fix cryo

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

fix cryo

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154613

its too slow now.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: fix cryo

Post by ShadowDimentio » #154615

"You're too slow"

-Sanic the hugehug
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154662

cryo is so slow now it is very frustrating to play medical doctor and have your critical patients die because of it. if you're lucky and it's metastation you can tweak the showers to spray ice water out and use that as ghetto cryo but honestly that's silly.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #154665

cyro has been fucked for a long time now and its frankly something that needs to have been fixed a long time ago, especially during busy shifts where you're cloning out the ass and the temp decides to jump to 300+k every time you stick a new body in
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #154666

Try injecting epipens before stuffing people in, or maybe try using actual medicine and doctoring techniques that aren't the cryo tube?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #154667

On that note:

Cryo really shouldn't be the only cloneloss healer, there's ryetalin but that's stupid hard to make, which should be fixed.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #154668

I agree. Clone damage is very rare and very deadly, but there should be ~SOMETHING~ you can do that isn't a super rare chem or shitty cryo.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #154688

Fucking fix cryo. And no Iamgoofball, this is retarded.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #154709

short, easy to perform "reconstructive surgery" that removes cloneloss when?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #154714

firecage wrote:Fucking fix cryo. And no Iamgoofball, this is retarded.
Why is being an actual doctor instead of cryotube operator "retarded"?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #154715

because 'an actual doctor' is 99% of the time 'sleeper operator' and 'patch applicator'
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154760

Go code an actual medical system then, goofball, you obsequious dogcunt. Considering you changed medical to be "slap synthflesh and call it a day", you have as much of a right to criticize people for not being doctors as Japan has the right to criticize people for war crimes.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #154778

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Go code an actual medical system then, goofball, you obsequious dogcunt. Considering you changed medical to be "slap synthflesh and call it a day", you have as much of a right to criticize people for not being doctors as Japan has the right to criticize people for war crimes.
Fuck no Sac....I already hated it last time Goof tried to overhaul medical.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #154779

Replace cryo with flesh vats to reconstitute the corpses of the weak into nutrients for our ravenous cloning industry.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #154781

You could, oh I don't know, change cryotubes so they are only efficient at stabilizing critical wounds and healing clone loss, anyone above 25% health would regenerate at a reduced rate. As for doctoring, Cryoxadone has always been the best healing method, it's just Cryotubes are self limiting thanks to the fact that we only get two and requires someone competent in engineering to reconfigure the piping.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #154797

using cryo is your first mistake, just forcefeed them cryox and salbu and put them outside escape for R A P I D H E A L S
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #154806

I mean, cryo being a shitty heal and higher tier chems being a faster heal does not seem like such a bad system does it? Medical doctors now need to work and cooperate with the rest of medbay if they want effortless easy instaheals
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #154807

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Go code an actual medical system then, goofball, you obsequious dogcunt. Considering you changed medical to be "slap synthflesh and call it a day", you have as much of a right to criticize people for not being doctors as Japan has the right to criticize people for war crimes.
>Did Goofchem
>You actually want him to do more shit involving medical

Crag are you okay?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154842

Wyzack wrote:I mean, cryo being a shitty heal and higher tier chems being a faster heal does not seem like such a bad system does it? Medical doctors now need to work and cooperate with the rest of medbay if they want effortless easy instaheals
good luck juggling six critical half-corpses while discussing realpolitik and bartering with chemistry in an attempt to get a cure.
Saegrimr wrote:
>Did Goofchem
>You actually want him to do more shit involving medical

Crag are you okay?
reading comprehension, i was calling him a shitter who has no idea what he's talking about saying medbay is too easy since he's the fucking idiot who invented Instantly Heal All Damage Patches.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154864

brute packs don't heal clone damage buddy :^)

the other doctors are erping in the bar

i ran out of power cells 5 corpses ago

chemistry is busy handing out space lube

oop oop oop looks like i now have to spend the next 35 minutes micromanaging corpses!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #154872

>remove cryo because it's too easy, gotta be a real doctor hurr
>just use medkits and patches, much more in depth and interesting system

Neither is complex, but clicking on a guy once or twice at most to heal all their brute, burn or toxin damage then they can leave, is more shitty and basic then having a cryotube, that require you to have a non shit mix inside (or atleast some cryox and not acid), the right temp, make sure the patient doesn't have certain powers or clothes, and gotta take them out and wake them up afterwards.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #154896

Did the rytelyn recipe change with goofchem because it wasn't that bad before
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #154944

1 part Carpotoxin
1 part Cryptobiolin
1 part Copper

Carpotoxin relies on Botany [which could just clone the bodies anyways/few people besides Daisy Holmes plays it/ Fewer people actually know about how to obtain carpotoxin with mutated soybeans] OR carp which the chef probably has by now.

Crypto is an easy-to-make chem that has no use outside of making spaceacillin which is found in vending machines [enough to cure one individual for antibodies]

Copper is in the machine

Having a way to make this inhouse without reliance on botany+RNG with unstable would be lovely.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #154947

That shit is also now rediculously powerful.
If memory serves me right goof buffed it to instantly heal all clone damage, but not 100% certain if that actually got merged or not.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155000

Or you could make the cryo tubes not take twelve minutes to cool someone enough to work.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155257

seriously, who the fuck benefits from making the cryo chamber fucking slow as twenty dicks? Certainly not the guy who got cloned who is now out of the round for 30 minutes instead of 10. Certainly not the chemist, because he's already busy making instant-heal fuck-you patches and space drugs. Certainly not the medical doctor who now has to juggle critical bodies and pray to christ that someone else joins with a full medkit. Certainly not the CMO, because he's busy ERPing in the bridge.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #155260

stop dieing lmao
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155343

i'm not dying, i'm the guy trying to keep everyone alive, dingdong. i'm never actually lucky enough to get critted anywhere i'll be found and brought to cryo, ha ha.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #155345

Yeah I don't know why cryo is suddenly really slow, there was no changelog about it so I imagine it's a bug?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155368

yeah but heaven forbid someone bring it up to the coders without them shitting about GIT GUD GIT GUD HUR HUR HUR LET'S REMOVE CLONING
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #155385

There's been a few atmos-related changes lately, and i've noticed pipes being fucky on more than one occasion, namely trying to get gasses into a can. Not sure how they interact with cryopods though.
Might be related.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155432

What seems to be the issue to me is people in the cryo tube taking a really long time to get cold enough for cryo to start working.