Security Rearmament

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Security Rearmament

Post by John_Oxford » #143206

Removes Security officer's tasers at round start, replaces them with the AEW series

AEW-1a

Replaces tasers, spawns on security officers backs at round start, fires 9mm rubber ball ammo, doing 60 stamina damage, spawns with a extra magazine in the backpack of the same ball ammo, 4 lethal 9mm mags spawn in armory for this. Ball mags can be reloaded with normal ammunition at round start. Two more of these loaded with lethal 9mm mags spawn in the lethal ammo locker.

AEW-2s

Research can produce these for fairly low costs, they still require a firing pin. Has charges for 10 disables, 8 kills, and 6 stun shots. Can be recharged at any recharger, Functionally the same as the HOS's gun. Warden spawns with one instead of the stock 1a's.

AEW-3c

Essentially the same as autorifles, just order them from cargo for 5 points less. 20 round magazine capacity, fires 9mm ammo of any type. Plays the C20-r buzzing sound when it runs out of ammo.

All of these can have flashlights attached to them, all of them do 10 brute as a melee weapon.

EDIT
you can try your hardest to combat my wave of overly thought out not balanced ideas, but i will prevail. you are fighting a losing battle young son.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Re: Security Rearmament

Post by newfren » #143207

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143208

These are Steelpoint's guns with (no offense) worse looking sprites
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #143211

The AEW-3c makes me think of a fucked up Walther MPL, even though its just that pistol sprite with a stock/strap/extended mag
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #143223

This is almost exactly what I did sans the subjectively worse sprites.

It'll also run into the same problems, mainly in that Ballistic Stamina damage is still borked last time I checked.

Your better off tossing a Auto Rifle into the Armoury, at least that action got a good level of community support at the time (50/50).
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #143227

Removes Security officer's tasers at round start,
No. This weapon is your life, try not to lose it.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143229

Stamina damage is annoying in that it takes a second or two to kick in. A stun is instant, which means in a lot of situations it's straightforwardly better.

A second or two doesn't sound like much, but it's the difference between the person failing to do anything, or firing their revolver twice, teleporting away, activating their bomb, all sorts of things.

Where disablers are useful is in someone that's rocketing around (can be quite hard to hit) and in going through windows (which rubber balls wouldn't). Also, they tend to have a very high ammo count, while tasers are much less easy to spam.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #143237

well the tradeoff is that tasers have a delay, and a pretty low range (disadvantaging you against revolvers and the like) whereas ballistics probably handle that better.

i like guns.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #143241

You're security, not military.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #143251

This whole thing is a joke you silly nerds.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #143259

And then John had the worst ideas ever

And we all laughed at him
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #143284

ShadowDimentio wrote:And then John had the worst ideas ever

And we all laughed at him
*clears throat*
NYEH-HEH-HEH!
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143302

I would still like to see those steelpistols that steelpoint made a long time ago, I really liked them.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #143319

I like how after telling John to GTFO of my 'detective sidegrade' thread, which included rubber ball guns as one of the most discussed things, cuz he kept derailing it, he steals my idea and tries to make a thread about 'hurr durr give sec lethal guns at round start'

fuck outta here
"What the FUCK is Carbon Dioxide?" guy
I write a web serial about aliens: https://pseudofunk.wordpress.com
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #143328

Wait, you said that? Fuck, i would have kept derailing.

Fuck your ideas, their my ideas now, im the idea thief motherfucker.

EDIT
RedMcCloud wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Can you fuck off please, this isn't about you obsession with gunsmithing, it's about possible alternative detective weaponry

stop derailing the goddamn thread

There is no alternative to a gun, its a better or worse version of a gun, in this case, you added more guns.

If you where here for longer than 5 minutes, maybe you would come to know that i involve myself in quite literally every single idea thread that pops up involving customization of weapons and equipment that security or antagonists have. If i wanted to derail your thread, i'd talk about giving corgis the abilitys to use weapons, gunsmithing falls in line with weapon customization which falls in line with different weapon variants, which falls in line with different weapons of the same type, which is what your talking about.

So you fuck off for posting a idea i posted countless times before over a series of 9 threads, you aren't special motherfucker, you aren't the idea thief, that's me.

Quit stealing my ideas and my jobs

EDIT 2.0:

If you think about it, i don't know why i still bother with blatant security buff merges, because i spoiled the entire division of the playerbase that actually liked the idea by droning on it about it over 9 threads.

Since you want to be a cunt about it, i'll make it obvious, this is a meme thread, no one in their right mind would give a security force that is ment to stun and detain crime breakers lethal weapons at round start.

If you want to make a reply, and point out how im fucking stupid for making a meme thread. That's the point dumbass, the irony would be strong, so please do.

Please try to prove you're right.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #143331

Giving Security lethal weapons at roundstart wouldn't work. Giving them access to lethal weapons might (I think a red-alert shotgun case in the department offices was suggested once?).
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143332

S T E E L R I F L E S
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #143334

Reinforced cabinets in departmental security posts - like the fire axe cabinets, but more secure. When a red or delta alert is called, the plasteel shutters withdraw - from there, they can be unlocked with a Security-level ID or a silicon, or simply bashed open with the nearest blunt implement. Inside is an autorifle. (They're not even automatic, why are they called autorifles?) If the alert level is lowered, the shutters stay open.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143343

They're called autorifles because they were made by Mr Auto

or, because they were designed to automatically unlock

and because they're rifles
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #143434

autorifles originally had fire modes but like all good things those got removed so now it's semi-only

also holy assblast, John
"What the FUCK is Carbon Dioxide?" guy
I write a web serial about aliens: https://pseudofunk.wordpress.com
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #143435

I had a choice of either nerfing the weapons to deal around five damage per bullet or to remove the semi-auto function for balancing reasons. Having a 3 round burst that can deal 60 damage at round start was too much as was quickly shown during the PR trial (before it was merged).

Also Auto Rifle sounds nicer than anything else, and I ain't going to rename them to that gimmicky name of 'Steelrifle'.

Edit: If you want a Rifle I suggest putting one down in the Armoury in a tac equipment area, so just slap the rifle down with one of the Bulletproof Vests.

Hardly going to unbalance the game, and that would have been a more fair compromise than ripping them out.