"New" gamemode: Shitstorm

A place to record your ideas for the game.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

"New" gamemode: Shitstorm

Post by WJohnston » #138600

Here's a horrible idea: A game mode that has EVERY antag thrown at the station. 1% chance and only on high pop (60+)

Has wizards, nuke ops, xenos, blobs, abductors, traitors, changelings, shadowlings, cultists, revs, gangsters, meteors, monkeys, revenants and everything else, all at once.

The shuttle cannot get here fast enough.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: "New" gamemode: Shitstorm

Post by Saegrimr » #138601

So basically whenever it rolls extended when i'm on.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138602

A balanced version of this is what the ONLY game mode SHOULD be. There shouldn't be individual "rev" and "traitor" and "traitorchan" and whatever game modes, instead it should be one mode with a random mix of all possible antagonist types.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #138614

Datum antags, we will see you in action some day
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #138615

Tensioner: The Game Mode?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #138641

I think this should just be added to Multiverse war, the copies of you could be nuclear ops, changelings, wizards, abductors, etc.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #138670

I wouldn't mind if this was an actual mode at the lowest possible weighting for random insane shit happening.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #138703

T E N S I O N E R
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #138765

whenever this is ran via adminbuse, cult is OP
it can convert other antag types so you can have cultlings or cultraitors or cultsters and they have to prioritize the cult's objectives, and since those other antag types have good abduction methods they can bring more people to convert to the cult more easily. if nar'sie is summoned it cucks every other antag.
cult op
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #138775

PKPenguin321 wrote:whenever this is ran via adminbuse, cult is OP
it can convert other antag types so you can have cultlings or cultraitors or cultsters and they have to prioritize the cult's objectives, and since those other antag types have good abduction methods they can bring more people to convert to the cult more easily. if nar'sie is summoned it cucks every other antag.
cult op
I believe the ultimate priority is Shadowling Thrall. Xhuis established that being a Thrall overrides all other Antagonist types (Note that this was before Hand of God), so a Cultist Changeling Wizard Traitor Op Gangster Revhead would obey the Shadowling's whims above all else. I am not certain how that works in practice, though.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #138789

Gun Hog wrote:
cult op
I believe the ultimate priority is Shadowling Thrall. Xhuis established that being a Thrall overrides all other Antagonist types (Note that this was before Hand of God), so a Cultist Changeling Wizard Traitor Op Gangster Revhead would obey the Shadowling's whims above all else. I am not certain how that works in practice, though.
Of course, in this sort of mode, shadowlings are VERY easily wrecked because they rely so much on being able to avoid danger, and EVERYWHERE IS DANGER.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #138807

Gun Hog wrote:
cult op
>your face when the shadowling gets converted to the cult
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #138810

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:
cult op
>your face when the shadowling gets converted to the cult
....WELP. :|
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #138818

The sling ascends and all of it's thralls are defacto cultists?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #138837

Yeah I always thought if a sling managed to integrate with a cult the proper way to play it would to treat the sling as an avatar of narnar or something and combine cult/thrall status on everyone. If the cult has to summon narnar that could make the shadowling ascending tricky but here's the funny bit: if they both manage to get on station they can totally hang out together without issue, because shadowlings are immune to singulos.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #138858

I tried to make this gamemode under the name of Cascade but never really got anywhere.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #139021

like so many fun things, I've inadvertently gated a good implementation behind datum antags
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!