Tutorial

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Vakulum
Byond Username: Vakulum

Tutorial

Post by Vakulum » #154624

OK SS13 is awesome but not userfriendly at all. Interface complicated and the jobs are to. Of course you can read the wiki but if I test out a new game I would not read a wiki for one hour and then start.

What about a Tutor team that could help new player get familiar with the interface (which is difficult enough)? New guy can request a tutor and he will show him around and make him love the game.
Heads wont do their job and bad nooby player are a pain but they have to start somewhere.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Tutorial

Post by John_Oxford » #154672

Thats the most russian english paragraph ive ever read.

Support though, every round 2 tutors will be selected from a pool of players with more than 200 connections. That is if there is someone connected who has less than 5 connections.

The new player will get a prompt, [We noticed you are new to the game, there are tutors avalible to be assigned, would you like one [Y/N]]
The two tutors will get a prompt at round start if they wish to be a tutor, if they click yes, they are ghosted and given the ability to adminhelp the new player. You can't do this if you are a antag however.
If the new player is a antag, (which no one with less than 30 connections should ever be a antag) a admin is given a prompt to be a tutormin for the round.

Tutor rounds are logged, admins will watch over tutors to insure no "hey on this server you can kill everyone freely, go wild"

Be it that tutor rounds are logged, they'll count for brownie points for things like becoming a moderator and shit, because everyone likes helpful people getting more power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDIT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, the tutor demonstrates game interface and mechanics, as opposed to job specific duties, you can learn those through other people on the job (we arent all the kind of people that sit in maint and ignore everyone else, hopefully)
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #154673

aka the old mentor system
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #154674

I'm sure there would be plenty of more veteran players willing to act as a mentor, its a helpful mechanic at the very least.

If we lived in a perfect world we would have a offline tutorial that showcased basic gameplay mechanics as well as how certain antagonists work, but we have to make do with what we've got.