Balance idea for the AI

A place to record your ideas for the game.
AngryTurnip
Byond Username: AngryTurnip

Balance idea for the AI

Post by AngryTurnip » #156763

Just some ideas I've had floating around on how to balance the AI and make it not so omnipotent. These can be taken as one big change or picking and choosing ideas that seem good. Let me know if they're terrible.
  • AI can no longer track people with cameras. Having to manually locate people makes it significantly less omnipotent. Possibly also take away the free moving camera in favor of only being able to jump to different security cameras (last part would need to be tested. Might be overly tedious for the player.)
  • AI now has two "modes". Camera mode and hologram mode.
  • Camera mode allows it to use the cameras as it normally would, but it cannot physically interact with the station (cannot bolt doors and cannot access machinery)
  • Hologram mode allows it to physically bolt doors of the room the holopad is in and allows it to access machinery in that room.
  • Holopads can be destroyed by crew members, making it so the AI cannot physically interact with the room until it's fixed
I have a final idea but I'm not sure where it would fit in:
  • Maybe through tampering with cameras, maybe through some kind of privacy button in certain rooms, but making it so all the people in that room appear as the grey blur silhouette that drones see
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Balance idea for the AI

Post by Lumbermancer » #157441

Hello? Why ain't we talking about this.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Re: Balance idea for the AI

Post by Ezel » #157446

Remove roundstart ai
Re-add remotes
Problem fixed
The future is horrible!