinda like how xenobio gets golems endgame

see, xeno gets golems endgame because it brings players back into the round as pseudo humans (they have hands and are basically identical to humans aside from their mutantrace). so what i propose is making it so with super high research (talking maxed/very near maxed), you can make an advanced posibrain (or APB). it's practically the same as a normal one, except it costs slightly more you use this one to make androids.

you can then drop the APB into a debrained corpse and it will act like a normal brain. from there you can defib/clone the fucker and badaboom, you've made a human.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134627

You could also work with genetics to take people back into the round by taking dead, humanned monkies.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #134631

Zilenan91 wrote:You could also work with genetics to take people back into the round by taking dead, humanned monkies.
yeah exactly

it allows allows you to repurpose those brainless corpses that always pile up in robotics
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134652

If someone does this, please don't make them slaved to the AI.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #134659

As a roundstart race, this is terrible and you should feel terrible. As something robotics can build to put positronic brains in, fuck yes.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #134675

>Roundstart race
>Malf AI
Goodluck holding back the zergdroid rush
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #134682

Can we just have the Bladerunner gamemode I suggested ages ago?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Helios

Post by Helios » #134686

kevinz000 wrote:>Roundstart race
>Malf AI
Goodluck holding back the zergdroid rush
What is the current winrate for malf?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134690

The interesting parts of synths (are they sentient or just machines? General quirkiness, etc) wouldnt really surface at all in ss13. They'd just be augged crewmembers yelling the round type on the radio like everyone else.

Giving the AI hands is also bad.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #134692

Getting hands but losing access to cameras seems like a good trade. We already can upload them into mechs.
I play:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134694

Remember when we had those bugged rounds with malf assistants?

I would like to imagine something of that hilarious nature.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #134763

We already have malf assistants. They're called assistants.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134766

I cannot code this unless it is kept simple - i.e. not a new mob and not different from an augged human player. Actually, I am fully capable of coding nearly any of the ideas here, I just think it would be too much work.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #134782

The actual "pretends to be a human" synth could be fun as a side antagonist with sneaky objectives that anyone has a chance to spawn as "having been replaced by", though that would require people to have the restraint not to treat any antagonist role as full-on murderboner so I guess it'd be unlikely.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134785

PKPenguin321 wrote:i say scrap all this and make it a robotics endgame thing, kinda like how xenobio gets golems endgame

see, xeno gets golems endgame because it brings players back into the round as pseudo humans (they have hands and are basically identical to humans aside from their mutantrace). so what i propose is making it so with super high research (talking maxed/very near maxed), you can make an advanced posibrain (or APB). it's practically the same as a normal one, except it costs slightly more you use this one to make androids.

you can then drop the APB into a debrained corpse and it will act like a normal brain. from there you can defib/clone the fucker and badaboom, you've made a human.
If the APB was AI law uploadable with a swipe or slotting in a AI module directly (meaning you can reset by extracting the brain, removing the card to default to standard synth laws and plop back in - Can't be emagged but can be onehumaned using the large almost single use AI card *because as soon as you shove it out of the synth it'll scream you subverted it providing its not dead*)

I agree in not petitioning roundstart examples of synths, but instead leave it for lategame application when the miners are back and posibrains are rolling . As not to alienate robotics and leave it a R&D proceedure, let the APB be settable with most of the AI exoskeleton functions including slaving turned off by default (applying a card directly to the posibrain as said before will change the lawset, we can have it so doing so automatically unslaves from the AI)

To differenciate synths without synthflesh application, they should have a entirely blank metallic face with their allocated AI name tagged to their identity voice(meaning that in a dramatic fashion, they could be exposed by extended damage physical/burn to the face to being a synth imposter) a tator for instance, could kill their target, debrain them and shove a posibrain impostor in thier place. Unless they are full covered up, all 'human synthflesh' body parts should bleed blood (requirement else the skin will visibly slough, losing total quantity of any type blood which doesn't particularly matter to the synth itself only maintaining the synthflesh) which does not affect the unit until it bleeds oil when skin is depleted and damage continues to be sustained, in which case the unit will recieve slowing penalties and on total/half depletion tick 5 damage a second every time it moves or is moved.

Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #134801

this should probably be put on hold until a few months down the line when fallout four isnt the cool new thing everybody is talking about
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #134802

Well, assistants hiding in CARDBOARD BOXESTHE COWARDS! THE FOOLS! meme mostly died, so even if bots were added soon-ish hype would most likely die after 2 weeks, and they would become cool thing someone can do with some motivation instead of the thing moving the round forfard (barring some tator or admin intervention, that is)
I play:
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #134868

>emagging a disadvantage.
AIs and borgs have a much higher antag chance than humans as they can be subverted or emagged while regular humans cant. How is the ability to get antag a disadvantage?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #134870

私は完璧
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134874

palpatine213 wrote:>emagging a disadvantage.
AIs and borgs have a much higher antag chance than humans as they can be subverted or emagged while regular humans cant. How is the ability to get antag a disadvantage?
It doesn't really fit in as a positive since it's not "true" antag, mainly due to emagged borgs (AIs being unemaggable) are still slaved to a single person and if that person says "Go suicide bomb Departures" the only thing you should be asking for is how big do they want the explosion to be. And since Synths are made during the course of a round, they can't "roll" antag, not counting mulligan/midround, and being a "Sort-of" borg; can't anyway.
Well, not unless traitor borgs suddenly became a thing but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #134880

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:i say scrap all this and make it a robotics endgame thing, kinda like how xenobio gets golems endgame

If the APB was AI law uploadable with a swipe or slotting in a AI module directly (meaning you can reset by extracting the brain, removing the card to default to standard synth laws and plop back in - Can't be emagged but can be onehumaned using the large almost single use AI card *because as soon as you shove it out of the synth it'll scream you subverted it providing its not dead*)

I agree in not petitioning roundstart examples of synths, but instead leave it for lategame application when the miners are back and posibrains are rolling . As not to alienate robotics and leave it a R&D proceedure, let the APB be settable with most of the AI exoskeleton functions including slaving turned off by default (applying a card directly to the posibrain as said before will change the lawset, we can have it so doing so automatically unslaves from the AI)

To differenciate synths without synthflesh application, they should have a entirely blank metallic face with their allocated AI name tagged to their identity voice(meaning that in a dramatic fashion, they could be exposed by extended damage physical/burn to the face to being a synth imposter) a tator for instance, could kill their target, debrain them and shove a posibrain impostor in thier place. Unless they are full covered up, all 'human synthflesh' body parts should bleed blood (requirement else the skin will visibly slough, losing total quantity of any type blood which doesn't particularly matter to the synth itself only maintaining the synthflesh) which does not affect the unit until it bleeds oil when skin is depleted and damage continues to be sustained, in which case the unit will recieve slowing penalties and on total/half depletion tick 5 damage a second every time it moves or is moved.
i like the whole imposter thing but there shouldn't be any AI law syncing bullshit
golems don't have any laws short of obey their summoner, why should androids be any different?
Spoiler:
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #134888

Anonmare wrote:
palpatine213 wrote:>emagging a disadvantage.
It doesn't really fit in as a positive since it's not "true" antag, mainly due to emagged borgs (AIs being unemaggable) are still slaved to a single person and if that person says "Go suicide bomb Departures" the only thing you should be asking for is how big do they want the explosion to be. And since Synths are made during the course of a round, they can't "roll" antag, not counting mulligan/midround, and being a "Sort-of" borg; can't anyway.
Well, not unless traitor borgs suddenly became a thing but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
>implying ghosts don't flock to posibrains whenever they see an antag robo emagging borgs.